• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
I'm interested to see if we really will see Saul have lunch with Howard.

BoJack

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
Kim part remindes me of BoJack S01E07. Fucking loved that old man and his dialogues.

Fantastic episode. This show is something special.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I thought there was no way they could get the movements they did without filming a real ant, but I didn't think them all covering the ice cream like that was all real too. Wow.

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
I thought for sure that the old man would have killed himself by the time Kim went back, and that would start her downward spiral, but in hindsight I'm glad it didn't happen because it would have been too cliched.

I don't think she will die though, I'm guessing she is gonna do something to lose her license, while also getting constantly disgusted by Jimmy's change, so she will just leave everything behind. Or at least I hope so. It would also be a nice twist if it turned out that Kim never left, and she was still together with Jimmy in BB, we just never saw anything about their personal life.

When he didn't answer the door at first I thought he'd hung himself or had a heart attack. I guess he was too stubborn for that.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Every time I watch an episode of BCS I'm just in awe of the masterful cinematography - it's consistently gorgeous and way better than pretty much everything else on TV.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Every time I watch an episode of BCS I'm just in awe of the masterful cinematography - it's consistently gorgeous and way better than pretty much everything else on TV.
It's always so impressive. The show feels like it's on a different level than 99% of the rest. Someday I want to look into how they achieve that exceptional cinematography.

Oct 27, 2017
Thats nearly every character they've had. You just have to ignore it, but sometimes it's way more apparent than others. When Tyrus first reappeared he had put on a lot of weight, but that looks like it changed.

Krazy 8 weirdly looks mostly the same, though obviously a bit older if you compare to BB season 1.

Kim part remindes me of BoJack S01E07. Fucking loved that old man and his dialogues.

Fantastic episode. This show is something special.
Barry Corbin is great at dialogues.

his scene in No Country for Old Men is one of my all time favorites in cinema history.

Vipershark

Oct 28, 2017
I had a thought earlier.
Saul hasn't met the Extractor in the past yet, right?

What if the reason Nacho isn't in BB is because things get too hot, so he goes to Saul for help, leading to the first meeting with the Extractor?
Unfortunately they can't have a scene with him, but they can re-use old voice clips or show Saul pull out a business card followed by a cut to a burgundy Previa with tinted windows pulling up to an isolated location and Nacho getting in.

Edit- another thought: Gus successfully kills Lalo in secret but Nacho finds out, then Nacho realizes that with Lalo out of the picture Gus no longer needs him and that he's become disposable, so he Extracts
Explains the lack of both Lalo and Nacho in BB

Last edited:

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I remember being a bit worried about this show when Tuco showed up 'cus it felt like they were just gonna be dropping Breaking Bad characters left and right. Five seasons later and we're barely seeing Hank and it feels completely and utterly natural that he'd be there, just like when they introduced Gus.

Grunty

Oct 28, 2017
Gruntilda’s Lair
I had a thought earlier.

What if the reason Nacho isn't in BB is because things get too hot, so he goes to Saul for help, leading to the first meeting with the Extractor?
Unfortunately they can't have a scene with him, but they can re-use old voice clips or show Saul pull out a business card followed by a cut to a burgundy Previa with tinted windows pulling up to an isolated location and Nacho getting in.

Edit- another thought: Gus successfully kills Lalo in secret but Nacho finds out, then Nacho realizes that with Lalo out of the picture Gus no longer needs him and that he's become disposable, so he Extracts

I'm sure Nacho is still alive in Breaking Bad and Saul is still having business with him off camera. He mentions an Ignacio when Walt and Pinkman kidnap him and take him to the desert.

EDIT: Also, the old man reminded me a lot of the one in Seinfeld who is being used for his records by Kramer and Newman.

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
I remember being a bit worried about this show when Tuco showed up 'cus it felt like they were just gonna be dropping Breaking Bad characters left and right. Five seasons later and we're barely seeing Hank and it feels completely and utterly natural that he'd be there, just like when they introduced Gus.
Eh I wish I felt that way but it feels totally unnecessary to me, showing Hank and Gomey again didn't really add a single thing to those characters, it's very much a "Hey guys, remember theeeese guys" with no greater contribution or substance to their stories beyond just that. Maybe I'm off base and Hank and Gomey aren't done appearing in the show just yet but the majority of BCS's BB "remember me?" cameos just come across as forced to me. Like Gale, or the weapons dealer, or the guy who's car got blown up by Walt that showed up in BCS for some reason.

It makes the universe feel so tiny, and I think BCS is good enough on it's own to keep leaning on Breaking Bad fanservice.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Werner talked about Sydney Opera House. His dad worked on it or something?
But iirc it wasn't that card the barkeep took down, it was a black & white pic I think.

Anyway, fantastic episode. It's going to be so rewarding to rewatch this entire run before the final season. Question though: do we know if Nacho really tried to buy his dad's retirement, or did he have nothing to do with it? Maybe it was mentioned in s4 and I forgot.

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah all the characters look way older but you get used to it with the regulars like Mike and Jimmy and suspend your disbelief. It just hits a lot harder when a character like Hank or Gomez suddenly reappears and you realize that time has, in fact, passed. Probably the least noticeable with Gus for me.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
I had a thought earlier.

