• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
It's hard to believe it's actually a sequel with how much Jimmy went through prior to BB, I'm not sure what the timespan is between the last season of BCS and BB but he has a lot of stuff to mentally work out to become wacky lawyer guy from Breaking Bad. BB Saul is basically a cartoon character compared to the Saul of BSC.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
It's hard to believe it's actually a sequel with how much Jimmy went through prior to BB, I'm not sure what the timespan is between the last season of BCS and BB but he has a lot of stuff to mentally work out to become wacky lawyer guy from Breaking Bad. BB Saul is basically a cartoon character compared to the Saul of BSC.

Like all final seasons, time jump, super critical incident.

I'm guessing it's as simple as Kim leaving because the cartel killing her would more than likely lead him out of his current life rather than further into it.

Selphie

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
I have been following this thread since the season started but I just have to say, I love this show so damn much. easily the best thing on right now. This season is the best season of the show so far and I can't wait for the finale.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
I feel like they're setting up Kim to be able to freely leave Albuquerque now that she's done with Mesa Verde and S&C, so there's a likely chance she'll end up escaping to avoid something tragic.

Flaurehn

Oct 25, 2017
Mexico City
I am rewatching the episode, man, Lalo had nothing but contempt for Kim, he didn't look at her, shhh her, he was so focused on his prey, and when Kim threw that contempt back at him with a condescending "That's it" that's the moment he lost. So satisfying to watch

Oct 25, 2017
Outer Heaven
Man, I'm so surprised Saul and Mike were Season 2. They feel so essential to the show.

YT comments apparently show that the only reason Mike exists is because for this scene Bob Odenkirk had a scheduling conflict so they created this character.

Yup!

www.cinemablend.com

How Breaking Bad Got Better Thanks To How I Met Your Mother

We all know that Breaking Bad was an incredible show, and that had a lot to do with its impeccable cast. What you might not know is that one piece of that stellar ensemble was very close to not existi
Wow, this combined with Jesse dying in season 1 as was originally planned just goes to show how different things can end up being

Lionel Mandrake

Prophetic Lionel Mandrake
Oct 26, 2017
That was the most tense I've felt watching a show since the "We're in the End Times" arc in Breaking Bad.

When it ended, I realized I was literally on the edge of my seat, practically falling off the couch.

Deleted member 19844

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
United States
My heart was racing at the end of the episode. I had to sit back and calm down after that scene with Lalo.

In rewatching it, I don't think Kim's speech convinced him of Saul's innocence. Instead I think it opened his eyes to there being a bigger deception afoot -- Kim's line (paraphrased) about "if you can't trust your men with your money then you've got a bigger problem than Saul Goodman" is what mentally slapped him to his senses. He does have a bigger problem... and I worry for Nacho now...

Pall Mall

Oct 25, 2017
They mention Tuco getting out of jail in 11 months this episode. Does that inform us of where we are in relation to Breaking Bad at this point?

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
hvi7d6lz6us41.png

Bad Advice

Jan 8, 2019
I have started rewatching this amazing show from the beginning even though we're not finished with season 5. I got my gf hooked. She loved BB but couldn't get into BCS but now that she watched a couple of episodes of season 5 she wants to watch all of it.

One thing I noticed how the first two episodes of BCS very much feel like BB. You have fast paced action, the camera angles and of course old characters. but then the show gets its own distinct flavour where Chucks story and Jimmy lawyering around becomes center stage. There are still some crazy BB like episodes in all the seasons but generally I had a feeling that it had something unique and different and I loved that. Now I have a feeling that we're starting to drift back to BB style which is obvious given that the show is coming to an end and has to connect to BB. I am not bemoaning that, just an observation. The last episode with the desert adventure felt like pure BB.

As for the the season generally I am glad Kim finally called out Jim for being a prick and a clown but I was hoping for something more forceful and certainly not a marriage proposal at the end.. but maybe we'll still get that.

VG Aficionado

Nov 6, 2017
I will just go along with you guys and say that I was literally on the edge of my seat as I watched the final scene. I can't wait to watch the next episode and I cannot wait for the next and last season to wrap things up.

