• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vipershark

Oct 28, 2017
What if the finale is Jimmy vs Howard over Lalo somehow?
Howard ens up pulling some uncharacteristic punches and Kim is forced to witness as Jimmy cheats hard to get this obvious criminal off, taking things too far for her

Apr 19, 2018
Anyone else got a craving when Gus unveiled those fries?

"Spice Curls. The curly fry with the Southwestern kick."
spice-curls.png

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
I don't think Jimmy blames Howard for Chuck's death. He knows he was the one to fuck with Chuck's malpractice insurance. I think he said that to Howard because he knows it would hurt him.
Jimmy blamed himself for Chuck's death, and jumped at the chance to pin the blame on Howard. Deep down he knows the truth and hates himself, but he has transferred all that hate onto Howard.

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
Yeah there is SOMETHING coming up between Mike and Nacho; what direction they go with it is up in the air to me. I'm not entirely sure Mike has much more "Breaking Bad" to do; he's ironically a half-assed "remorseless killer" in Breaking Bad still, despite his "no half measures" speech to Walt.

But perhaps taking out Nacho is that final turn for MIke; we'll see.

Apr 19, 2018
I don't think Jimmy blames Howard for Chuck's death. He knows he was the one to fuck with Chuck's malpractice insurance. I think he said that to Howard because he knows it would hurt him.

Yeah, I agree here -- I think he said it to fuck with Howard. I don't think this is the last interaction between them.

Jimmy blamed himself for Chuck's death, and jumped at the chance to pin the blame on Howard. Deep down he knows the truth and hates himself, but he has transferred all that hate onto Howard.

Yeah, reflecting back on it, that he's projecting the blame onto Howard is likely the correct assessment. Still, it was clear that Jimmy was coming from a place of genuine raw emotion when he said "you killed my brother" that maybe he's even come to believe it in a sense.

sasnak

Dec 4, 2018
I'm running out of superlatives to describe this show. The scene with Jimmy and Howard made me tear up. Everything we know about Jimmy combined with what we know he becomes just makes it all so sad. The only thing that remains to be seen is how many people he takes down with him. Whoever said that we're watching a tragedy hit the nail on the head.

Civilstrife

Oct 27, 2017
I think Kim will end up in prison, taking the fall for one of Jimmy's schemes gone wrong.

We'll catch up with her after Breaking Bad when either her sentence is complete, or Jimmy returns to the world of law one last time under a new name, to get her out. Maybe he'll take her name. James Wexler.

jdmc13

Mar 14, 2019
I think Kim will end up in prison, taking the fall for one of Jimmy's schemes gone wrong.

We'll catch up with her after Breaking Bad when either her sentence is complete, or Jimmy returns to the world of law one last time under a new name, to get her out. Maybe he'll take her name. James Wexler.
While seeing Kim in prison would hurt me greatly, Jimmy taking on one final identity and getting back together with Kim even if only on friendly terms using her last name as a sign of respect, would be the best ending.

Rutger

Oct 25, 2017
I know it's easy to worry about Kim's and Nacho's fates, it keeps looking worse for them.

But I can't help but think that at some point Jimmy has to learn about how the vacuum guy can help people disappear. He doesn't know about that right now as far as we know, right?

Those two seem like the best chance to bring that up(or maybe even Nacho's dad). Could still be whoever gets the chance will turn it down and still have a tragic end, but I'd be surprised if that is never brought up when it's still relevant to the flashforwards.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
I'm running out of superlatives to describe this show. The scene with Jimmy and Howard made me tear up. Everything we know about Jimmy combined with what we know he becomes just makes it all so sad. The only thing that remains to be seen is how many people he takes down with him. Whoever said that we're watching a tragedy hit the nail on the head.
I posted that scene in the last page, although it's kinda average quality. It pains me every time I go back to watch it because Howard was trying to do what was in his opinion righting a wrong meanwhile Jimmy is just a fucking scumbag. And it's such brilliant acting from both of them.

Ramala

Oct 28, 2017
Santa Monica, LA
I think she's in a bit of denial, but when she knows Lalo got bail....it will become more real. And I'm sure it will escalate from there.

She certainly didn't seem *thrilled* by the information, but Jimmy was just doing exactly what she asked for, and you know he didn't want to tell her, so for her to respond any other way than she did to the first major instance of their new 'arrangement' would have shut the whole thing down then and there. She was put in a really tough spot at a *really* inopportune time.

Kumquat

Jan 23, 2018
Glad Howard figured it out, that outburst from Jimmy was fantastic

As for Jimmy and Kim getting married, I love how despite how unromantic the whole affair was compared to a "normal" wedding, they really were elated as all hell to have tied the knot. I appreciate that it wasn't just for show.

My marriage happened in a similar manner. We both knew we were going to get married and we just went and did a no fuss JP to deal with some issues instead of drawing out the engagement for like a year or whatever. Proposed during Hannukah and was married by NYE.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Was Jimmy's reflection on the wall symbolism for anything? Or maybe they thought it was just a cool shot.

