• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
They've claimed for months that unlimited storage would cause bad server instability but now it's coming as a paid feature.

Hmmmm......
Yeah this is the short of shit that's really indefensible. Even if you think the game is perfect and the implementation and price of the private servers are perfect.... this is gross.

Kraq

Oct 25, 2017
This is so comically bad that it almost feels that someone at Bethesda decided to give Obsidian free advertising for their new game as an apology for any past bad blood.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Of course the fucking NCR Ranger outfit is locked behind a fucking paywall. I saved up all my Atom bullshit currency waiting for it and now it just doesn't exist for me. Fuck them just for that.

Also refusing to improve the game without demanding more cash is not what they should be doing. I held the opinion that if Bethesda did the work to fix the game they could have turned it around but not like this.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
giphy_2.gif

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Jesus. They've been going down hill so hard the last several years. I really do worry about what kind of gross thing the next elders scrolls ends up being. Besides janky with terrible combat mechanics.

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
1) Is this real life?
2) I'm looking forward to Jim Sterling's video of him laughing maniacally for then minutes.

mario_O

Nov 15, 2017
Player count is probably low, so why not rent the unused servers. But it's a joke that they remove access to your server if you log out, and don't allow mods, one of the main reasons people would pay for this. It's paying for a server that is not really yours. You are paying for a game mode.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
The good thing is: Bethesda isn't the only game in town these days, so to speak.

Still terrible to see what happened to them over the years. Oh well. Maybe they will right the ship but I feel like they are looking at their old games and thinking "I can't believe people bought this/that game for a decade plus and we never figured out a way to bleed more money out of them!! Need to change that asap!"

Probably wracking their brains trying to put some slick micro's into ES6 lmao

luxarific

Jan 14, 2018
Why are they doubling down so hard on this game?

Did it not tank and become a huge negative meme on launch?
There are quite a few people who will pay this. The whales in r/fo76filthycasuals are already signing up for a year's sub. Also plenty of people saying they'll subscribe in the main sub r/fo76, although most posters say they will stay free. My guess is that this will turn into something like ESO. Wastelanders will be free (probably), but every major content drop afterwards will be something you have to buy. The game will be f2p or available for a low price, while the major QoL improvements will be locked behind the sub.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Can they at least fix the damn game some more before introducing this kind of thing?

And that whole non 1st members gets kicked out if owner leaves doesn't help.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
When I first saw this earlier, I thought it was a joke. I can't believe they're locking Private Worlds (and to an extent the ability to mod those, as mods seemingly only will work in Private Worlds) behind a subscription - and an expensive subscription at that. If it was ~$20-$30 a year then I could kind of see what they're 'trying' to do... BUT $100 a year or ~$13 a month is just daylight robbery. I wonder if they'll end up changing or backtracking on anything after the backlash I'm assuming this has already received and will continue to?

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
The only logical reason for any of this: Blizzard paid a LOT of money to Bethesda to make their issues disappear from public perception, which Bethesda could use since there's no way FO76 will finance Starfield/TESVI

A sub for this game is crazytown, especially as long as there's no content worth the asking price. They absolutely intend to release all upcoming DLC and content expansions behind this paywall and alternatively a'la carte for TESO prices, which is ALSO insane in comparison. How did it happen that all of these OG legacy PC studios who once were the greats care so goddamn little about their games and players these days. God this all sucks.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Bethesda sure has a lot of mistakes to learn from starting with Fallout 4 and through 76. Let's see if they keep making them.

banter

Jan 12, 2018
This is just baffling. Bethesda has really reached a new low. This makes me worry about Starfield and TES6. I know they're completely different game types but this is just ridiculous. How they've gone from skyrim, to even playing to their own jokes with skyrim remastered, to this... is just... Baffling.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
Don't folks hate this game?
A lot do, but I'd imagine this ploy only exists because there are current diehard players. Bethesda knows there are people playing now who would be willing to pay for this shit. I wish it wasn't so though. There are so many other games to play but there still are people who choose to return to F76 and support it.

Backlogger

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
Oh wow, I thought I saw a meme about this on Reddit but didn't know it was real. Not sure how I feel about this though I haven't even played the game in a couple months. I never hated it, just got boring after a while.

Z-Brownie

Nov 6, 2017
i don't see the point of people defending it. it's not like they are charging to play a mmo, they are selling a vip service in a full price game. or i'm missing something?