• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
PIT
God this album is incredible. Also hilarious after Pitchfork revisited Random Access Memories and revised the raising lower because it didn't inspire a disco or dance resurgence… well they were a decade early.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
I'm warning everybody
Soon as I get in this party
Imma let go of this body
I'm gonna love on me
Nobody can judge me but me
I was born free

😭😭😭

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
This stretch between Cuff It, Energy and Break My Soul has me. I don't even notice when one goes into the next. I'm just here vibing and she's there throwing tracks down like dominos.

Zaeia

Jan 3, 2018
GODDDDDAAAAAAMMMMMMMM! I just woke up to listen and I can't! What the fuck is this! This is one of the best albums I have ever heard. This is definitely her best album. Holy shit. Those who saying they not feeling it, I am honestly wondering how, album is pure plasma in yo veins.

Wallace Wells

May 24, 2019
All Up In Your Mind is my standout out in the album so far. Makes me wish SOPHIE was still alive because I can see her being on this album

The album as a whole is incredibly strong, the influences are just 👌🏻

gotriceboi

Jun 8, 2022
The throwback in THIQUE with her Destiny's Child voice has an ungodly grip on me. It's so short, but I just wanna hear more of it. So many colors to her voice in this album.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Producers took the assignment to the middle of the dance floor then set it on fire 😭

Probably why I can't see any credits on Apple Music lol

Biosnake

Oct 25, 2017
Man impressions are real good I gotta take a listen to the queen.

edit: GOD DAYUM

200.gif

edit edit: this gonna BUMP in the whip

Last edited:

Svadhyaya

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
This isn't a dance music album at all. There's no breathing room or balance for the melody/beat to shine.

Oct 25, 2017
This album is nuts. I can't believe she fully committed to a concept like this. This is exactly what I wanted from late stage Beyoncé.

Leona Lewis

Oct 25, 2017
This album is nuts. I can't believe she fully committed to a concept like this. This is exactly what I wanted from late stage Beyoncé.
Yeah, I knew she'd rock the dance joints, but for the better part of two decades I've been begging her to do a neo-soul song, and Plastic off the Sofa is the irrefutable evidence that she could totally eat that shit up. It's amazing how pristine her vocals still are after all these years, and how she's still finding ways to manipulate her voice for artistic effect.

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Nearly done with the album and I keep coming back to "I'm That Girl" like damn what a fantastic representation of the entire album.

Also the flow in this album is so good. Definitely meant to be taken as a whole even though every individual part is perfect.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
OK.

What witchcraft is behind PURE/HONEY?

How did she glide through 3 different genres on the same track like that?

Oct 29, 2017
So far, this is all over the place. I don't know what I'm listening to. This Alien song sounds like one part Prince, one part Missy and one part Kanye. I'm hoping it gets more focused. Cuff it is much better. But the lyrics sounds like some Doja cat song.

Sai

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
Hope to get an instrumental version of this soon. Some pretty solid stuff here.

Mau

Oct 25, 2017
The transition from ENERGY to BMS 🔥

PURE/HONEY is what I was expecting the album to actually sound tbh.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Felt like I was witnessing a seminal pop music culture moment when listening to this.

Just WOW.

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finished the album and god damn it can run on repeat forever and it just flows perfectly. "Summer Renaissance" back into "I'm That Girl" works so well.

Favorites of the album are "I'm That Girl", "Pure/Honey" and the "Cuff It"/"Energy"/"Break My Soul" trio. Also "Cozy". Love the whole damn thing, though.

I saw some people talking about the lyrics in songs like "Thique" and "Pure/Honey" and like…they aren't genius-level classical poetry but did they need to be? The themes, the music, and Beyoncé's vocals are fantastic.

Leona Lewis

Oct 25, 2017
I saw some people talking about the lyrics in songs like "Thique" and "Pure/Honey" and like…they aren't genius-level classical poetry but did they need to be? The themes, the music, and Beyoncé's vocals are fantastic.
This. There's a time and place for Mariah Carey-esque wordsmithing in pop music, but here the most important thing is being immersed in the specific mood, which Beyonce's vocal delivery does expertly. More than any other vocalist still active in the industry, she enhances every line with a stunning deliberateness and imbues the song with a rare animation and exhilaration that others like Dua and even Adele or Gaga can't.

She effortlessly goes from tender to tough to playful and back again, just with her vocal instincts and not necessarily the lyrics. In short, no one else could've done this album.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
This. There's a time and place for Mariah Carey-esque wordsmithing in pop music, but here the most important thing is being immersed in the specific mood, which Beyonce's vocal delivery does expertly. More than any other vocalist still active in the industry, she enhances every line with a stunning deliberateness and imbues the song with a rare animation and exhilaration that others like Dua and even Adele or Gaga can't.

She effortlessly goes from tender to tough to playful and back again, just with her vocal instincts and not necessarily the lyrics. In short, no one else could've done this album.
Agreed. Lyrics don't matter here. Like I love the way she says certain lines on this album. "You sexy muthafucker" 😍😎 lol

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
That's a goooood album, well worth the wait. And I guess she's got at least two more on the way soon?? Concerts are going to be insane

Still haven't internalized a lot of the lyrics tbh but they seem fine to me so far? Think "Tig Ol Bitties" was the only thing that got an eyebrow raise out of me lmao