• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
Is this the best season yet? I think it is. Giancarlo Esposito might even top his performance in the original show if this goes on.
I never want to hear shit about how prequels can´t be good. Especially due to The Godfather II (the prequel stuff is all from the OG book though).

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
I'm guessing everybody's minds are too consumed with the virus to be wanting to talk about this tonight

The Artisan

Oct 27, 2017
Why does she think this bitter old man is worth this double crossing

He may be innocent but that doesn't mean his ego should need help being stroked, he acted entitled as fuck

-Pyromaniac-

Oct 25, 2017
Max was Gus bff that was murdered right.

im pretty sure by the end of that scheme Kim will com to a similar conclusion that it wasn't worth it. Or she in deeep.

Oct 27, 2017
Jimmy this whole ep
source.gif

MetalGearZed

Oct 30, 2017
This may have my favorite episode of the season yet. The scene where Kim and Jimmy reenact the meeting was gold haha. but things are definitely getting scary for her :(

MetalGearZed

Oct 30, 2017
Kim loves Slippin' with Jimmy
She did actually care about the old man losing his house at the beginning but at this point I think she's just using him to justify all this scheming. That way she can still rationalize it as "using their powers for good", as she put it.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
It's really odd to see people confused about why Jimmy acts the way he does with Howard.

Hating Howard isn't a rational decision he made with complete information and a clear head. Hating Howard has been a lifestyle choice Jimmy lived with for years, possibly decades, before being thrown a curveball with Chuck being partially responsible, but Howard still going along with his decisions and willingly acting as his tool. It's not 100% clear what the timeline is, but he could have hated Howard as far back as when he first got rejected from being an associate back in the mailroom. That's a great deal of emotional inertia, and it's not even the first time we've seen it. You know how Jimmy spent decades loving and idolizing Chuck, but even though Chuck showed his true colors to Jimmy back in Season 1, it took until season 3 for him to actually hate Chuck and even at the end he still had a measure of affection for Chuck before Chuck toasted himself extra crispy? So, imagine the inverse of that for Howard. He's have to save Kim's life or something for Jimmy to do that kind of emotional turn around.

He also hates Howard from an abstract point of view. As in, he hates everything Howard represents, which is partially due to that he (and Chuck) were everything Jimmy wanted to be for a good portion of his life - Respected, Rich, classy, and legitimate. Remember that scene just from last season where he gives Kristy Esposito the talk about how they'll never accept her, only to go break down in his car because he was actually talking about how they'll never accept him. If you ask me, what bothers Jimmy about Howard offering a job at HHM isn't just what happened in the past, but the fact that Jimmy has struggled for so long, torn between his con-man instincts and his lawyerly aspirations, and it's only recently that he synthesized them - As Saul Goodman, he self-actualized by combining those two aspects in a way that is actually balanced. So I think what hurts Jimmy is that Howard offering this job hurts the self actualization, giving him a twinge of doubt and anxiety. Hey, you finally accepted yourself and worked out a way you can be who you are....but suddenly, there is that carrot on a stick dream of being an HHM employee, finally up for grabs. Admittedly, that might be me reading into it, but it seems more fitting that after his hopes for that finally died, he finds it upsetting to think that he might have to reinvent himself again if he decides that part of him still wants to be at HHM after all.

Lastly, because I think people keep forgetting this fact, Jimmy is an asshole. He's not an asshole to the ever shrinking list of people he likes and hangs out with, but if he was someone who regarded treating others fairly as a priority, he'd be a really shitty grifter. If you were to sit him down and try to argue that Howard's being genuine in his affection and good will towards him, Jimmy wouldn't be able to give good reasons for why he should hate Howard this much, but he wouldn't change because hating Howard is simply easier and more beneficial for his mental wellbeing. He doesn't care that Howard may not deserve it. Hating Howard is the simpler, easier emotional journey for him and that's all that matters to him. Howard and fairness can go fuck him-and-itself.

Last edited:

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
KIM. STOP IT. JUST STOP. PLEASE.

God that last scene with her stressed me the fuck out. Hell, even during the reenactment scene I was stressed somehow her boss would walk in even though it was unlikely.

I will never forgive Jimmy for what he has done to her. Of course she has her own agency and is the one who chooses to go down this path whilst also choosing to indulge Jimmy. However, Jimmy knows EXACTLY what he's doing and it will ruin her. He's an asshole.

It's really odd to see people confused about why Jimmy acts the way he does with Howard.

Hating Howard isn't a rational decision he made with complete information and a clear head. Hating Howard has been a lifestyle choice Jimmy lived with for years, possibly decades, before being thrown a curveball with Chuck being partially responsible, but Howard still going along with his decisions and willingly acting as his tool. It's not 100% clear what the timeline is, but he could have hated Howard as far back as when he first got rejected from being an associate back in the mailroom. That's a great deal of emotional inertia, and it's not even the first time we've seen it. You know how Jimmy spent decades loving and idolizing Chuck, but even though Chuck showed his true colors to Jimmy back in Season 1, it took until season 3 for him to actually hate Chuck and even at the end he still had a measure of affection for Chuck before Chuck toasted himself extra crispy? So, imagine the inverse of that for Howard. He's have to save Kim's life or something for Jimmy to do that kind of emotional turn around.

