• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
AMERICA HAS A PROBLEM is the only track that confuses me. I agree with the title, this country is trash, but the song isn't about that seemingly. What am I missing? 😂

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
I keep dipping in and out of this album.

Summer Renaissance is sublime.

That chorus, what a glorious tribute.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
bey just dropped a classic, goddamn

the drums on cozy, fucking hell...

church girl sounds like some early kanye, of course it's produced by no id.

this is very much feel-good music. like you want to get in a club or wherever and dance your ass off to this shit. a lots of love to various genres but not sounding derivative. she nailed the sound, the production and structure are on-point. world needed this shit right now lol

Last edited:

Mau

Oct 25, 2017
Wow she finally made a throughly enjoyable album from front to back. What a fantastic record!

Even her best album (Self Titled) has a few dips/snoozes here and there. And don't get me started on the overrated Lemonade.

sprsk

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Started listening this morning. I am very very very into this sound. Giving me that early 90s club mix vibes, and Beyonces vocals are for lack of a better word, fierce.

OmniGamer

Oct 27, 2017
I've only given it one playthrough so far...I like how seamless it all feels. One teeny tiny nitpick, I wish Pure/Honey sampled more of the "don't you hear me calling you?" part of Miss Honey

LordByron28

Nov 5, 2017
Wow she finally made a throughly enjoyable album from front to back. What a fantastic record!

Even her best album (Self Titled) has a few dips/snoozes here and there. And don't get me started on the overrated Lemonade.
Haven't listened to Renaissance fully yet. I need to listen to it in full before I give my full impressions. I do appreciate that she went in such a different direction for herself while still making it distinctively Beyonce

However, I've low key found '4' to be her best album. I know it's unpopular but I actually enjoyed a lot of the tracks from Love On Top, Party, Schoolin Life, Countdown, I Miss You, 1+1, End of Time, I Was Here, and Run The World are all really solid, unique tracks. I thought Lemonade was her 2nd best as it all felt rather cohesive. Beyonce's self titled album is good and has some bops. However, I didn't find the whole album to be as cohesive as a body of work. I also felt that Beyonce played it a bit safe given the poor feedback from 4.

Fevaweva

Oct 30, 2017
With so much The-Dream on the credits, I was expecting something with a bit more...lyrical flourish?

However, that is a small criticism to make because this album has some absolute BANGERS on it.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Yo I know I'm not going crazy but did she remaster break my soul this version goes way way harder than the original

pokeystaples

Oct 27, 2017
Haven't listened to Renaissance fully yet. I need to listen to it in full before I give my full impressions. I do appreciate that she went in such a different direction for herself while still making it distinctively Beyonce

However, I've low key found '4' to be her best album. I know it's unpopular but I actually enjoyed a lot of the tracks from Love On Top, Party, Schoolin Life, Countdown, I Miss You, 1+1, End of Time, I Was Here, and Run The World are all really solid, unique tracks. I thought Lemonade was her 2nd best as it all felt rather cohesive. Beyonce's self titled album is good and has some bops. However, I didn't find the whole album to be as cohesive as a body of work. I also felt that Beyonce played it a bit safe given the poor feedback from 4.
4 is my fave as well. It's just a fun ass album.

Midnight

Jan 5, 2018
Man, Beyoncé's evolution as an artist has been so impressive. Ever since her album '4' she's been more and more experimental with her music and I love how her voice has matured over the years, it's deeper and grittier now, I effing love it.

Even if I'm not into some of the genres she explores here, I'm still finding it to be an impressive album. And there are still legit bangers in it, my favorites atm are "Cozy", "Cuff It", "Church Girl", "Virgo's Groove" and "Heated".

Androidsleeps

Oct 27, 2017
I need to listen to it one more time but my initial thoughts is that it's underwhelming thu I appreciate her being more experimental. It's just outside of one or two tracks nothing really stands out to me.

If we're ranking albums, I must agree that Selftitled is her best album. It's THE sound I want from Beyonce.

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
I've become that obnoxious gay that wants this playing in my ears 24-7

(Gets in the car with friends)
"Hey can I make a music request? :>"
(connects to Bluetooth)
PLEASEMUTHAFUCKASAINTSTOPPINME

Leona Lewis

Oct 25, 2017
At least once a year, I revisit that thread and howl at the collective euphoria. ST aged pretty well despite my lack of interest in its more sedate tone (Partition and Blow are still eternal, though), but the highlight was the flex more so than the music.

Even Lemonade couldn't compare to that megaton bomb of a drop.

Zaeia

Jan 3, 2018
This whole album was on rotation in every club in boystown chicago last night, was insane. Already officially soundtrack of the summer! I heard church girl rotated in A LOT, people are living for that song.

Oct 29, 2017
I had to do a road trip today to Sacramento. My wife loves this album so we played it in its entirety. My second listening. I just want to say to everyone here. YOU WONT BREAK MY SOUL!!!!! Sorry, it's stuck in my head

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Is this my favorite bey album??
I think it's her best album, there are almost no low points on this

That said of my top 5 Beyonce songs none of them would be from here

edit:

took a look and these would be my top 5 no order

Formation
Partition
Love on Top
Countdown
Haunted

Last edited:

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
i went to a cheesecake factory yesterday and they were playing this album in full. Not where I was expecting to hear it but that just shows Beyoncé's power.

Oct 25, 2017
It's so strange that critics think Lemonade is her best. It's nowhere near my top 3. Feels like they're just judging it on cultural impact / the innate importance vs the music.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
This is a good album.
I've listened to Thique, Cuff It, Church Girl, and Pure/Honey the most.

Top 3 Beyonce albums for me would be:
1. Sasha Fierce
2. Beyonce
3. Lemonade

This is probably #4 or #5.

gotriceboi

Jun 8, 2022
This is shaping up to be her most acclaimed album and she's doing it without a visual, which benefited her last 2 albums. This is amazing to see.