• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bricktop

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Good, people should get what they paid for.

MrFortyFive

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm guessing it's less of a "We're doing the right thing for our customers" and more of a "Please don't sue us for false advertising". But I'm glad to hear that people that shelled out $200 for this thing will finally get what they were promised.

OP
OP
dex3108

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I really hope that they won't f this up by making bags with wrong design or something like that.

starpower

The Fallen
Jan 23, 2018
Canada
we dont plan on doing anything about it

have 500 space bucks for our ingame store

FINE you can have the item as listed, arent we great?

HellofaMouse

Oct 27, 2017
this whole thing seems like an internal miscommunication to me than bethesda trying to scam people. (they do that by releasing unfinished games)

Jun 26, 2018
In all honesty they still deserve to be sued for false advertising, because this is only going to be a replacement for those that actually contact them.

Also let's see if it's actually going to be the bag, or just some canvas bag with a Fallout 76 sticker

Dekim

Oct 28, 2017
User Warned: Hostility Towards Another User
Oh good, empowering crusading video gamers to complain about even more things in future, just so that they can say things like "We did it!".

For the record, it's a great (and necessary) gesture from Bethesda, that's not in question at all, but it's also opening up a big can of worms
Oh please. They made a mistake. They're fixing it. Why do gamers feel they need to hold a decade long grudge for the smallest thing.

I hope you are at least getting paid. At least that I can understand. Shilling for Bethesda, in this instance, for free is infinitely more pathetic.

GuitarGuruu

Oct 26, 2017
Why didnt they just do this in the first place and avoid even more fuel for the dumpster fire that is 76.

Deleted member 5864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh good, empowering crusading video gamers to complain about even more things in future, just so that they can say things like "We did it!".

For the record, it's a great (and necessary) gesture from Bethesda, that's not in question at all, but it's also opening up a big can of worms
LMAO

Customers getting what they paid for is absolutely a can of worms we should open. Keep fighting the good fight tho.

onanie

Oct 27, 2017
I am amazed. How did Bethesda manage to get a hold of such rare material as Canvas in such a short amount of time? They are really looking out for their customers.

Orbit

Banned
Nov 21, 2018
Of course they made the 'right' decision. Call me a jaded SOB - whatever - but this is pure corporate BS. If they really had any class, they would've done the right thing from the start. If someone has already purchased your product thinking they were getting the pictured bag, then you give them the bag. It doesn't matter if you 'update' the product page - no, you frickin' send an email to the people who purchased the product and inform them what is going on/see if they want a refund from the changes.The replies that were given from the beginning is truly how much Bethesda, the corporate entity - not the developer, mind you - actually values their consumers. This 180 is not something I will congratulate them on. They are doing this because they literally sat down with their lawyers and decided this is the cheaper option as opposed to the potential (and justified) lawsuits that can result from this. Yeah, I'm jaded, but just because of the shock I am still recovering from in response to their initial (true) responses to the situation.

But I am happy for the people who ordered the collector's edition. I am not going to say you deserve this bag (because it isn't some you earned, it is something you paid for and should have had from the start).

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Can't wait to see the first video where someone unpacks it and then destroys it in some fashion. You know someone will do it.

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Oh please. They made a mistake. They're fixing it. Why do gamers feel they need to hold a decade long grudge for the smallest thing.

Don't dismiss this as just a mistake. They had more than enough time to change advertising and inform customers, but they choose instead to mislead customers and false advertise.

Deleted member 8784

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I have absolutely no idea what dinghus thought it would be okay to not give people what they paid for, and still take their money to begin with.

What an embarrassing, unnecessary saga.

TemplaerDude

Oct 25, 2017
If you sign up. This is just to avoid getting sued. Avoid getting sued because too many people in this long of chain of stupid made too many boneheaded decisions. So many chances for someone to say "this isn't appropriate" and guaranteed at least a half dozen people said "ah fuck it". Pathetic.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Good, hopefully they don't fuck it up too or cheap out in the future after marketing something they had no plans on delivering with the product.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
I have absolutely no idea what dinghus thought it would be okay to not give people what they paid for, and still take their money to begin with.

What an embarrassing, unnecessary saga.
They probably thought "people loved those pip-boys we shipped with Fallout 4 despite them looking significantly worse than the marketing photos, so nobody will care."

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good thing they went this way ultimately. They could have avoided a lot of bad press if they didn't go through phase 1 "can't do shit for ya" and phase 2 "here's some pretend money to shut up", but at least they did the right thing after all.

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
Who was the person who forgot to write "Contents of Collector's Edition may change or differ slightly from final product"

They literally would not have had an issue if they did that.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Good thing they went this way ultimately. They could have avoided a lot of bad press if they didn't go through phase 1 "can't do shit for ya" and phase 2 "here's some pretend money to shut up", but at least they did the right thing after all.
Yeah I still can't believe that somewhere in the chain of command someone thought "I know, lets give a tiny amount of the fake currency that costs us literally nothing to generate as a make good" and nobody pointed out how stupid an idea that was.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
Wonder who approved these mess to be ok for release in the first place.

Bethesda products: Even the physical items had bugs and needs to be patched.

GTVision

Oct 28, 2017
Nice gesture by Bethesda, at least they're listening and trying to fix things.
They're trying to save themselves from any more harm. These bags will cost them just a fraction of what all the bad press will cost them. The difference between what was promoted and what was being sold is unacceptable. Not to mention their decision to ship the game for 60 dollars in the state it's in.

Reticon6

Banned
Oct 19, 2018
10,000m under surface level
And yet we STILL have some people here acting like they did us a favor...

It's a form of gaslighting. When they release an actual "working" product, they will be worshipped for releasing something that should've been instead of having an expectation it should. It sucks being good natured developers who work hard making great products who don't have fans giving leeway to problematic development. I would have a fuck-you attitude to consumers if I made a game when they reward bad behaviour to other devs.

toythatkills

Oct 26, 2017
London, UK
And yet we STILL have some people here acting like they did us a favor...

Yeah, let's not treat Bethesda like heroes for trying to rip people off, then continuing to try to rip people off, then finally saying "oh fine, you win" when they literally couldn't get away with it any longer.

It's not like they're doing this because they want to, or it's the right thing to do, or because they're good guys. They're being forced to do it and if it wasn't for the amount of attention this story was getting they'd still be telling people to fuck off.

Silver9

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 31, 2017
They should have done this from the beginning. They really thought they can get away with a stupid nylon bag, while advertising a canvas one. That being said this is good. Much better solution than a 5 dollar worthless in-game currency.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I still can't believe that somewhere in the chain of command someone thought "I know, lets give a tiny amount of the fake currency that costs us literally nothing to generate as a make good" and nobody pointed out how stupid an idea that was.

I think it was particularly insulting given how little that money was worth in the game. People joked about how that kind of in-game cash is literally not enough to buy an in-game bag. It's the equivalent of buying a new Samsung 4K TV which ends up being a regular HD TV, and then when shit hits the fan Samsung gives you a 5 dollar coupon to spend on a Blu-Ray. Like, thanks?

Anti

Banned
Nov 22, 2017
Australia
Entitlement strikes again!

Enjoy your bags for life. Take them to Tesco to save 5 pence.

Bethesda pls don't send out bags with holes in them 🤔😂
WTF is this bullshit? I know some people are idiots who will always side with companies no matter how scummy they are, but calling entitlement getting something that you paid for, wow, some guys...

Zellia

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
It's nice that they're now fulfilling the bare minimum I expect of a company, but a shame they tried to scam people in the first place. I half expect there to be something wrong with the bags too.

goonergaz

Nov 18, 2017
gif.gif