• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

FusionNY

Oct 25, 2017
So they finally got em in the end. Hopefully their next game is more Prey than The Quiet Man.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Good to see the Human Head staff landing on their feet and staying in Madison, the Quiet Man wasn't the best way to go out

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Wow, they fucked them out of their biggest profile game ever, Prey 2, because they couldn't buy out the studio. Then let them sink, and hired the staff.

rabathehutch

Nov 1, 2017
Just in time for Prey 2.

Seriously though it's good that most of the staff have landed on their feet. Hopefully they get to make something great.

Harlequin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hate that their plan did work out in the end. Just took a bit longer than they would've liked.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
They eventually got them.

Good that these people have work, but Bethesda's supposed tactics working out in the end makes me feel...icky is probably the best word.

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
Wow, damn. Bethesda finally won. :/

I hope Human Head gets the budget they deserve and the workers are now financially secured though

Anyway they shouldn't make Prey 2 after Arkane's Prey exists. No point anymore, the better game is here

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Yeah count me in as someone who considers Prey 2 one of the greatest lost projects in gaming. It was stunning.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
so, 7 years later Bethesda finally got what they want it

sad it had to be done this way

OldMuffin

Nov 1, 2017
Hopefully they either get to deliver their vision for prey 2, either as prey 2 or as a new ipl the whole bounty hunter thing was a pretty cool concept and it stings when ever I think about how we never got it

Kemono

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Must be awful for the developers to make it look like everybody's happy with that situation.

You have to be thankful to the people who tried to burn down your house just so they can buy you afterwards for cheap.

Absoludacrous

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Glad the people are employed, bummed it means Bethesda won in the end after all they did to destroy the studio.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
12th November: Human Head Studios releases Rune 2 exclusively on the Epic Games Store. 13th November: Human Head Studios closes down. What do we think happened there then.

Obv not suggesting going with Epic caused the closure, but we've heard other studios say things like the "money from Epic has secured our independence for the future". Maybe the studio had a lot of debt?

Glad that employees of a studio shutting down will get to avoid unemployment, but feels like there's more to this story.

HanSoloCup

Oct 27, 2017
Richmond, VA
Legit looked like Cyberpunk x Titanfall

Yes! I saw the demo played multiple times with the player taking different routes and approaches to take out his bounty each time. It was amazing.

Hopefully they either get to deliver their vision for prey 2, either as prey 2 or as a new ipl the whole bounty hunter thing was a pretty cool concept and it stings when ever I think about how we never got it

I'll take either one. It looked like such a fun concept for a game, and the environmental aesthetic they went with was perfect. Fingers crossed.

Absoludacrous

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
12th November: Human Head Studios releases Rune 2 exclusively on the Epic Games Store. 13th November: Human Head Studios closes down. What do we think happened there then.

Obv not suggesting going with Epic caused the closure, but we've heard other studios say things like the "money from Epic has secured our independence for the future". Maybe the studio had a lot of debt?

Glad that employees of a studio shutting down will get to avoid unemployment, but feels like there's more to this story.

Possible closing was unavoidable, and they took the Epic money as a means of ensuring things like severance for their employees.

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia

Human Head has been teetering at collapse for years.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
What happened between them besides the game being cancelled?
It was cancelled when a deal fell through for Bethesda to try and acquire Human Head. They then pulled their Prey 2 project and didn't offer them any new project, gave that franchise to another team at Bethesda, and let Human Head struggle until they shut down and Bethesda scooped them up in the end.