• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Birbo

Oct 25, 2017
Watching Jimmy's transformation into Saul is as heartbreaking as it is entertaining. I love seeing the brilliant schemes come to fruition, but that courtroom scene tonight? It's like Jimmy was drowning with no way out but to switch on the Saul persona. Another great episode.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
As a Houstonian, the mention of the rodeo brought a tear to my dear heart. Too soon BCS. Too soon.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Watching Jimmy's transformation into Saul is as heartbreaking as it is entertaining. I love seeing the brilliant schemes come to fruition, but that courtroom scene tonight? It's like Jimmy was drowning with no way out but to switch on the Saul persona. Another great episode.

Yup, there's still a good person left in Jimmy.. but it's fading faster and faster. Now that he's in with cartel business, there's no way out.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Glad Howard figured it out, that outburst from Jimmy was fantastic

As for Jimmy and Kim getting married, I love how despite how unromantic the whole affair was compared to a "normal" wedding, they really were elated as all hell to have tied the knot. I appreciate that it wasn't just for show.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
I feel like it should be obvious for Howard. He knows how Jimmy is. He's a dick but he's not dumb.

I think Howard walking up and asking Jimmy again at the end was a ruse at that point. He knew he would decline or get irritated and he wanted to confront Jimmy. The whole "this is weird" statement was a perfect segue for Howard to bring it up.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
God

What a fucking show

There was so much goodness in that episode. I don't even know where to start.

Bravo at that last scene. Howard and Jimmy transforming into Saul before our very eyes. God damn.

Deleted member 5322

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
On the topic of this show's popularity or lack thereof, I will say every Monday night #BetterCallSaul is trending on Twitter (at least for me, could be different for others).

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
From the AV Club review: (sorry to steal your thunder Cornballer haha)

"Do you have documentation of your two previous dissolutions?" the clerk asks Jimmy, neatly tying up a loose end some of you eagle-eyes spotted after Kim proposed last week - in Breaking Bad Jimmy mentions his "second wife screwing his stepdad."

Wow, I remember us bringing it up last week but completely missed it when watching the episode this week.

Last edited:

Shadow

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Man I love this show. It's been the only show I've been watching because I feel like everything else will have inferior writing, characters, pacing etc. I'll snap out of it but still.

Vipershark

Oct 28, 2017
My theory is we still need to see Mike's turning point.. and I think it's going to be..

He either kills Nacho / Nacho's Dad by Gus' orders
We've already seen Mike's turning point when he killed Werner Ziegler.
Last week and this week's episodes were about him getting over it and becoming who he really is.

also, kim with the hair down
2dd.jpg

BAW

Oct 27, 2017
I will be very upset if something bad happens to Kim.
I know she hears the call of the void but still.

Oct 25, 2017
Last two episodes have been fantastic. Next one's directed by Gilligan, already can't wait for it and what this is all leading to in a few weeks.

CrankyJay

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Loved the scene with Kim laying it all out for Kevin and how he's gone against their advice every single time, and Rich just standing there in awe nodding his head.

-Pyromaniac-

Oct 25, 2017
Right? Imagine Kim of a few years back being told about her new husband working for a drug cartel. Would hope her reaction would be something different than ....."Ok, thanks for telling me babe...lets bang!"
I think she's in a bit of denial, but when she knows Lalo got bail....it will become more real. And I'm sure it will escalate from there.

OtisPepperoni

Dec 5, 2017
Can someone remind me exactly why Jimmy is SO pissed at Howard? I've seen every episode of the show and loved it, but time between seasons causes some details to be fuzzy. Just because Howard never took Jimmy seriously enough before?

Nov 9, 2017
Loved the scene with Kim laying it all out for Kevin and how he's gone against their advice every single time, and Rich just standing there in awe nodding his head.

I got the impression it wan't that great of a move for an ego-centric guy like Kevin and that she will end up losing their business in the end. Frankly I think the only reason she went back to say that is because she was upset he had the nerve to tell her she could do better than Jimmy.

Nov 9, 2017
Can someone remind me exactly why Jimmy is SO pissed at Howard? I've seen every episode of the show and loved it, but time between seasons causes some details to be fuzzy. Just because Howard never took Jimmy seriously enough before?

I think Jimmy is upset Howard told him that it was the issue with the malpractice insurance that sent Chuck down the path to suicide. Jimmy feels responsible for Chuck's death ever since that moment. Jimmy was quietly mourning and wondering what the hell caused Chuck to backslide, but once he learned that piece of info he immediately tried to lay the blame on Howard "its your cross to bear" and started moving towards "Slippin Jimmy/Saul Goodman" full speed ahead.

Its Jimmy's way of coping with his brothers death IMO. He still hasn't faced it yet and that's why he was quick to blame his death on Howard last night when he is actually the one secretly feeling guilty about it. That's what made Howards "I'm sorry your in pain" quote hit him so hard.

-Pyromaniac-

Oct 25, 2017
I've mentioned it a few posts up but the main tragedy for Jimmy's character is that he has been made to feel inferior his entire life, essentially being bullied by his brother for a lot of it. He is constantly trying to prove that he's better and doesn't need anybody by any means necessary and it's obviously escalating.

He just sees Howard as someone who has pity for him and isn't genuine. Obviously we know that Howard might be a douche but he is sincere. This combined with everything said by Grouch above covers it. he just has complete contempt for everybody who makes him feel this way. He is very much jimmy vs the world at this point.

Sadly Kim will become the world eventually I'm sure :(

CrankyJay

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Totally going off on a tangent, but I was just thinking about how Chuck basically lived in quarantine his last few years and this whole pandemic thing put that into a new perspective for me.

Apr 19, 2018

However inadvertent or true it may be, Jimmy appears to believe Howard was responsible for Chuck's death.

Looked like his breaking point before dropping the facade and going into his rant was when he says "You're sorry? You kill my brother and say you're sorry?"

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2019
I don't think Jimmy blames Howard for Chuck's death. He knows he was the one to fuck with Chuck's malpractice insurance. I think he said that to Howard because he knows it would hurt him.

Pendas

Oct 28, 2017
We've already seen Mike's turning point when he killed Werner Ziegler.
Last week and this week's episodes were about him getting over it and becoming who he really is.

Characters tend to have multiple "break bad" moments on this show. There is just too much evidence pointing to Nacho becoming a problem with Gus, and him using Mike to fix that problem.

Mike is a fixer. In BB, he shows almost no emotional connection to people, and justifies his murders as "fixing problems," or no-half measures. The only way to fix a problem is to get rid of it, period. No second chances. Right now, we see a Mike that is remorseful about his decision to kill Werner. Sure he did it, but he was torn up about it and punished himself because of it. The Mike in BB is not remorseful about his decisions, that's the change that needs to take place.

Also, Nacho has show time and time again he is the type of person Mike deals with, he is exactly the same as Werner. A good person, caught in a shitty situation, that breaks the rules for his family. Gus does not trust Nacho. The only reason Nacho breathes is because he is Gus' window to the Salamanca side of things, and dealing with Lalo. Eventually that use will run out, and Nacho will try some desperate play to get out like he did with Hector.