• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
Their conferences were always boring and full of lies anyway.

Also why choose today to say this?

Camisado

Nov 3, 2017
Trying to cut down on clips that will get used in future youtube videos calling them out on their bullshit?

FlintSpace

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
April 1 News. Weird.

And I will always be mad when they will call next Elder Scroll as Skyrim 2.

Sotha_Sil

Nov 4, 2017
Disappointing, but as long as we hear about Deathloop, Ghostwire Tokyo, and Starfield, I'm good.

Oct 24, 2019
They've already given me the only game I care about from them, DOOM Eternal. So unless they're showing me a new Wolfenstein, nothing of value was lost to me.

No hype for Deathloop or Ghostwire?

Arkane makes some of the most interesting games in the industry IMO, personally I'm way more excited for Deathloop than Doom

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
To be fair, their presentations need that certain WOOOOOO to be entertaining. Wouldn't be the same if they added it digitally.

Sinatar

Oct 25, 2017
No hype for Deathloop or Ghostwire?

Arkane makes some of the most interesting games in the industry IMO, personally I'm way more excited for Deathloop than Doom

The key people from Arkane left when the company shifted to multiplayer live service games (which Deathloop is). If you were a fan of Arkane games you should be excited for Weird West, not Deathloop.

Oct 24, 2019
The key people from Arkane left when the company shifted to multiplayer live service games (which Deathloop is). If you were a fan of Arkane games you should be excited for Weird West, not Deathloop.

I can be excited for both. However, Weird West being an ARPG automatically makes me less interested in it than an imsim, regardless of what talent is attached. I'm sure it will be good, but ARGs are not my favorite genre

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Banned
May 25, 2018
Yeah damn that's kind of crazy to think about. We probably won't even hear anything on that game until next year, 10 years after Skyrim.
If they hold off just for the anniversary that would be fucking stupid but I think it was two years ago that they said it wasn't very far along anyway. I wouldn't expect to even hear much next year if they're going to give it the development time it deserves.

Xiao Hu

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
And here I was hoping for the inevitable 10th anniversary Skyrim remake trailer for next year: zero new content, but we keep on milking those titties 'til they bleed

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I'm still hopeful that we'll see something of Wolfenstein 3 and Ghostwire at some point.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
Do they even have any titles confirmed coming this year? Not expecting star field for a couple more years, elder scrolls 6 several years after that. All the new games they showed seemed like they were just starting development or not even in development yet.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
I never did.
2022 at the earliest.

At the earliest? Nah, let's not go too crazy with this now.

Never really did. 2021. No way it goes to 22 though. 6 years+ in dev is something tho. It'll be their biggest game yet, for better or worse.

That's exactly how I feel as well. No other game of BGS has been in development for that long, which hopefully means promising things.

2020 didn't sound all that likely to me neither, especially when in the interview Todd had with Ryan from IGN said he wanted the people to be very patient for both Starfield and TES VI. That to me didn't sound like a game that would release little more than a year after that statement.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i doubt they had much to show anyway, for their own specific event. probably a game or two in MS/Sony live streams.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
I was responding to someone who suggested it'd show up at a Playstation or Xbox event. I'd also consider the game to have been officially announced with the teaser trailer, which was 2 years ago. I could see them skipping announcements on this game entirely for this year, as I don't expect it to be a launch title. But, if they do want to make a big splash with this game this year, and Bethesda isn't doing their own conference, I think at the Xbox "E3" event would be the mostly likely and impactful place to do this.

Ah yes, good point. With that teaser trailer and logo they have definitely revealed and announced it. However if they were to fully reveal the game in terms of content, gameplay, story, etc like they did with Fallout 4.....i fully expect the game to be released the same year too.

But these are strange times. A gameplay glimpse at Xbox show and no word on release date is possible. I'd love to have the game this year but I don't think we will.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Makes sense adapting development to be purely working from home is probably tough on the devs as is, imagine having to make demos for a digital show too.

SeanMN

Oct 28, 2017
Ah yes, good point. With that teaser trailer and logo they have definitely revealed and announced it. However if they were to fully reveal the game in terms of content, gameplay, story, etc like they did with Fallout 4.....i fully expect the game to be released the same year too.

But these are strange times. A gameplay glimpse at Xbox show and no word on release date is possible. I'd love to have the game this year but I don't think we will.
I'm holding out hope for an Oblivion-like launch window release on next gen platforms (1H 2021). BGS has been working on the game since ~late 2015 / early 2016; by spring/summer 2021 that'll be ~5.5 years of development.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
I'm sure they'll show it again soon. Whatelse is there to show?

If Bethesda is gonna show anything at all, they can still choose from Ghostwire, ESO, the Arkane game and so on. But if anything BGS is gonna be at the Xbox show, yeah it has to be Starfield.

