• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dank Lotion

Oct 27, 2017
This is shaping up to be her most acclaimed album and she's doing it without a visual, which benefited her last 2 albums. This is amazing to see.

Rumor is Act 2 is gonna be another visual album Netflix drop and Act 3 is the tour.

Thique, America Has a Problem and I'm That Girl is my top 3. I love how experimental she's getting! This shit sounds so... fresh.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
This shit sounds so... fresh.

She knows

giphy.gif

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I've never been a huge Beyonce fan.

I've respected the fuck out of her for years but other than a couple tracks, none of her albums have really hit me that hard.

This album is so good, I'm going to revisit her full discography.

WhisperOfMalice

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I love Alien superstar and all up in your mind.

I'm really excited to see what visuals she has for this album, any rumors when they might release?

yado

Oct 25, 2017
Her best album imo.
I expected it to be good but this has definitely surpassed the others for me.

kalindana

Oct 28, 2018
4 Break My Soul remixes were just released:

View: https://open.spotify.com/album/43geArd3U23pTVjqzTSnkI
pitchfork.com

Beyoncé Shares Honey Dijon’s New “Break My Soul” Remix

Will.i.am, Terry Hunter, and Nita Aviance’s versions of the singles also appear on the new Break My Soul Remixes EP

Also, two changes were made to album tracks:

Upon its original release, Beyoncé's new album Renaissance included an interpolation of Kelis' "Milkshake" on "Energy." Kelis has said she was not informed by Beyoncé and her team that her music was going to be used on the new album. The "Milkshake" interpolation has now been removed from "Energy," Rolling Stone reports.

On the original version of "Energy," near the song's end, Beyoncé sang a variation of the "La-la, la-la, la" that Kelis made famous on "Milkshake" (as shown by the TikToker @jarredjermaine). In the updated version of "Energy" on streaming platforms, Beyoncé's series of "las" is absent.

Despite being interpolated, Kelis was not credited as a writer of "Energy" because she is not officially a writer or producer of "Milkshake." Her Neptunes collaborators, Pharrell Williams and Chad Hugo, are officially the composers and lyricists of "Milkshake," and, therefore, are co-writers of the original "Energy." At the time of this article's publication, Beyoncé's website and digital streaming platforms still list Hugo and Williams as composers on "Energy."

pitchfork.com

Beyoncé Removes Kelis Interpolation From “Energy” Amid Controversy Over Credits

The Renaissance song no longer includes an interpolation of “Milkshake” after Kelis claimed Beyoncé did not inform her that she’d be nodding to her music

Beyoncé has confirmed that she will remove an offensive term for disabled people from the lyrics of her new album, Renaissance, after it was called "ableist" and "offensive" by disability charities and activists.

In the song Heated, co-written with Canadian rapper Drake, Beyoncé used a derogatory term for spastic diplegia, a form of cerebral palsy. A representative for the musician told Insider that the lyric will be changed. "The word, not used intentionally in a harmful way, will be replaced," the statement said.

www.theguardian.com

Beyoncé to change Renaissance lyric containing ableist slur

A spokesperson for the musician confirmed that she will remove the offensive term for disabled people from her new song, Heated

Last edited:

Hale

Jul 19, 2022
I never thought she'd be able to dethrone Lemonade...but my god she did...Renaissance is just straight excellence.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
The last minute of Virgo's Groove is just... A dream.

I can't get over it.

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
How does something like Virgo's Groove exist? It is so musically perfect.

Also Beyoncé made this album impossible to karaoke with all these runs I feel like I'm watching a marathon.

m4st4

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Finally listened through all of it.

One word to describe the album: horny.

Will be a constant banger in my car for months to come.

Biosnake

Oct 25, 2017
Oh it's horny all right and I love it.

Paint the world pussy pink
Blue like the soul I crowned
Purple drank and couture gowns
Gold fangs a shade God made
Blue, black, white and brown
Paint the town red like cinnamon
Yellow diamonds, limoncello glisterin'
Rainbow gelato in the streets

Renaissance, yachtin' in Capri

4xhNyar.png

kalindana

Oct 28, 2018
New remix out now:

View: https://open.spotify.com/track/4DukzQv7lF6DXe6Un7lghr
youtu.be

BREAK MY SOUL (THE QUEENS Remix)

Provided to YouTube by Parkwood Entertainment/ColumbiaBREAK MY SOUL (THE QUEENS Remix) · Beyoncé · MadonnaBREAK MY SOUL℗ 2022 Parkwood Entertainment LLC, und...

