• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I finally watched El Camino since I resubbed Netflix so I could watch Saul here. It's not quite what I expected, what little "action" there is seems like an afterthought, and it feels more like a two episode post-script rather than a feature film; but it was a pretty nice sendoff for Jesse.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
I finally watched El Camino since I resubbed Netflix so I could watch Saul here. It's not quite what I expected, what little "action" there is seems like an afterthought, and it feels more like a two episode post-script rather than a feature film; but it was a pretty nice sendoff for Jesse.
yeah I remember it was so hyped up before it was released like it'd be a Disney+ killer or something mindblowing but all it ends up being is an epilogue story

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017

I fell asleep after 45 minutes to be honest.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This TV Show is amazing!

I was smiling from ear to ear when Hank showed up and Saul went full on, then we get saying "seriously? Saul Good man, that's the name you're going for?"

loved it.

OléGunner

Oct 25, 2017
Airborne Aquarium
This show is just the best thing on TV no contest.
That silent ending scene with Kim and Jimmy throwing beer bottles after their respective crippling ''work'' days was just masterful and heart breaking.

I also yelped with excitement when Hank and Gomey came on scene.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Finally got round to this weeks episode and it was so good. Didn't expect Hank and Gomez to be back so I was real excited when I saw that. All the different plots were fantastic which doesn't always happen and ending with that great silent bottle throwing scene.

Wish they wouldn't keep using the exact same sound effect for car doors opening. They used the same one like three times in that episode.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I missed last week's episode but found out there was an AMC app in my Xbox where I can watch the episode I missed a day later. Only like one commercial that is 15-30 seconds during commercial breaks and the show is right back on.

Might just continue watching it that way. I binged BCS on Netflix so having to put up with AMC's flood of commercials again puts me off.

lazybones18

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kim last episode giving me a roller coaster of emotions. Laying the verbal smackdown on that homeowner only to fuck it up all with that BS story about her childhood. Giving me a headache and rolling my eyes at the same time!

Apr 19, 2018
Sigh, never fails. Sunday evenings right around this time is when I wish BCS has tonight's time slot rather than Mondays. =\

JoelStinty

Aug 15, 2019
I don't think she was making that up...

I don't know, I thought she was. The first bit sounded believable, but when she tailed off about blue toes and that her story fell apart and the Home owner saw right through her. It may be something that in trying to embellish a true story it fell apart too.

For me it makes sense as well, because she losing her morality against Jame's/Saul grandiose bullshitting/storytelling. Which links into the previous episode when she does the same to the pro-bono case and lies to get her clients to sign the deal on Saul's suggestion..

Which then draws a parallel to Breaking Bad, in that both Saul and Walter are on a descent into revealing their true characters. Whereas, Walter knew 100% what he wanted to do, Saul is half unaware/half aware of what he is doing, but for all intents and purposes, its the same story; its really interesting seeing how his actions changes the world around him, which is mainly Kim.

Weirdly enough, I read a post on another forum this morning where a guy was chastising Kim character for holding Saul back; which is Skylar all over again.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Cornballer

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
New episode tonight:
Namaste

As Jimmy doubles down on "Saul Goodman," a deeply conflicted Kim brings him an interesting proposition. Gus makes a sacrifice in order to play the long game. Mike attempts to smooth things over with his family.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know, I thought she was. The first bit sounded believable, but when she tailed off about blue toes and that her story fell apart and the Home owner saw right through her. It may be something that in trying to embellish a true story it fell apart too.

For me it makes sense as well, because she losing her morality against Jame's/Saul grandiose bullshitting/storytelling. Which links into the previous episode when she does the same to the pro-bono case and lies to get her clients to sign the deal on Saul's suggestion..

Which then draws a parallel to Breaking Bad, in that both Saul and Walter are on a descent into revealing their true characters. Whereas, Walter knew 100% what he wanted to do, Saul is half unaware/half aware of what he is doing, but for all intents and purposes, its the same story; its really interesting seeing how his actions changes the world around him, which is mainly Kim.

Weirdly enough, I read a post on another forum this morning where a guy was chastising Kim character for holding Saul back; which is Skylar all over again.

