• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
He bought those bowling balls prior to the lunch with Howard.
I don't think so. He was directly with the two hooligans prior to the lunch. You can tell by the tie and the rest of his get up. The pawnshop was a timeskip just by looking at his tie.

Edit* Just confirmed. The tie he's wearing at the end is the one from the beginning.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Someone earlier said he may have needed an alibi, but I'm not sure why. I think he was just stressed out over the situation with the DEA and bullying his staff in a very Gus way.

That was me, I kinda take it back. I agree with Birbo and RedMercury that he was in a situation where because of Lalo he has lost men and almost 1 million bucks out of his control and he's pissed. Next episode he's def going after Lalo, he's tired of being reactive.

Bad Advice

Jan 8, 2019
Looking forward to the episode where Kim berates Jim for being a pathetic clown lawyer who had to give himself a pathetic clown name. They must show that exchange, they can't just glance over such a major step downward in his career.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
Looking forward to the episode where Kim berates Jim for being a pathetic clown lawyer who had to give himself a pathetic clown name. They must show that exchange, they can't just glance over such a major step downward in his career.
Based off of season 4's finale I thought the crack in their relationship would begin, but they're still going strong.

____

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, FL
Maybe just in case the guy got caught and ratted him out or it got tied back to him in some way. He couldn't be sure the DEA wouldn't catch the guy with the money.
True, could be that.
If alibi was his consideration why wouldn't he just ask his employee to stay? Also, he's not even on the police's radar at this point.
I really don't get it and don't think alibi is the reason, but I'm also not smart enough to speculate on this lol.
After that kid worked his ass off the second time, I fully expected him to start rolling up his sleeves again just to fuck with him, lol.
I promise you I was waiting for him to start rolling up his sleeves again lmao.

This illustrates my point perfectly. He's absolutely furious about losing all that money. Lyle is lucky he works for Gus and not any of the other bad guys in this show.
Really? I somehow feel that with the "everything went as planned" line from Victor, that Gus wasn't really pissed and that he set this plan in motion. I'll re-watch again tonight to see how I feel again.
I think Howard was genuine. The thing about him is that he basically seem to generally be genuine to the people he likes in some way. Maybe some part of it was Howard trying to assuage his own guilt or whatever, but who cares, it's not like he's doing a bad thing by trying to make amends. And I doubt that Jimmy has such a bad read on him that he isn't aware of that. Howard isn't going to get at Jimmy out of spite. So, imo, Jimmy just did it because the idea of him working at HHM after everything is just such an insult to him that he feels the need to retaliate that hard.
I agree with this. I think Howard was being serious and wouldn't use any extra effort toward slighting Jimmy.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
Really? I somehow feel that with the "everything went as planned" line, he wasn't really pissed -- that he set this plan in motion. I'll re-watch again tonight to see how I feel again.
The plan was a success because Gus's guy avoided arrest, the DEA got their money, Lalo still trusts Nacho and Gus's long-term plans aren't ruined. It's still a situation he would rather have avoided.

____

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, FL
The plan was a success because Gus's guy avoided arrest, the DEA got their money, Lalo still trusts Nacho and Gus's long-term plans aren't ruined. It's still a situation he would rather have avoided.
Okay, that's the part I'll need to re-watch because I didn't get that from it at all. From what i remember (I was tired and watched the digital version on AMC.com in the wee hours of the morning), I heard:

Victor: It's done, x y z.
Gus: And the money?
Victor: They got it - everything went as planned.
Gus: *breaks phone*

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
Okay, that's the part I'll need to re-watch because I didn't get that from it at all. From what i remember (I was tired and watched the digital version on AMC.com in the wee hours of the morning), I heard:

Victor: It's done, x y z.
Gus: And the money?
Victor: They got it - everything went as planned.
Gus: *breaks phone*
You heard exactly right. The plan was to mitigate the damage done by Lalo, and the plan succeeded. If an asteroid was about to hit your house and you diverted it with a missile so it only crushed your garage, you could say "we did it - everything went as planned". But you'd rather have avoided the whole situation.

