• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Frodo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

phHvhGh.gif

Dany

Oct 29, 2017
seattle
i was able to listen to the album through plastic off sofa. Album is a banger. She is killing it and I am loving it.

I just want to dance to this all night long

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
Just listened to it. Ain't sharin how or where.

It is everything I hoped it would be. What a fucking bop.

Zaeia

Jan 3, 2018
I finally located a few tracks, LQ though, and guuurrrlllllll snapped. Forget the album I'm ready for my tour tickets. Liver performance and mixes going to be nasty!

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
I finally located a few tracks, LQ though, and guuurrrlllllll snapped. Forget the album I'm ready for my tour tickets. Liver performance and mixes going to be nasty!

Right. I need a tour like now. Jesus the crowds gonna be wild at the first Beyoncé tour since the pandemic with this album.

The entire 16 track album plays like one continuous DJ'd dance track. It's amazing

Davidion

Charitable King
Oct 27, 2017
Thought Break My Soul was kinda droll. Does the rest of the album improve?

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
Thought Break My Soul was kinda droll. Does the rest of the album improve?

It's one of the weakest songs on the album IMO. The rest of what's here is so good in runs, musicality, lyricism, I'm personally just in awe of this album. Every time I listen my ears peel back more layers of production and detail I didn't notice the first time.

Davidion

Charitable King
Oct 27, 2017
It's one of the weakest songs on the album IMO. The rest of what's here is so good in runs, musicality, lyricism, I'm personally just in awe of this album. Every time I listen my ears peel back more layers of production and detail I didn't notice the first time.

Dope, thank you. Imma go scope the album out

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
It was a soundtrack album, but I think she was involved in everything on The Lion King/Black is King, too. It wasn't just a curation deal.

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
y'all I NEED to talk more about this album

It is fucking EXQUISITE

I'm listening on my Plex server connected to my 5.1 Atmos home theater with Klipsch Reference Premier 8000F series speakers and JBL 550 10" sub.

Let me tell you this is one of her finest achievements. I can't believe how much I adore EVERY song on this album compared to just having just a few .favorites on each of her previous albums.

Every song is danceable

The entire album sounds like one continuous monologue/stream of consciousness played to the beat of a crazy talented DJ that switches styles for every song, but each song even musically TRANSITIONS into the next, raising the tempo and modulating the beat and rhythm. Like an homage to Chromatica.

Yet each vocal chorus and verse is just an intense, thoughtful reflection on love, sex, companionship, self-esteem, black excellence, success, social/racial justice, and black feminism, married to absurdly talented runs, harmonies and musicality strewn elegantly over the flexing tempo to each song change like pearls on a string. The more powerful the word in the lyric, the more ambitious of a vocal acrobatic endeavor she attempts, in order to perform musical gymnastics around these notes.

It's exceedingly impressive from a music production standpoint yet also unstoppably immaculate in every other quality category for me in music: Something to say? Check. Songwriting? Check. Talent? Check. ? Surprising? Check. Historically conscious/honorable? Double check.

Black people had a huge role in developing the first house and disco music. She intertwines that with her classic R&B/pop style. She honors that by sewing a dazzling tapestry of musical references that gleam like jewels. Disco rhythms mixed with ballads from R&B that seamlessly transition into funk or house with an altered tempo and suffer from outrageously addicting melodies that proliferate the best pop. Vocalizations, historical shouting and audio snippets, ancient disco synths, a variety of sounds and instruments from across her genre, vocals, and past lyrics, feel perfectly mixed for Beyoncé alone.

Every song sounds characteristically Beyoncé, and yet totally new and musically never attempted from this angle.

It's just groundbreaking. I can leave it on all day on repeat and I feel invigorated. It's uplifting, it's emotional, it's confident, and it's needed in todays culture. I learn something from it every repeat. And technically, it's just a marvel. Again, the clever, amazing transitions from song to song with an ever present heartbeat across the tracks makes it infinitely danceable. Infinitely seamless.

The amazing remixes of the future will be made of this albums sounds.

I am listening to this album on my speaker set and it's literally the best fucking bop and dance beat I've heard since when clubbing was more of a thing pre-2020.

It also is one of the few songs that actually activates my sub. My sub is calibrated to have a pretty low LFE transition frequency because my Klipsch's have a wide bass range. So it activates during rare low roars in movies from monsters or earthquakes or rock slides in movies. Pretty infrequently, because the Klipsch's can handle low frequencies. Well Beyoncé got my sub fucking howling during different songs.

Idk I wrote this high this album is just my fucking jam rn and I want to dance it into eternity

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
I will be waiting until tomorrow.

That said, everything I'm hearing about it sounds fantastic.

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
This is actually the first album in years I will be physically buying at release in addition to streaming regularly through Apple Music and Spotify. I'm actually gonna eventually l break out my external drive to rip the physical media at the highest quality I can to put on my Plex server. And I never even bother with that. It just deserves my money and time.

Dany

Oct 29, 2017
seattle
So happy I got the limited edition vinyl. Thique, cozy, alien superstar and summer renaissance are my favorites after a few listen

Oct 27, 2017
Please tell me Break My Soul was the weakest track?

As a House dancer, it was super underwhelming to me, unfortunately.

Hope the rest of the album slaps tho

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
Please tell me Break My Soul was the weakest track?

As a House dancer, it was super underwhelming to me, unfortunately.

Hope the rest of the album slaps tho

It's iconic but to me it is yes the weakest track on there. It's immediately recognizable but be warned this album is not just full house. It has house, disco, pop and R&B elements in unfathomable musical combinations IMO.

Leona Lewis

Oct 25, 2017
It's iconic but to me it is yes the weakest track on there. It's immediately recognizable but be warned this album is not just full house. It has house, disco, pop and R&B elements in unfathomable musical combinations IMO.
I'd say Break My Soul outranks Move and Heated. The album is basically flawless though despite that somewhat sedate middle portion.

OP
OP
Zutroy

Zutroy

Oct 25, 2017
It's out! (UK)

Only three songs in and already excited to bop to this again at the gym.

SectionZ

Banned
Sep 27, 2021
I'm only up to Church Girl and my god this shìt is so freaking good!!!! The production and vocals are out of this world. And it's so black!! I love it so much! Let's go!!

rude

Oct 25, 2017
mid. I added plastic off the sofa and virgo's groove to my library. the rest 🚮

Ariesfirebomb

Jul 3, 2018
Minneapolis
Absolutely her best album from me. Seeing her growth and growing with her music from 98 to now, the complexity of this is CRAZY. The production, the vocals. Nobody is doin it like her these days. She's learned from the greats like MJ, Prince, Mariah, Janet and it SHOWS.

Delaney

Oct 25, 2017
She put crack on Alien Superstar's chorus woah

I'm too classy for this world, forever, I'm that girl
Feed you diamonds and pearls, ooh, baby
I'm too classy to be touched, I paid them all in dust
I'm stingy with my love, ooh, baby

I'm

UNIQUE

493-Xf-GIx7-I.gif

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
She put crack on Alien Superstar's chorus woah

I'm too classy for this world, forever, I'm that girl
Feed you diamonds and pearls, ooh, baby
I'm too classy to be touched, I paid them all in dust
I'm stingy with my love, ooh, baby

I'm

UNIQUE

493-Xf-GIx7-I.gif
Yes 😭😭😭

I'm sure this will be divisive, but I love this album.