Wouldn't Saul know if Lalo is dead? He asked if Lalo sent Walt and Jesse when he gets kidnapped

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
The scene with Kim going to the guy's house was great; the built up expectation that she'd find him dead, and then he's there.

And I think the whole thing is quite telling of what is going to happen to Kim; she was actually being earnest with him about her upbringing, really does want to help the guy.. has no reason to help him as she isn't really getting anything out of it.

Then he basically accuses her of being Jimmy-like. "You'll say anything to get what you want."

Kim is going to be the one whose downfall happens, while Jimmy basically gets away with everything.

Sectorseven

Oct 25, 2017
Are we expecting Hank and Gomez to be recurring characters this season, or was that just a one off cameo type thing?

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Was funny seeing Hank and Gomez, perfect bit of fan service.

How much longer can Lalo and Nacho last tho

Nov 9, 2017
The scene with Kim going to the guy's house was great; the built up expectation that she'd find him dead, and then he's there.

And I think the whole thing is quite telling of what is going to happen to Kim; she was actually being earnest with him about her upbringing, really does want to help the guy.. has no reason to help him as she isn't really getting anything out of it.

Then he basically accuses her of being Jimmy-like. "You'll say anything to get what you want."

Kim is going to be the one whose downfall happens, while Jimmy basically gets away with everything.

I don't think she was being earnest with him at all. She made that bit up about the blue toes, it was almost like Jimmy was talking. The reason she was so sullen at the end was because this guy actually has her number. I predict she will try to full on try to "Jimmy" him out of his home and that will end up being her downfall as she will finally be caught acting without morals.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
That ant knew it was being filmed and took full advantage of looking as good as it did in that shot. A masterful actor.

OP
OP
Cornballer

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
I don't think she was being earnest with him at all. She made that bit up about the blue toes, it was almost like Jimmy was talking. The reason she was so sullen at the end was because this guy actually has her number. I predict she will try to full on try to "Jimmy" him out of his home and that will end up being her downfall as she will finally be caught acting without morals.
I think it was real; in the article written recently about her impending downfall the writers said her character has a dark side from bad things she's been through.

Oct 28, 2017
Eh I wish I felt that way but it feels totally unnecessary to me, showing Hank and Gomey again didn't really add a single thing to those characters, it's very much a "Hey guys, remember theeeese guys" with no greater contribution or substance to their stories beyond just that. Maybe I'm off base and Hank and Gomey aren't done appearing in the show just yet but the majority of BCS's BB "remember me?" cameos just come across as forced to me. Like Gale, or the weapons dealer, or the guy who's car got blown up by Walt that showed up in BCS for some reason.

It makes the universe feel so tiny, and I think BCS is good enough on it's own to keep leaning on Breaking Bad fanservice.
It's very noteworthy though. It's the first time the DEA gets involved with the Salamancas.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
The function of the DEA agents in this scene isn't significant. I honestly don't see the issue. It's a bit part. The point of the DEA agents is grilling Krazy8 scene is just as a way of getting Saul involved in the Cartel business, which up until now he hasn't been, but now the writers need Jimmy to go even deeper into the dark, criminal world that has become his financial vehicle, so they create a problem that Lalo needs legal help with, in which it makes sense to finally involve the DEA since he's a Cartel member, which means they need DEA agents. And since the question of who the DEA agents are specifically doesn't seem important, why not have them be Hank and Gomey? Yeah, they could have given it to new characters, which would have been fine, but this seems equally fine.

Also, this is a minor continuity snafu, but Krazy8 actually was mentioned to be Hank's CI in Breaking Bad, so while it's not super important, Hank taking custody of Krazy8 his own is the kind of fine detail keeping this shown is known for.

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
The function of the DEA agents in this scene isn't significant. I honestly don't see the issue. It's a bit part. The point of the DEA agents is grilling Krazy8 scene is just as a way of getting Saul involved in the Cartel business, which up until now he hasn't been, but now the writers need Jimmy to go even deeper into the dark, criminal world that has become his financial vehicle, so they create a problem that Lalo needs legal help with, in which it makes sense to finally involve the DEA since he's a Cartel member, which means they need DEA agents. And since the question of who the DEA agents are specifically doesn't seem important, why not have them be Hank and Gomey? Yeah, they could have given it to new characters, which would have been fine, but this seems equally fine.

Also, this is a minor continuity snafu, but Krazy8 actually was mentioned to be Hank's CI in Breaking Bad, so while it's not super important, Hank taking custody of Krazy8 his own is the kind of fine detail keeping this shown is known for.

Why is that a continuity snafu?

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
Why is that a continuity snafu?
What I meant is that part of the purpose in getting Hank would be to avoid the continuity snafu. I don't think anyone would really care about this particular snafu if they forgot it. I assume people would think that Krazy8 just got passed around like Saul had implied he would and Hank would be the CI holder at time of his death. But, BCS is known for adhering to these kinds of small details, so they brought them in, and voila, snafu avoided.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
They should have Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul do random cameos as unrecognizable tweakers throughout the season.