Madonna has jumped on the latest remix from Beyoncé's Renaissance LP, "Break My Soul" (The Queens Remix). The song prominently features an interpolation of Madonna's 1990 hit single "Vogue," and name-drops a bevy of Black artists and ballroom legends.

pitchfork.com

Madonna Joins Beyoncé on New “Break My Soul” Remix

The latest remix from her Renaissance LP interpolates Madonna’s 1990 hit single “Vogue”

Royalan

Oct 24, 2017
Oh -- Apparently Beyonce's not done collaborating with legends.

The Isley Brothers just teased a collaboration with her on a remake of their classic R&B song "Make Me Say It Again":

View: https://www.instagram.com/reel/ChCnhCyjIGT/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

And even though it doesn't officially premier until the 12th, it was playing every hour on the hour on the local R&B station today, so I've heard it. It is very old school; it is very R&B; it is very Black. If you know The Isley Brothers, and it's a pretty straight-forward cover of their older song, you already know what it is.

And she sounds amazing. She's serving Debut era "Me, Myself and I" vocals.

Here's the classic Isley Brothers song, too:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60ZeFnaMh3s

EDIT: There's rumor that this is a tease of what vol. II is going to sound like and excuse me!? If Beyonce gives us an album of Classic 70s Baby-Making R&B I might be more here for it than vol. I.

kalindana

Oct 28, 2018
Renaissance debuted at #1 with the second-largest week of the year, btw:

Beyoncé's "Renaissance" album rode in on a steed of its own to register the second-best first-week numbers so far this year. It trails only Harry Styles' latest, as 2022 album premieres go.

The debut figure for "Renaissance" was 332,000 equivalent album units, per Luminate Data, as reported Sunday in Billboard — a tally that represents the best first week for a female artist this year.

"Renaissance" came in short of supplanting Styles' "Harry's House" as the top-debuting album of the year; Styles' collection bowed with 521,000 units in June. Beyoncé's effort topped all other 2022 contenders to date, though, the biggest of which were BTS' "Proof," which debuted with 314,000 units and now gets bumped to third place, and Kendrick Lamar's "Mr. Morale & the Big Steppers," which stepped out with 295,000.

variety.com

Beyoncé’s ‘Renaissance’ Scores With 2022’s Second-Biggest Album Debut Numbers

Beyoncé's 'Renaissance' debuted with the second-best numbers for an album's first week in 2022, trailing only Harry Styles' latest.

And Break My Soul hit #1 on the Hot 100:

Beyoncé has been no stranger to the top spot on the Billboard Hot 100, but in recent years, that's been via featured appearances on songs co-fronted by Megan Thee Stallion and Ed Sheeran. But she's returned to reign over the chart as a solo artist with "Break My Soul," which ascends to the No. 1 position after having first hit the Hot 100 six weeks ago. It reaches that pinnacle in the same chart week that sees her "Renaissance" album debuting on the Billboard 200 chart at No. 1.

The last time Beyoncé stood atop the songs chart by herself was back in 2008, when "Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)" dominated the Hot 100 for four weeks.

Since then, she'd shared the No. 1 spot with Sheeran for five weeks with their 2017 duet on "Perfect," and took hold of it again with a single week in 2020 when she and Megan went to the top with a remix of the latter artist's "Savage."

variety.com

‘Break My Soul’ Becomes Beyoncé’s First Solo No. 1 on the Hot 100 in 14 Years

Beyoncé last reached No. 1 on the Hot 100 with a non-collaboration with 'Single Ladies' in 2008. Her latest hit the top after six weeks.

Royalan

Oct 24, 2017
The Visuals

No Pop girl is doing it like this.

Also, love the 70s Influence 👀

OmniGamer

Oct 27, 2017
So after only giving it a couple of listens in a less than ideal disposition, I've finally been able to REALLY listen. MIND and MOOD finally got in sync, and it's officially at No-Skips status for me. This is a whole ass ALBUM, and there's parts of every single track that has me like...

UkZdfy6.gif

SectionZ

Banned
Sep 27, 2021
Beyoncé becomes the first artist in HISTORY to chart simultaneously at #1 on 23 different Billboard Charts!!

This album is a masterpiece! No joke. Thriller levels greatness!

kalindana

Oct 28, 2018
Variety on act ii:

And she's announced that this album is the first of three acts. There's still considerable mystery outside her inner circle as to what that means, but there are rumors the second "act" will amount to an entirely separate album before Christmas, and, more importantly, before Grammy final-round voting closes on Jan. 3, 2023.
variety.com

With Adele and Beyoncé as Frontrunners, Are the 2023 Grammys Headed Toward an Awkward Rerun of 2017?