I'm holding out hope for an Oblivion-like launch window release on next gen platforms (1H 2021). BGS has been working on the game since ~late 2015 / early 2016; by spring/summer 2021 that'll be ~5.5 years of development.

Spring 2021 would be great, better than end of 2021, christ that's a long time from now. Some Youtubers that usually come with leaks and teases of BGS games have been very quiet for a while now but late last year there were signs of BGS gearing up for something. Whatever that is, it could all have changed because of the bad times we're in now.

Bizzquik

Chicken Chaser
Nov 5, 2017
I wonder if more companies will move out of the June digital event window, as well.

....especially if they are not going to GamesCom or fear it may be canceled, why not have your company just do your digital event in July or August when the world may have a better handle on getting company meetings arranged? Consumer pre-orders for games releasing from September through November aren't going anywhere.

Castamere

Oct 26, 2017
That's exactly how I feel as well. No other game of BGS has been in development for that long, which hopefully means promising things.

2020 didn't sound all that likely to me neither, especially when in the interview Todd had with Ryan from IGN said he wanted the people to be very patient for both Starfield and TES VI. That to me didn't sound like a game that would release little more than a year after that statement.

I agree. I don't think launching it with the systems is exactly smart either. It'll be 6 years next Fall, which is about 2 more years than Fallout 4 got, but like he said in that IGN interview they're designing a new universe with this. New races, new worlds, new monsters, new weapons, new animals, new flora, etc etc.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Do they even have any titles confirmed coming this year? Not expecting star field for a couple more years, elder scrolls 6 several years after that. All the new games they showed seemed like they were just starting development or not even in development yet.
This makes it sound like they don't have any games coming out in the next several years lol.

Deleted member 56752

Banned
May 15, 2019
You'll get it, but at the Sony or MS reveal event.
lol no dude. There is absolutely no way a man who has led his team at Bethesda (group of 10 or so @ time he joined) the game studio for like two decades plus into an era where they now own and publish games of significant nature and IP strength (DOOM, quake, wolfenstein, Dishonored, ES, fallout) will let some console manufacturer explain his game - his first new IP in 25 years - for the first time. No way on Earth.

This makes it sound like they don't have any games coming out in the next several years lol.
They might be planning on them releasing and coming out, but you cannot understate how significantly COVID impacts development of massive games like ES and Starfield - even Ghostwire and Deathloop. I was literally debating starting a thread recommending Bethesda cancel showing anything at e3 yesterday. This absolutely makes sense for them. They don't need to reach and show these games years before they come out with no significant information (or gameplay) about/on them

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
As the pandemic evolves I think more teams might start doing this, or at least scaling down their digital presentations. Even Nintendo Directs that involved, say, Iwata/Reggie/Doug Bowser/etc. need production teams to shoot together at a studio, and that just doesn't seem feasible right now. So unless everyone just puts out a sizzle reel of trailers with voiceover or Bon Appetits it by giving its presenters "E3 at home" video production kits, I don't see how you'll get digital E3 presentations.

Possum Armada

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Greenville, SC
lol no dude. There is absolutely no way a man who has led his team at Bethesda (group of 10 or so @ time he joined) the game studio for like two decades plus into an era where they now own and publish games of significant nature and IP strength (DOOM, quake, wolfenstein, Dishonored, ES, fallout) will let some console manufacturer explain his game - his first new IP in 25 years - for the first time. No way on Earth.

Bookmarked

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
From a dev perspective, since E3 is no longer happening, there is no reason to stress and push people to get things done to be presented in June. If they need more time, give them more time.

This has been both a curse and a blessing in the industry for a long time. Loads of people get to see your stuff, but you really have to work hard to get it done on time. Now with there being no physical event, people are free to schedule things "when they are ready to be shown".

Braag

Nov 7, 2017
They probably don't have anything to show yet.

Then again the pandemic has probably severely slowed down production of all games.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
Makes sense and the games I'm the most interested in hearing about are so far off they probably wouldn't have had anything to show anyways.

FallenGrace

Oct 27, 2017
I only care about Arkane's output anyway.

From a dev perspective, since E3 is no longer happening, there is no reason to stress and push people to get things done to be presented in June. If they need more time, give them more time.

This has been both a curse and a blessing in the industry for a long time. Loads of people get to see your stuff, but you really have to work hard to get it done on time. Now with there being no physical event, people are free to schedule things "when they are ready to be shown".

Which is how it should always be. I want the conference format to die to be honest. I much prefer the directs and other online reveals.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
If you told me back in 2011 after Skyrim's crazy success that it'd be 2020 with TES VI not even a glimmer in gamer's eyes I would have ridiculed you.

Absolutely insane they are letting the IP lay dormant for this long. And don't bring up re-releasing Skyrim ports and Elder Scrolls Online. It's still ridiculous.