Jimmy was literally about to give the story away himself, but right as he says, "Look...OK..." Kim jumps in because she's actually thinking clearly and can bullshit her way through it unlike Jimmy who's still exhausted and rattled.

Quite right! I definitely agree with this. Such an incredibly well thought-out show...

Is there any chance that they could wrap up everything enough to have the entire next season be post-Breaking Bad/Gene timeline?

My guess is that they will still have more to tell from the BCS timeline before they jump to post-BB. If I had to bet money, I think the last two episodes from next season will be entirely about Gene / Saul / Jimmy.

Wariobenotware

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 2, 2020
I'm kind of surprised that Lalo didn't just shot Kim whille she had her talk. Lalo doesn't strike me as the kind of dude who would change his mind with killing someone.

Hewlett

Oct 27, 2017
Yet he's seemingly still alive by episode 8 of Season 2 Breaking Bad
Jimmy is taken at gunpoint to the desert by Walt and Jesse and he asks them if Lalo sent them

Not necessarily, as long as...

...Jimmy thinks that he's alive. It'd be easy for Gus & Mike to make Lalo disappear out in the desert without anyone knowing

Jakisthe

Oct 25, 2017
The lack of Tony Dalton BCS interviews is a travesty. He's able to go toe to toe with the rest of the cast, yet no one wants to get his side of the story. I'd not be upset with an Emmy nom.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Guys, how is it humanly possible to create Breaking Bad and then Better Call Saul? What kind of fucked up deal with the devil did Vincent Gilligan do?

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Guys, how is it humanly possible to create Breaking Bad and then Better Call Saul? What kind of fucked up deal with the devil did Vincent Gilligan do?

Again, while Vince did create both shows he actually left BCS before season 4 and since then it has been lead by Peter Gould and his team. Vince only does the odd directing job here and there.

grang

Nov 13, 2017
Rewatched the second half of the episode today, god damn what a masterpiece. This and Chicanery are just incredible TV filmmaking.

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
Wasnt there a scene Saul calls for her help? Something to do with a building or something. I remember something vaguely about that.

that's what i was thinking. at a diner pay phone or something he calls and no one picks up. I cant remember if he leaves a message but he looks sad when there is no response.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know what Mandela Effect thing is going on here, but Kim is never mentioned or alluded to anywhere in Breaking Bad. The closest thing is that Saul mentions he's been married three times.

What you might be getting confused with is the scene last season where there was a flashforward to BB season 5, with Saul tearing apart his office to get the money for the vacuum guy and he gives Francesca an unknown person's business card and tells them to "Tell them Jimmy sent you." This person has been widely speculated to be Kim, but is not confirmed.

Apr 19, 2018
I'm surprised no one's brought it up yet, but other than plot convenience, how do Mike and Saul fail to mention his Esteem is in the ditch to begin with?

You would think they'd have filled in Victor and Tyrus on that detail when they were doing the clean-up.

Praxis

Sausage Tycoon
Oct 25, 2017
UK
What an episode, holy shit. That last scene was great, even though my 4 year old woke up half way through and completely ruined the moment.

This season has been so good!

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Everytime I watch a Better Call Saul episode on a Monday, I feel embarrassed for my previous self that watched Westworld the day before.

I feel like a bulb got set off in Lalo's head by Kim. She was the only one who's stood up to him since he's been on the show and her words about "not trusting the people close to you" must have had him reconsider why he really sent Saul instead of one of his own men, like Nacho, and now he's going to investigate that feeling.

Reminds me oddly of how another season finale of a GOAT show went down:

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

Apr 19, 2018
Despite the high tension and emotions, we can't forget that there were also nuggets of comedy gold this episode:

BCS.png

That camera pan to the left before it showed Bill's mug had me in stitches. xD

chimpsteaks

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 12, 2019
I guess I haven't been paying close attention. Why was it important for Saul and Mike/Gus to hide the shooting incident in the desert from Lalo?

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
With what they've done with Gus' character I wouldn't be surprised if Fring took him out in the desert and ate his heart.