Remember how aggrieved people got when Adele beat Beyoncé for album of the year at the Grammys in 2017? People, like for instance, Adele, who said that “the artist of my life is Beyoncé” and “the&n…

Matt_

Oct 25, 2017
This album kinda flew by me on first listen but the way it has invaded my consciousness since then is ridic
Such a fantastic body of work, replaced self titled as my favourite from her
I don't think the highs reach as high as Haunt/Flawless/Partition but it feels like a real evolution from the sounds she explored on that album and overall the project is better

I will be queuing on every device available to get tour tickets

OmniGamer

Oct 27, 2017
This album kinda flew by me on first listen but the way it has invaded my consciousness since then is ridic
Such a fantastic body of work, replaced self titled as my favourite from her
I don't think the highs reach as high as Haunt/Flawless/Partition but it feels like a real evolution from the sounds she explored on that album and overall the project is better

I will be queuing on every device available to get tour tickets

This is almost word for word my experience and feelings ATM.

I can go a couple of days without playing the album and STILL HEAR IT because each song will randomly play due to being "All up in my mind"

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh -- Apparently Beyonce's not done collaborating with legends.

The Isley Brothers just teased a collaboration with her on a remake of their classic R&B song "Make Me Say It Again":

View: https://www.instagram.com/reel/ChCnhCyjIGT/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

And even though it doesn't officially premier until the 12th, it was playing every hour on the hour on the local R&B station today, so I've heard it. It is very old school; it is very R&B; it is very Black. If you know The Isley Brothers, and it's a pretty straight-forward cover of their older song, you already know what it is.

And she sounds amazing. She's serving Debut era "Me, Myself and I" vocals.

Here's the classic Isley Brothers song, too:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60ZeFnaMh3s

EDIT: There's rumor that this is a tease of what vol. II is going to sound like and excuse me!? If Beyonce gives us an album of Classic 70s Baby-Making R&B I might be more here for it than vol. I.

Oh my fucking god. As a big Isley Brothers fan, it's a match made in heaven for me. Beyonce has always been amazing on featurings with legends of the Soul/R&B scene.
www.youtube.com

Beyoncé - The Closer I Get To You

Beyoncé With Luther Vandross- The Closer I Get You, Album: Dangerously In Love(2003), Columbia Records (SONY BMG MUSIC ENTERTAINMENT)The closer i get to you ...

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
I'm not a hip guy with music. I do catch new stuff a lot, but I'm not a day one Stan. Finally got to spend some time with the album. Really good. I'm also not a huge Beyoncé fan but I heard this was one more experimental. Love the dance roots as a dance fan too. Great album!

SilentSoldier

Oct 27, 2017
It's weird that her last few albums came with full videos for the songs, but there has been nothing for any of the bangers on Renaissance. Could only imagine what Alien Superstar, Cuff It, Plastic on the Sofa, Pure/Honey would've worked as videos. Either way, still a fantastic album.

Leona Lewis

Oct 25, 2017
It's weird that her last few albums came with full videos for the songs, but there has been nothing for any of the bangers on Renaissance. Could only imagine what Alien Superstar, Cuff It, Plastic on the Sofa, Pure/Honey would've worked as videos. Either way, still a fantastic album.
Given this video, something has to be on the horizon. No way all those looks 39 seconds in were just for a teaser.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09z3qcegpHU

But given that it's more than two months old, maybe it was all a ruse.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Alien Superstar is the best song on the album. Hopefully it gets a video.

Royalan

Oct 24, 2017
It's the Pure/Honey into Summer Renaissance finale for me.

kalindana

Oct 28, 2018
Summer 2023 tour is happening (but not officially announced yet)
variety.com

Beyoncé’s ‘Renaissance’ Summer 2023 Tour Inadvertently Revealed at Charity Auction

Beyoncé seemingly confirmed she will be on tour next summer during WACO Theater‘s Wearable Art Gala 2022 on Saturday night by auctioning an extravagant concert ticket package during the charity eve…

Beyoncé seemingly confirmed she will be on tour next summer during WACO Theater's Wearable Art Gala 2022 on Saturday night by auctioning an extravagant concert ticket package during the charity event.

In photos shared by attendees, the package description listed the following: "Valued at a total of $20,000, United [Airlines] x WACO offers you a chance to see Beyoncé on her 'Renaissance' tour starting in the summer of 2023 at any of United's national and international destinations around the world. This prize is complete with 2 first-class international United Airlines Polaris tickets to select cities with 3-night hotel accommodations at a Marriott property. And, to one of the most sought-after musical performances of all time, 2 concert tickets to Beyoncé's 'Renaissance' 2023 tour with a guided backstage tour with Miss Tina [Beyoncé's mother]!"

Beyoncé has yet to officially announce or comment on the tour. "Renaissance" was released in July but details on the project's forthcoming parts, visuals and live performances have remained strictly under wraps.