____

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, FL
You heard exactly right. The plan was to mitigate the damage done by Lalo, and the plan succeeded. If an asteroid was about to hit your house and you diverted it with a missile so it only crushed your garage, you could say "we did it - everything went as planned". But you'd rather have avoided the whole situation.
I agree with the premise, I guess I just can't wrap my head around his reaction. It seems (to me) that if he had already known the money would be lost, he should be pleased that further damage was mitigated (or at the very least not furious at something he anticipated/planned for) but again I think I'm just not seeing the full picture. I sometimes have a hard time following plot-lines without a recent refresher (even from week to week) so apologies if I come across as dense lol.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
I agree with the premise, I guess I just can't wrap my head around his reaction. It seems (to me) that if he had already known the money would be lost, he should be pleased that further damage was mitigated (or at the very least not furious at something he anticipated/planned for) but again I think I'm just not seeing the full picture. I sometimes have a hard time following plot-lines without a recent refresher (even from week to week) so apologies if I come across as dense lol.
Don't let his otherwise stoic demeanor fool you. Gus is a major Drama Llama.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
I get where you're coming from, and you're not being dense. Gus may be relieved that Nacho's cover wasn't blown, and maybe a big sigh and a smile would have been what you'd have expected. But this is Gus Fring. He's incredibly prideful and has complete control over his business. We saw in Breaking Bad how far he's prepared to go to protect his bottom line. Lalo just inflicted a massive wound to his operation. Lalo Salamanca.

____

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, FL
I get where you're coming from, and you're not being dense. Gus may be relieved that Nacho's cover wasn't blown, and maybe a big sigh and a smile would have been what you'd have expected. But this is Gus Fring. He's incredibly prideful and has complete control over his business. We saw in Breaking Bad how far he's prepared to go to protect his bottom line. Lalo just inflicted a massive wound to his operation. Lalo Salamanca.
Okay, this frames it in a simpler way and what's important is that I had completely forgotten just how much he hates the Salamancas.

Don't let his otherwise stoic demeanor fool you. Gus is a major Drama Llama.
Ha! This is definitely true also. I'll be damned if his non-verbal communication doesn't speak volumes, even in what you'd imagine to be the lightest of situations.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't expect to see Gomez and Hank a second time.

Kim being kinda dumb. I expect this to blow up in her face.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
Didn't expect to see Gomez and Hank a second time.

Kim being kinda dumb. I expect this to blow up in her face.
I think that was the last time we will see them two this season, but I could be wrong.

I heard that the Acker guy is a famous actor so you know he'll be an important character this season, but I didn't want this whole season to now revolve around Kim making a behind the scenes edition to go against her client that will eventually turn out to be a bad idea. After all, she did blow up in his face with a strong foot the first time she met him. She made her point, I wish she would have let it go. Even though she is taking a stand against the law for what seems to be morally correct.

bye

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
never thought about it that way - but Kim and jimmy both like breaking the law/rules, while Kim does it for moral good, jimmy does it for personal gain

Birbo

Oct 25, 2017

I dunno. Personally I'm not looking forward to whatever finally comes between them and more so if something horrible happens to Kim.

Now Gus extracting his revenge on Lalo? That I can't wait for.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
What the hell was Howard's angle there? I really felt that maybe Kim had put him up to it, and was expecting a scene toward the end of the episode showing so, but it never came.

Did he just want Jimmy's name to maintain the M in HHM, or what am I missing?
I took it more as just the show doing the "Eliot offers Walt a job" thing again.

Dangerblade

Oct 25, 2017
Saul not giving a shit about his client potentially robbing his grandmother just so he gets paid was...cold

menacer

Dec 15, 2018
Ok. Maybe I am forgetting things, but why did Jimmy do that to Howard? I thought they were on ok-ish terms at the end of last season.

I think it was him saying they made the mistake by not hiring him in the first place and now all of a sudden he gives a crap now that he see's Jimmy doing fine on his own and without the need to follow in the footsteps of the firm his brother built. Howard was never always the bad guy but Chuck pretty much turned him against Jimmy.

DarthSontin

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
Anyone know why Gennifer Hutchison is no longer working on the show? She's been with the team in some capacity since the beginning of Breaking Bad.

I wonder if she and Vince are working on something together since he isn't involved much this year either.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Howard's not necessarily a bad guy, he's just a douche. Like he's genuinely trying to be a better person, but he consistently misreads how he comes off to people because he's been so priveleged his entire adult life.

Of course, Jimmy is the one mostly in the wrong for being a petty asshole, but then again he's not Jimmy now. He's leaning into becoming Saul.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Howard's not necessarily a bad guy, he's just a douche. Like he's genuinely trying to be a better person, but he consistently misreads how he comes off to people because he's been so priveleged his entire adult life.

Of course, Jimmy is the one mostly in the wrong for being a petty asshole, but then again he's not Jimmy now. He's leaning into becoming Saul.
What? Howard's a legitimately good person and Jimmy is a piece of shit compared to him.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Of course Kim would sleep up the broken beer bottle glass.

I hope Gus throws something extra in Lyle's check for all that scrubbing on the deep fryer.

The show continues to do process better than any other.

____

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, FL
Hollywood way of cutting network communication/evidence/tracking.

It's lazy but it's a classic trope.
Oh I know, I've seen it a bunch over the years and assumed it was to 'get rid of the burner/evidence' as you suggested. I only mentioned it in terms of sequence of events/flow of convo to understand why folks here were saying he was pissed even though everything went "as planned".