-Pyromaniac-

Oct 25, 2017

Rangerx

Oct 25, 2017
Dangleberry
What an absolutely masterful episode. I can't say much more. Shit is getting real. I thought his transformation to Saul might feel forced bit it's all happening so naturally and makes total sense based on how the characters have developed so far.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
pretty sure it was just supposed to symbolize the two sides of him being conflicted at that very moment.

I feel like Howard is too good for it but who knows
Ah yeah, it was a really nice shot. Puts most shows to shame.

Also, I never thought I would end up feeling sorry for Howard when I first started watching the show.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
That chicken slide was funny. I love it when the show has dumb MacGyver shit like that.

Why? I don't think that family were witnesses, were they? I thought they were just attending the trial.
Yeah they were the victim's family. And then there was the fake family Jimmy brought in to support Lalo.

The person in danger is the librarian. But Jimmy nullified her testimony completely so maybe she's safe.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm a little confused by the way. Why does Gus want Lalo out of prison? What was the whole point of putting him in prison in the first place last episode if they were just gonna break him out again?

Apr 19, 2018
The Insider Podcast made an interesting point that Hamlin has done so much work on blaming himself, that Jimmy's blow-up rant had the reverse effect, and he ended up hurting himself more.

Whats-his-face did all that cleaning of the fryer for nothing...

The Podcast also reminds us that the restaurant that they blew up wasn't the main Los Pollos Hermanos branch -- i.e. the one that Fring typically works out of -- so Lyle's work remains not for naught.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a little confused by the way. Why does Gus want Lalo out of prison? What was the whole point of putting him in prison in the first place last episode if they were just gonna break him out again?
More options to control and/or kill Lalo with plausible deniability outside of prison than in.

Saul's end rant at Howard gave me some Dennis Reynolds vibes:

My first thought. He was so close to declaring himself a golden god.

Pall Mall

Oct 25, 2017
The shot with two-face Saul had me grinning so hard. Feels like this show has more lingering shots that burn in your brain than BB.

Did anyone else feel like Saul's rant at the end was bordering a manic episode?

Lionel Mandrake

Prophetic Lionel Mandrake
Oct 26, 2017
This episode really made you feel how close we're getting to Breaking Bad territory. Obviously, the appearances of Madrigal and Lydia helped that, but the storylines are really crossing over in a way that you can feel Walter White around the corner.

The interaction between Mike and Saul evokes Mike's original role as the official "cleaner," where you can easily picture Saul asking him to get involved in the Jane situation. Similarly, Mike's conversations with Nacho are right in the realm of his relationship with Jesse. Plus, Saul's breakdown at the end really echoed the more unhinged sleazeball we see in BB.

This show has been such a surprise all the way through. I can't believe we're over halfway through season 5 and Jimmy is just now going by "Saul" full time, still doesn't have the Cadillac, and still doesn't have the office, and yet it feels like the intersect is coming soon, and I'm still satisfied with the journey. It's nuts how the show has been allowed to breathe as much as it has without meandering for a second.

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
Oh I forgot to say I love the little touches. For instance the madrigal meeting was in Houston, though the scenery outside the conference room was likely not Houston. The bell hop asking Fring if he wants to go to the rodeo at reliant stadium was awesome. Reliant stadium was renamed in 2014 to nrg stadium and it would have been very easy to call it nrg stadium on accident.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
At first I was disappointed in Jimmy's outburst at Howard because it was taking the subtext of his feelings for him and making it very loud, hammy text.

But in reading this analysis in this thread I see the purpose of it. It was to set up a moment like that one Mad Men gif about "I don't think of you at all," about how deep Jimmy's hate for Howard and what he represents runs, while for Howard, Jimmy's just another lowlife asshole. It's emblematic of the tragedy of Jimmy, and probably what makes him different from Walt. Walt loved what he did wholeheartedly, but there's a large part of Jimmy that seems to hate being Saul because Saul is the validation of all of his insecurities. Heisenberg was Walt's dark freedom, Saul is Jimmy's curse.

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
This show is so addictive. Good acting. Good writing. Clever moments and serious drama. It's just a smorgasborg full of fast food, bowling balls and prostitutes.

Vipershark

Oct 28, 2017
Actually, a more likely finale for this saga is Howard digging into what happened with Mesa Verde, exposing it to Kevin, then it's Jimmy and Kim vs the entirety of HHM and things come full circle.
Schweickert & Cokely is disgraced, Kim is fired and has her life ruined, etc, a lot of dirty laundry is aired.

Sandpiper still hasn't happened yet, right?
There's still more to see of Howard and an angry, spiteful Howard is probably a pretty scary prospect.
Maybe Kim's snapping point is Jimmy having his contacts do something drastic to remove Howard from the picture.