He also hates Howard from an abstract point of view. As in, he hates everything Howard represents, which is partially due to that he (and Chuck) were everything Jimmy wanted to be for a good portion of his life - Respected, Rich, classy, and legitimate. Remember that scene just from last season where he gives Kristy Esposito the talk about how they'll never accept her, only to go break down in his car because he was actually talking about how they'll never accept him. If you ask me, what bothers Jimmy about Howard offering a job at HHM isn't just what happened in the past, but the fact that Jimmy has struggled for so long, torn between his con-man instincts and his lawyerly aspirations, and it's only recently that he synthesized them - As Saul Goodman, he self-actualized by combining those two aspects in a way that is actually balanced. So I think what hurts Jimmy is that Howard offering this job hurts the self actualization, giving him a twinge of doubt and anxiety. Hey, you finally accepted yourself and worked out a way you can be who you are....but suddenly, there is that carrot on a stick dream of being an HHM employee, finally up for grabs. Admittedly, that might be me reading into it, but it seems more fitting that after his hopes for that finally died, he finds it upsetting to think that he might have to reinvent himself again if he decides that part of him still wants to be at HHM after all.

Lastly, because I think people keep forgetting this fact, Jimmy is an asshole. He's not an asshole to the ever shrinking list of people he likes and hangs out with, but if he was someone who regarded treating others fairly as a priority, he'd be a really shitty grifter. If you were to sit him down and try to argue that Howard's being genuine in his affection and good will towards him, Jimmy wouldn't be able to give good reasons for why he should hate Howard this much, but he wouldn't change because hating Howard is simply easier and more beneficial for his mental wellbeing. He doesn't care that Howard may not deserve it. Hating Howard is the simpler, easier emotional journey for him and that's all that matters to him. Howard and fairness can go fuck him-and-itself.

Veelk, this is beautiful and is exactly how I read the situation but you chose the perfect words to explain it. Bravo.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
Great episode! I wonder what significance Kim saw in Mesa Verde dude's horse sculptures in the photos?
My best guess is a frivolous copyright. She saw the horse in the picture that Mesa Verde obviously took to be their logo. If it's a photo that belongs to someone, Kim might contact them and incentivise them to take MV to court over it.

But I've never been good at predicting this show, so who knows.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Yeah, I was curious as well as to what Kim saw in the picture from Mr. X.

Jimmy tried to give her an out, Rich did as well, but Kim continues to walk down this road.

Both her and Mike were stubborn this episode.

Favorite scene was Kim doing the Kevin impression.

bye

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Def the best ep so far. Great stuff. loved the ending. really think this has been an improvement over last season so far

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
That last scene with Gus and Mike was awesome. It's crazy how Giancarlo can seem really intimidating in one scene, and incredibly likable and friendly in the next.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Damn this show is incredibly good. I'm completely engrossed by every episode and it's all because the characters. Even though we all know where Mike and Gus end up, the bond they're about to form is tangible and exciting to see strengthen. So. Damn. Good.
Kim though..... This self destruction is going to be so sad to see.
And Saul himself, amazing to see all his ridiculous shenanigans.

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
Acker and Jimmy looking at the stars 😆

Damn Jimmy being the sound of reason, but Kim kept pushing. This powder keg is about to blow

Really great cliffhanger scene

DoubleYou

Oct 26, 2017
What a great episode.
And what a great set up for the second half of the season. Its giving me that BB season 4/5 itch. Tension is slowly building, and I'm loving every second of it.

Big G

Oct 27, 2017
All of the scenes with Jimmy, the foreman and the deputy were hysterical.

Things are about to go south for Kim in a hurry...

Sacrilicious

Oct 30, 2017
My best guess is a frivolous copyright. She saw the horse in the picture that Mesa Verde obviously took to be their logo. If it's a photo that belongs to someone, Kim might contact them and incentivise them to take MV to court over it.

But I've never been good at predicting this show, so who knows.

It's a pretty safe bet, especially with how they highlighted the horse rider specifically at Mesa Verde. It's hard to imagine any other reason that isn't deliberately misleading. That's certainly possible but usually they go with lack of context (like the bowling ball) instead of intentional red herrings.

I really liked this episode, it did a great job with characterization and laid down a lot of groundwork for the rest of the season. Kim's choices in the two episodes have had me at the edge of my seat, I can't wait to see where all this is going but I'm also kind of dreading it.

Damn Jimmy being the sound of reason, but Kim kept pushing. This powder keg is about to blow

I kind of got a different vibe from Jimmy, it reminded me of how he baits his clients. He presents a "bad" idea against an alternative that he knows Kim won't like (total surrender) and pushes back meekly so that she clearly states that it's her decision.

He has complete plausible deniability but I don't think he wanted it to end any differently.

Last edited:

The Artisan

Oct 27, 2017

So there are layers to the kind of scumbag Jimmy is, and Howard will always be on his shitlist because of his dogmatism

Apr 19, 2018
It took me a hot minute to realize that was John DiMaggio as the foreman.

Marcus Fenix himself getting punked by Saul. xD

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Mike has been a boring character to me for a few seasons now. He worked better when he was a background character in BB.

Nov 9, 2017
The way Kim mocked Kevin wanting more statues makes me think she is going to try and force Kevin to remove all those horse statues using copyright law