• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
It's the first time I've encountered those terms and they seem incredibly dehumanizing on the surface.
Honestly, these terms have been around for decades, are used by the medical community, and are used to the benefit of trans male/non-binary/intersex people, to have more inclusive language. Because, it's not just women that do these things, and not all women do those things. Things like menopause, or infertility can prevent it in women, and that's not even talking about trans women.

And they are technically dehumanizing because they're scientific/medical terms, they're meant to be as sterile uses as possible.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Well didn't know who she was until I look her up…

Yeah I'm definitely not going to watch Hocus Pocus 2.

In fact, the original just got tainted to me.

Last edited:

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Using those terms in medical journals and laws makes sense where any ambiguity could cause issues, but using dehumanizing terms in other capacities is a recipe to offend people.
They typically aren't, at most they get used in media again to include everyone.

Because again if something affects everyone with a womb, then the term "Woman" both includes people who do not have a womb(Biologically or through surgery), and excludes people who do have one(Trans men, non-binary people, intersex people). So, "People who can give birth are affected by the decisions regarding Roe v Wade" is better than any other option.

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
Democrats.

I think one interesting argument that I've been reading online is why are only women being given new inclusive labels?

I've never heard anyone refer to men as "ejaculators", "people who ejaculate", or "people with penises".
I don't quite remember the wording, but my HRT appointments also have inclusive versions versions of "men" too when filling out health forms. TERFs just don't acknowledge it because as usual, it'll completely dismantle their argument.

JayC3

bork bork
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
The OP has been banned given the initial framing of the thread and their prior history. As a result, the thread has been locked. Feel free to create a new thread with better sources/framing.

Status
Not open for further replies.