• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
New episode tonight:
Wexler v. Goodman
7853.jpg

IronRinn

Oct 25, 2017
Starting late, but good to see another Mr. Show alumnus make an appearance in this Mesa Verde ad.

Geg

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit jimmy

Also I completely missed the opening scene because I got distracted by animal crossing lol. It was a Kim flashback?

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
This show is just masterful.

I love how they show that short hole in one comment to the judge from Howard to quickly remind us what a fake douche he is so when the hookers walk in it just makes that scene so much sweeter.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
So is the marriage thing so they can't testify against each other? That was an annoying subplot in the latest season of Shameless.

Shoe

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
"I caught my second wife screwing my stepdad!"
- Saul Goodman, Breaking Bad

Imagine if that becomes part of some sort of grift

BorganXI

Oct 27, 2017
WA
Continues to be the best show on TV not enough people are watching.

4 episodes to go already... Flies by.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
This episode was great. Finally...brought back Nacho. When Kim said Jimmy played her for the sucker (again), I think she was subliminally hinting at the season 5 finale where she believed what he was saying about Chuck, but she ended up being fooled...

2PiR

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
I am starting to hate Saul. What an asshole. Beside what he did with Kim, does anyone else find his actions towards Howard not justified at all? Man I feel bad for Howard. Why the fuck is he keep going after him?

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
Masterful episode once again. Best of the season.

They have the craziest fucking relationship lmaooo

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
I am starting to hate Saul. What an asshole. Beside what he did with Kim, does anyone else find his actions towards Howard not justified at all? Man I feel bad for Howard. Why the fuck is he keep going after him?
Because he hates him. I don't get how this is a point of confusion for people. There is no justification that matters to Jimmy aside from his personal feelings towards Howard. He just fucking hates him.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
I also didn't expect Kevin to cave like that. He was just going all "I will not be bullied off my land" an episode ago, but Saul comes in with these utter bullshit, insulting him and his father to his face and he actually makes a deal with this person? I dunno, I just assumed he had more grit than this.

2PiR

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
Because he hates him. I don't get how this is a point of confusion for people. There is no justification that matters to Jimmy aside from his personal feelings towards Howard. He just fucking hates him.

well then jimmy is a fucking asshole and learn to move the fuck on. Howard numerously have tried to make things better after Chuck's death.
Those scenes are annoying as hell, and honestly pulls me out of the show lol he is blatantly just bullying him and I don't see how his hate is justifiable. Jimmy already knows that it was Chuck who was making Howard do all that.
Please tell me someone here agrees with me?

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
well then jimmy is a fucking asshole and learn to move the fuck on. Howard numerously have tried to make things better after Chuck's death.
Those scenes are annoying as hell, and honestly pulls me out of the show lol he is blatantly just bullying him and I don't see how his hate is justifiable. Jimmy already knows that it was Chuck who was making Howard do all that.
Please tell me someone here agrees with me?
The days where Jimmy was making even a cursory effort to be good and fair are looooooooong gone. He was making that effort to a good extent in season one, maybe up to season 3, but he's become a soft misanthrope where the only person that actually matters to him (at all) is Kim, and as we've seen this episode, he's not above subverting her trust and autonomy if he feels it's to her benefit, even if she has expressed that she doesn't want it.

This episode is a good study of what Jimmy actually views as a good deed. He just saw that Kim wanted X, but had problems with Y, and went out of his way to get X while solving the problem of Y, but what Kim actually decided for herself and how she wanted to handle the situation was immaterial to him. It's his go-to defense whenever someone he cares about tries to call him out on how he subverts their will - It happened with Chuck, it happened with Cliff Main and when people are upset with him despite him getting what they want, he literally doesn't understand whats going on. And when Kim threatened to end the relationship, his immediate instinct was to lie, even when he knows it's bullshit. Because authenticity doesn't matter to him - results do.

That's Jimmy when he's trying to be nice. When he's trying to be mean, you think he's gonna care about being fair? Jimmy doesn't care that Howard doesn't deserve it. He doesn't believe in 'deserve', it's not a part of his vocabulary. Jimmy wants it. That's enough. To Jimmy, the world is an amoral mess and it's all about what you want and what you can do to get it. Jimmy doesn't like Howard and he feels slighted by the fact that Howard made him the offer for HHM - That's literally all the justification Jimmy needs.

Last edited:

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Christ almighty that ending. That is definitely not how I expected her rant to end.

God damn she really does love him. I mean, even in spite of this potentially being some way to not have to testify against each other, the fact she is still willing to stick with him through all of this shit at all in any capacity shows she is self aware and it's fully on her in her decision to go all in.

Also, per the Howard stuff it does bother me a bit because it's just blatantly evil and I expect it to come to a head even as soon as next episode but we have to realize that Jimmy has already broken bad and is become Saul Goodman. You guys need to rewatch that show and remember how much of an asshole Saul Goodman is.