I like that interpretation and it's entirely valid. In the BTS, Rhea Seahorn and the producers said it was real and a revealing part of her history, but I think they'd agree if that was your interpretation it'd still be completely on track with the direction Kims character is going.

Nov 9, 2017
Kim was being sincere, but did add the "blue toes" embellishment after she found out her attempts were going nowhere. After failing her mission, I think now she is fully committed to enlisting Jimmy to help oust this guy using unscrupulous means. She will probably get caught this time and tarnish her reputation IMO.

JoelStinty

Aug 15, 2019
I like that interpretation and it's entirely valid. In the BTS, Rhea Seahorn and the producers said it was real and a revealing part of her history, but I think they'd agree if that was your interpretation it'd still be completely on track with the direction Kims character is going.

ahh cool. Didn't realise there was an accompanying thing to go with the show. That's quite interesting.

I do have full anxiety on what's going to happen to her. Show is messing with me. I fully expected to see her find the house owner dead.

Nov 1, 2017
I think the most impressive thing about Kim is that, in a show with dozens of flashy big characters, she's the show's "normal person"/moral compass character and somehow manages to be the most compelling out of all of them except for maybe Jimmy.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Where the hell is everyone? :(

Loved this episode. At first I was wondering why Gus was keeping his worker there, but I'm pretty sure it's now for an alibi.
Also enjoy that we're consistently getting Hank and Gomie and it wasn't just a one-off.
And when I watched the preview where Mike got beat up, I didn't expect, though I should have, that he did it on his own accord to punish and possibly kill himself. I have absolutely no idea where he is now though.

Jimmy being Acker's lawyer is fucking ace lmao

CrankyJay

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Where the hell is everyone? :(

Loved this episode. At first I was wondering why Gus was keeping his worker there, but I'm pretty sure it's now for an alibi.
Also enjoy that we're consistently getting Hank and Gomie and it wasn't just a one-off.
And when I watched the preview where Mike got beat up, I didn't expect, though I should have, that he did it on his own accord to punish and possibly kill himself. I have absolutely no idea where he is now though.

Jimmy being Acker's lawyer is fucking ace lmao

interesting about the alibi, I didn't think about that, but I got the sense that he was just tense and agitated and taking it out on that worker.

The Artisan

Oct 27, 2017
"my friends still call me jimmy, and you can too."

so howard is not hsi friend.

Oct 27, 2017
Kim was being sincere, but did add the "blue toes" embellishment after she found out her attempts were going nowhere. After failing her mission, I think now she is fully committed to enlisting Jimmy to help oust this guy using unscrupulous means. She will probably get caught this time and tarnish her reputation IMO.

Interesting. I read it slightly differently. I think after seeing Jimmy's ingenuity and skill set in the courtroom and overhearing Mesa Verde's imminent plan to force out the tenant, she's hoping Jimmy can stall Mesa enough to consider her alternative plan. Effectively using slimy means to do the right thing.
However, I think this will backfire on her. Mesa Verde's owner already alludes to it in the preview when he says he can see a scam. I think he knows Jimmy's Schtick and suspects something's up. Like you said, I think this will be her downfall.

The Artisan

Oct 27, 2017
wow, this thread doesn't really take off like other threads did

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Excellent episode.
"You didn't recognize him either, your honor."

Lmao with his set up I knew what was coming and still laughed hard when the real defendant stood up

Interesting. I read it slightly differently. I think after seeing Jimmy's ingenuity and skill set in the courtroom and overhearing Mesa Verde's imminent plan to force out the tenant, she's hoping Jimmy can stall Mesa enough to consider her alternative plan. Effectively using slimy means to do the right thing.
However, I think this will backfire on her. Mesa Verde's owner already alludes to it in the preview when he says he can see a scam. I think he knows Jimmy's Schtick and suspects something's up. Like you said, I think this will be her downfall.

Yeah I had the same thought. It doesn't take much digging to see that Kim and Saul are in cahoots if Mesa Verde digs deep enough. She's gonna lose Mesa Verde a move away is my prediction.

Oct 29, 2017
Man I feel bad for Howard, if there is one lesson he has failed to learn is that things only turn for the worse as long as he involves himself with anything Jimmy related.

OP
OP
Cornballer

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017