• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017

I have to say Beto's conviction on this issue is exactly what's needed. When we have half the politicians always deflecting and spewing the same tired responses, we need a voice with the moral clarity to speak on how existentially fucked the situation is in this country when it comes to guns and mass shootings.

Bob White

Oct 27, 2017
I love Beto, but I feel if you want to drop F-bombs, you can't make it here or there. Go all in and be like "These fucking racist ass motherfuckers want to see the world burn."

NoName999

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
*clutches pearls*

He said a no no word! Such lack of civility! I'm voting Trump!

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
i remember when presidential candidates had values, pussy grabbing values

Oct 27, 2017
We're the only country with this problem yet we continue, and will continue, to do nothing. Can't help but feel if there were any other problem that was isolated to this country and was this detrimental to all of society, we'd be implementing things to curb the issue. But guns? Nah

I just don't understand how a country thats supposed to be as developed and civilized as ours will let someone walk into their local Walmart and buy an instrument that fundamentally serves no purpose other than to kill, without any kind of registration, background check or even a license of some sort that says that your equipped enough to know how to use the damn thing.

kradical

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is pretty ballsy in modern conversations.

I understand how doing something is better than doing nothing, and you have to start somewhere, but I would assume a significant majority of gun violence comes from hand guns rather than assault weapons, so just banning assualt weapons seems to come woefully short of actually seriously addressing the problem.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island

I mean fuck it, why not? He knows he isn't getting elected so might as well be blunt about it.

You will what? Turn off voters who were never going to vote for you in the first place? Who cares about them. Saying stuff like this will resonate with people that are sick of the violence and there is a lot more of them than gun owners. I'll be the first in line to return if they actually did it.

And I am a gun owner but I would be ok with this. I wouldn't feel the need to have a gun if I knew there wasn't crazies out there with them.

JaredTaco

Oct 27, 2017
I understand how doing something is better than doing nothing, and you have to start somewhere, but I would assume a significant majority of gun violence comes from hand guns rather than assault weapons, so just banning assualt weapons seems to come woefully short of actually seriously addressing the problem.

First, banning assault weapons is clearly not the only plan. That's one of many steps with universal background checks being a key pillar.

Second, the shooter in Dayton used a AR-15. The Vegas shooter had multiple assault weapons. They need to be off the market. It might be a small step as part of the overall gun problem, but it will make a difference.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
Trump curses all the time on his rallies. We dont really know because we dont watch them but I've seen clips. So I better not hear any darlings bitching about Beto's language. He is more than able to do that.

Especially when speaking about the current national issues with gun violence. "oh no he cussed! How dare he!!...oh the massive shooting that happen a week ago? Eh what's new?! Ban those violent video games already. "

Oct 27, 2017
I mean fuck it, why not? He knows he isn't getting elected so might as well be blunt about it.

You will what? Turn off voters who were never going to vote for you in the first place? Who cares about them. Saying stuff like this will resonate with people that are sick of the violence and there is a lot more of them than gun owners. I'll be the first in line to return if they actually did it.

And I am a gun owner but I would be ok with this. I wouldn't feel the need to have a gun if I knew there wasn't crazies out there with them.
But what about all the gangbangers and criminals that don't abide by the law?!!??!

kradical

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
First, banning assault weapons is clearly not the only plan. That's one of many steps with universal background checks being a key pillar.

Second, the shooter in Dayton used a AR-15. The Vegas shooter had multiple assault weapons. They need to be off the market. It might be a small step as part of the overall gun problem, but it will make a difference.

Oh sure, that's why I asked what he's proposing. Assualt weapons obviously need to be banned, but it has to go much further than that.

KingIndaNorf

Banned
Apr 11, 2019
So do nothing yay

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
Wow. The "were taking them away" response is better than the F word drop.

Think I'm going to go ahead and donate to Beto.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
i remember when presidential candidates had values, pussy grabbing values
What happened to having bold and manly candidates who were plain spoken about what men want! Brave enough to say what we're all thinking! Instead we've got this potty mouth who can't talk about anything serious without fornication on his mind.

Oh, how our standards have fallen.

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
But he has to be president! If he was half as aware or "woke" as he comes across, he's be running for senate.
I mean he is running for president right now. Let him get to the point where he needs to drop out and then he can run for Senate. This same logic could be applied to literally any candidate not in the top 3. Criticizing him for not kneecapping his own presidential race is really dumb.