• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Game doesn't launch for me for some reason. Gets stuck when it loads and then just crashes. Shame since I was looking forward to trying it out.

Mr. Robot

Oct 30, 2017
The guys that end up chasing you always look ridiculous to me with their portly bodies and flapping arms, but the driving and tension up to the point they show up is amazing. I really should grab this at some point

I like their look you could pretend they are deformed people, but would be cool if the dev could add more scenarios, like UFO/aliens abduction, mothman/chupacabra, hills have eyes people.

May 24, 2018
Bohemia
New gameplay added, where you can help NPCs escape:
pcZSMFk.gif

It's part of the monthly updates on Patreon - if you want to support the project: https://www.patreon.com/ondrejsvadlena

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
That station wagon was kansei drifting. That's like a good concept. Wish there was a level where to run from a tornado or something. Otherwise they could just call it Shanghai racing simulator.

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
They've nailed the atmosphere. It's one of those games where you can't believe someone didn't think of that concept before.

Oct 25, 2017
Happy New Year everyone! To celebrate, I've updated the demo - v001 adds controller support (experimental, only tested with 360 controller), manual shifting, wipers, better headlights (less blinding fog), ragdoll goons and WASD by default. You can also switch on electricity for the whole map.

If you want to try it out, you can grab it here: https://www.indiedb.com/games/beware/downloads/beware-demo-v001

Can't wait to try the improvements, and glad to see you're on Era!

Question about distribution - have you considered setting up an itch.io page to make it a bit easier for fans to update demo builds? It's quite an indie-friendly community and I would appreciate being able to manage the file through the launcher for personal ease of use instead of needing to manually download zips.

Maneil99

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Thanks! Not until I start working with a real programmer. I did my best to optimize but it still runs bad on Mac - tested on a friend's iMac: 10-15fps @ 720p. For the full release, there will be a Mac version for sure.
What are your goals for the game? In terms of a release, consoles, ect! Do you intend to add non vehicle enemies?

ODD

Oct 25, 2017
Happy New Year everyone! To celebrate, I've updated the demo - v001 adds controller support (experimental, only tested with 360 controller), manual shifting, wipers, better headlights (less blinding fog), ragdoll goons and WASD by default. You can also switch on electricity for the whole map.

If you want to try it out, you can grab it here: https://www.indiedb.com/games/beware/downloads/beware-demo-v001

Yay! Great stuff, bro! Thank you.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
I've been following this game because I hope at some point to play it on Xbox One X. Looks fantastic.

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was in until I realized it was all in a car. The aesthetic seems wasted on the gameplay IMO, and I really, really love the aesthetic.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Looks interesting, I'll have to give the demo a try!

Not the same setting or atmosphere obviously but it reminds me of the old Spielberg movie "Duel"

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
If you told this was a Silent Hill driving game, I would believe you with no hesitation. Environments looks unsettling.

May 24, 2018
Bohemia
Can't wait to try the improvements, and glad to see you're on Era!
Question about distribution - have you considered setting up an itch.io page to make it a bit easier for fans to update demo builds? It's quite an indie-friendly community and I would appreciate being able to manage the file through the launcher for personal ease of use instead of needing to manually download zips.

This will most probably be the last demo update - but, yeah I've read very positive opinions about itch.io

What are your goals for the game? In terms of a release, consoles, ect! Do you intend to add non vehicle enemies?
I'm currently evaluating all possible funding options and also looking into alternative ones. First step will be to put together a small team for the production of the full game (right now I'm just one guy, with two kids - not ideal for a project of this scope). Release date, if all goes well: 2020-2021. Platforms: definitely Mac, PC, possibly XBox, PS. Also VR would be quite fitting I think.

Concerning non-vehicle enemies: yes!

I've been following this game because I hope at some point to play it on Xbox One X. Looks fantastic.

It's definitely possible and I've talked with an XBox representative about this - the good news is that it's now much less of a pain to port to current gen consoles than it was with the last generation.

I was in until I realized it was all in a car. The aesthetic seems wasted on the gameplay IMO, and I really, really love the aesthetic.

Yeah, this is an ongoing internal dilemma - getting out of the car could make sense but it would also increase production cost. Gameplay in the demo is currently very limited - it may seem it's only about being chased, which is not the goal for the full game.

dodo667418

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 28, 2017
Well that was exciting haha. I knew about the concept from this thread obviously, but I didn't know how I would trigger the "enemy car". Well a couple of seconds in, the heavy piano sound kicks in, headlights flash up behind me and I know shit's about to start, pretty cool moment I must say! And also getting stuck in the mud off the street can be terrifying as well with those creeps in your neck. Atmosphere and also the graphics seem top notch already, really impressed.

I tried playing with my Xbox One Controller, but only certain buttons work. Left shoulder button for enabling headlights works, the right stick for camera control tool. Right trigger doesn't do anything though, so I couldn't accelerate. I played a round with keyboard then which works surprisingly well considering I hate playing anything with cars on it. Looking forward to full controller support in future demos / the full release, though. I might connect some other controllers to see if they work. I'm really interested to see what this game will have to offer once it's finished. It seems like such a cool idea. Gonna play some more later on, demo is really fun

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
This will most probably be the last demo update - but, yeah I've read very positive opinions about itch.io

I'm currently evaluating all possible funding options and also looking into alternative ones. First step will be to put together a small team for the production of the full game (right now I'm just one guy, with two kids - not ideal for a project of this scope). Release date, if all goes well: 2020-2021. Platforms: definitely Mac, PC, possibly XBox, PS. Also VR would be quite fitting I think.

It's definitely possible and I've talked with an XBox representative about this - the good news is that it's now much less of a pain to port to current gen consoles than it was with the last generation.

Yeah, this is an ongoing internal dilemma - getting out of the car could make sense but it would also increase production cost. Gameplay in the demo is currently very limited - it may seem it's only about being chased, which is not the goal for the full game.

I think the "in car" thing is a unique angle and I'd rather the game focus on its strengths and unique aspect than trying to do too much.

OP
OP
IbizaPocholo

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza

Definitely i'm going to try the new demo.

Maneil99

Banned
Nov 2, 2017

Awesome, anyway we can support you guys financially? Is this your project for income or for a hobby? Crowdfunding might be an option if it's your full time thing?

Also Xbox has Early Access now however I am not sure how easy it is to apply. Could raise revenue that way.

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Excited to see how it turns out either way, even if the gameplay in the end turns out not being for me :)

OP
OP
IbizaPocholo

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza
My ride on the 2nd demo:

I tried the demo with the xbox one controller and the accelerator button is not assigned so is not possible to drive. Only works for the light, the windshield and the ¿brake? so is very partial support for the moment and useless.

Waiting for the full support.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
These newest videos look incredible.
I'd love it if there was an option to have unlockable cars that just creepy versions of pop culture big icon cars like the delorean, AE86 and GTR R34