• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Burly

Oct 25, 2017
Due to unavailability of server space, we had to switch to p2p servers in the Fallout: 1st membership service. We hope this doesn't prevent anyone from enjoying what we feel is one of our best membership services.

Warm Regards,
Bethesda

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Insane. Hope this is a huge flop, I can't imagine many people would pay this.

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Minecraft Realms are not really cheaper than this. 8 players is also pretty good.

But this is Era so

OMG FAKKIN LOOL GET REKT

Bomblord

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 11, 2018
tenor.gif

This is quite literally the only reaction I can muster for this.

Arion

Oct 26, 2017
WHO is actually going to buy this? Genuinely curious, how can someone be ok with this?

Awesome Kev

Banned
Jan 10, 2018
you gotta be fucking kidding me

i had fin with the game, but the bugs, glitches, crashes, etc were unbearable. i tried to stay completely away form the offline component and just play it like a fallout game but after a while it was just too fucked up. i got my $30 worth out of it but... this is just fucking insane. im sure there are plenty of people that will pay for this, but those numbers can't be very high

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
Man the management at Bethesda is a joke. I feel for the devs.

Hope this kind of crap wont happen with Starfield and TES6.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
hold on it says on the official website that if the owner of the server leaves the private world, it will only stay up if another subscriber is on it as well. That seems fucking dumb.

"Should the owner of the private world leave, the world will still stay active as long as one other player in the world is a Fallout 1st member."
Yeah that's dumb. If you're paying for a private server it should stay up regardless.

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
I'll defend Fallout 3 and 4 to the death.

But man, I'll just never understand what they're doing with 76.

Woof.

RicJFNas

Oct 28, 2017
This's is just... wow, and here l was thinking they couldn't sink lower. I really hope no one even considers getting this.

Inyourprime

Oct 25, 2017
Well, I get the price. What I don't get is why they'r pushing this out before the DLC first. Meh. What do I know...

It is just so upsetting to see what they are doing to my once favorite franchise. This stings.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
A fee for private servers alone that stay up 24/7 I would get. This however is shameless.

May 18, 2018
Bethesda created microtransactions with Horse Amour(TM) and today invented SPaaS Single Player as a Service.

Please don't kill my joke, thanks.

Oct 25, 2017
It's really funny that the thread preview to me just read "Bethesda introduces Fallout 1..." and I was like "OH SHIT ARE THEY REMAKING FALLOUT 1?!?"
Close enough, really

InspectorJones

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
All the news I see for 76 only gives me the impression it's a big hole that just steals all your money; I almost feel bad for the players still playing this game and constantly being fleeced by Bethesda.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Is 'Private Worlds' essentially a persistent, private dedicated server for your world? Interesting idea... Odd though. Imagine like, 2 years ago, promoting a Fallout MMO and saying "For an extra cost you can play privately!"

Deleted member 10726

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
ResetERA
Minecraft Realms are not really cheaper than this. 8 players is also pretty good.

But this is Era so

OMG FAKKIN LOOL GET REKT

As someone who enjoyed Fallout 76, I have to say the comparison is a bit unfair given that Minecraft also just allows you to host your own servers for free.

Additionally, even if that wasn't a thing in Minecraft, at least Realms allow others to play on it without anyone else being required to pay a subscription as well.

Last edited:

TheFurizzlyBear

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I was ready to sign-up for this but if I have to be on for the world to be available for my friends then it's not worth it.

EssCee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Todd Howard doing whatever he can to squeeze every last penny out of this fucking game

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Also, they released this on Oct. 23rd, which in Fallout lore is the day of- bah who honestly gives a fuck about it at this point.

Azurik

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Why 🤷🏼‍♂️
let this game die already with the little pride it has left

Oct 25, 2017
Man, imagine waking up thinking "Ah, another fine day to work as a community manager for Bethesda. Let's just check Twitter really fast before going to wo..."

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
hold on it says on the official website that if the owner of the server leaves the private world, it will only stay up if another subscriber is on it as well. That seems fucking dumb.

"Should the owner of the private world leave, the world will still stay active as long as one other player in the world is a Fallout 1st member."

This is a very weird limitation to have. Trust me, I understand the cost of having a dedicated server running at all times, and I can even see value in this compared to other games that let you rent private servers. But you're essentially paying for a private server with this...Just like, let that thing stay up.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
I am amazed to see there are so many Fallout 76 stans here. I am not surprised, on the other hand, to see how sensitive and edgy they are. Those people have been through a lot. I "beat" Fallout 76 close to a year ago and I still get flashbacks. I can only imagine the psychological fallout from prolonged exposure...

Fiel

Oct 30, 2017
I mean, the "benefit" is okay for asking price if you ask me.

but only if this is free to play game.

Se_7_eN

Oct 25, 2017
WTF... So this is the only way to gain access to the Private Servers they have been talking about?

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
What lmao, talk about taking advantage of your fans

You could get game pass ultimate or ps now for a year for the same price or cheaper, remember that.

Deleted member 10726

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
ResetERA
I am amazed to see there are so many Fallout 76 stans here. I am not surprised, on the other hand, to see how sensitive and edgy they are. Those people have been through a lot. I "beat" Fallout 76 close to a year ago and I still get flashbacks. I can only imagine the psychological fallout from prolonged exposure...

I think it's better than some people say it is, but shit like this is absolutely indefensible and makes me understand why people roast the game as much as they do. The whole thing about locking items behind the atom shop was already pretty problematic, however this makes every previous shady thing they did with the game's monetization look like jaywalking in comparison.