• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What a great episode. Can't believe there is a whole other season. Things seem so escalated already.

____

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, FL
Just starting the episode now on AMC.com but FUCK them for having that huge spoiler as the screenshot of this episode. What a bummer.

Edit: And of course, the episode won't play and I have to wait until someone fixes it. Just like every week. Wow, dude.

IronRinn

Oct 25, 2017
Man, that episode was great. That shot of Lalo looming over Kim waiting for his cuffs to be put on was creepy as hell. They are really turning the screws before going into the last season.

-Pyromaniac-

Oct 25, 2017
The avclub reviews have been good this season. She had a more optimistic take of Kim:

"We've been thinking of Saul as a con man, a fast-talking shyster, a man who wields the law like just another scam. But maybe Saul is the iron core of Jimmy McGill — the part that isn't going to stand for being sidelined and patronized. Saul is the part of Jimmy that won't play along and take the L. The part that, when pushed far enough, decides to stay and fight rather than save his own skin. The part that hangs up on Ed at Best Quality Vacuum in the flash-forward. And if he believes Mike that Kim's in the game now (not just "game-adjacent," as he tries to spin it), that might be the part of him that finds a way to save her.

In other words, for the first time this season, I have a glimmer of hope that Kim might make it. Now that's a resurrection. Happy Easter, everyone."

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Even though we knew what the overall outcome would be, they still managed to make that episode nearly as tense as anything that's come before in either BCS or BB. Impressive.

gagewood

Oct 25, 2017
It won't be long until Kim needs to order a dust filter for a Hoover Max Extract 60 Pressure Pro.

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
It's fucking crazy how this show has changed from season one. Before it felt like a totally different genre, but now it really feels like a Breaking Bad prequel, I mean, seeing Howard earlier in the season was almost weird because it was like he stepped out of a totally different show. Meanwhile, Kim has slowly transitioned alongside Jimmy, and doesn't really feel that out of place despite how well she fit into the show as it once was. Really interesting stuff.

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
I've never been a fan of the "convenient" (for lack of a better word) things that happened in Breaking Bad and now Better Call Saul. So, Mike shoots the driver and car does some insane series of flips and is destroyed so they can't use it and oh by the way there was a water jug in there but it's destroyed too.

Last edited:

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
So, I know they have to do it because they have to adhere to the way Breaking Bad was written, but I just want to chime in on how fucking stupid this "You gotta keep your woman ignorant because that's how you keep her safe" trope is. I already know some of you are upset at my phrasing of that, but it's always women that are kept ignorant while men do what they need to do to provide for them, whether they want to or not, and it's always transparent to me that this is just to keep them from influencing the story too much while their male characters do all the important shit.

And the reason I hate this because it is materially not true. Whether we're talking superhero secret identities or this cartel shit or anything, if the villain of the story finds out that the character has this kind of vulnerability, they're not gonna give a shit whether the loved one in questions has any idea of what is really going on. And Mike should know this because when he wasn't willing to change his testimony for Tuco, the Twins showed up and directly threatened his daughter, who obviously doesn't know anything about how her Pop-pop's involvement with the Cartel, and that was back when Mike wasn't even actually involved, he just did Nacho a favor.

So, I just want to make that clear here that Mike is both wrong and being a tool with that line of reasoning, because he's usually portrayed as the most noble of the show's cast of criminals. And as a story device, it suuuuuuucks and I wish writers did it less. In 99% of situations, knowing what the fuck is going on is going to give anybody the best chance of reacting to it the best they can when something goes wrong. That might not be enough to save them, but it gives them the agency to make the best decisions they can, and I 1000000% love and support that when Kim saw something went wrong, she tried to actually do something about it. Keeping her ignorant wouldn't have kept her safe. It might not save her, but she still gets to make decisions about her own fate instead of being confused and helpless because she doesn't know whats going on.

Last edited:

Denali

Mar 20, 2018
I've never been a fan of the "convenient" (for lack of a better word) things that happened in Breaking Bad and now Better Call Saul. So, Mike shoots the driver and car does some insane serious of flips and is destroyed so they can't use it and oh by the way there was a water jug in there but it's destroyed too.

I kinda thought the same thing... but ain't no way a water jug is staying sealed/closed in that kind of wreck.

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I've never been a fan of the "convenient" (for lack of a better word) things that happened in Breaking Bad and now Better Call Saul. So, Mike shoots the driver and car does some insane series of flips and is destroyed so they can't use it and oh by the way there was a water jug in there but it's destroyed too.
That doesn't seem very convenient...

Getting a usable vehicle and a jug of water would be though.