• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 59955

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 14, 2019
So someone on Starfield's reddit noticed this. https://www.reddit.com/r/Starfield/comments/eelqcc/bgs_job_position_possible_info_about_starfields/

Bethesda Game Studios in Maryland which is the studio Todd Howard heads, which is the studio that is making Starfield and Elder Scrolls VI, is looking for employees that can create trailers and promotional videos.

"Bethesda Game Studios is seeking an experienced, creative and energetic Video
Editor.
The candidate should have a strong visual style with experience in video editing, motion graphics, video format standards, and basic live production. The ideal candidate would also have experience capturing compelling video game footage and editing it into exciting promotional videos."

Now you might be thinking, "This could be for Fallout 76 DLC", yeah which could be true but it's worth noting that Bethesda Austin is the one handling Fallout 76's post launch content and DLC and it seems they already have people for trailers since they aren't hiring. It's also worth noting that in December 2014, a job listing apparently went up like this one and then Fallout 4 was revealed at E3.

Elder Scrolls VI isn't coming for another decade and Todd's studio doesn't make Fallout 76 DLC, so this leads me to believe that this is for Starfield. If they're looking to make trailers for Starfield, then it's development must be far ahead.

Last edited:

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
probably just to fill a general vacancy but more hopeful than not i suppose (w/r/t starfield actually coming out in my lifetime)

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I dunno in regards to Elder Scrolls 6, I reckon mid next gen is possible for that (2023?)

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019
I'm pretty sure we'll see Starfield at E32020. Its been 2 years since they've shown anything about it and trailers and demos for these events are handled months in advance.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
All I know is Starfield is going to have to be really impressive for me to give a damn.

Fiery Phoenix

Oct 26, 2017
If Starfield is next fall, then it's not unreasonable to think they're hiring video editors in time for an E3 2020 trailer.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Makes sense that we'd see it in 2020 what i wonder is does it launch in 2020 or 21. They need to nail this game because Bethesda is a laughing stock in the industry right now. I hope its really good, they used to be favorite studio of mine, but after hearing they never changed engines im keeping my expectations very low.

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Makes sense that Starfield is their next-gen launch window game. Elder Scrolls VI would be 3 years later.

Alexious

Executive Editor for Games at Wccftech
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
If Starfield is next fall, then it's not unreasonable to think they're hiring video editors in time for an E3 2020 trailer.

I doubt it, though. Pete Hines previously said the studio's development roadmap remained the same. Fallout 4 launched in 2015, Fallout 76 in 2018, therefore Starfield should be released in 2021.

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think even Todd must have noticed that their reputation took a significant hit in the last years. I hope they realize that they have to deliver with Starfield in order to put them in the best possible position for Elder Scrolls 6.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
I keep hoping next E3 we'll see a trailer, but that would probably also mean a release in the same year and I just don't see that happening. Not after Howard said he wants us all to be very patient.

But if not a release next year, it has to be 2022. Christ, so damn long for even anything on TES VI.

doemaaan

Oct 27, 2017
Hope so. I'm expecting Starfield to show up at E3 next year anyway. I mean, how can they not starting ramping this up.

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
perhaps but they're in turn laughing their way to the bank. like even if starfield ends up a tire fire skyrim and fallout 4 would still coast them
Yep, in the unlikely event that Starfield tanks in a 2021 release, then Skyrim RTX Edition, and Fallout 4 RTX Edition, for 2022 and 2023 respectively, would see them through to TES6 in 2024.

Not sure how I feel about the prospect of a 2020 release for Starfield. On the one hand, I want them to take as long as possible to get this one right and blow people's minds, putting us in good faith for TES6. On the other hand, I don't want Squadron 42 to eat their lunch, and late 2021 might cause problems there =P

Brood

Nov 8, 2018
If elder Scrolls is ever going to be released next gen it's going to be on '24-25.

Alexious

Executive Editor for Games at Wccftech
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Yep, in the unlikely event that Starfield tanks in a 2021 release, then Skyrim RTX Edition, and Fallout 4 RTX Edition, for 2022 and 2023 respectively, would see them through to TES6 in 2024.

Not sure how I feel about the prospect of a 2020 release for Starfield. On the one hand, I want them to take as long as possible to get this one right and blow people's minds, putting us in good faith for TES6. On the other hand, I don't want Squadron 42 to eat their lunch, and late 2021 might cause problems there =P

Squadron 42 would be an entirely different type of game, though. I doubt Starfield has any kind of ship combat...

Cincaid

Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
It's probably high up on some executive's wish list to repeat the success of TESIV: Oblivion (released March 2006) on Xbox 360 (released November 2005), in making sure to release Starfield early in the new generation when consumers are hungry for new, big titles. I'm not sure this job listing is confirming that, but I'm sure we'll see more of Starfield next E3 and potentially an early spring 2021 release of it. I doubt we'll see anything at all of TESVI before at least E3 2023.

Last edited:

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't expect Starfield before 2023 tbh and Elderscrolls 6 in 2026. I can see a Skyrim port for PS5/XSX launch. Bethesda takes a long time to make games, no way Starfield comes out early gen.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
I don't expect Starfield before 2023 tbh and Elderscrolls 6 in 2026. I can see a Skyrim port for PS5/XSX launch. Bethesda takes a long time to make games, no way Starfield comes out early gen.

assuming production went into full swing after Far Harbor (edit: or whatever that last DLC was) i don't think "early next gen" is too out there. word is it's still way ways off but i'm more bullish than not on its prospects, personally

Last edited:

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
It's probably high up on some executive's wish list to repeat the success of TESIV: Oblivion (released March 2006) on Xbox 360 (released November 2005), in making sure to release early in the new generation when consumers are hungry for new, big titles. I'm not sure this job listing is confirming that, but I'm sure we'll see more of the game next E3 and potentially an early spring 2021 release.
Well, Skyrim sold quite a bit more, so that success seems more likely to be high on the list. With Standhield coming out before TESVI, the Skyrim scenario (mid-gen release) is a lot more likely than the Oblivion scenario imo.

Cincaid

Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
Well, Skyrim sold quite a bit more, so that success seems more likely to be high on the list. With Standhield coming out before TESVI, the Skyrim scenario (mid-gen release) is a lot more likely than the Oblivion scenario imo.

True, though Skyrim released six years into the generation, but I guess you didn't mean something that extreme.

Cincaid

Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
Yeah, my personal guess is 2023/2024, with Starfield 2020/2021.

Ah, I think we misunderstood eachother then (probably due to my badly written first post), but I was talking about Starfield's potential early spring 2021 release. There is no way in hell I think we'll see TESVI anytime before 2023. 😅

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
I think you're reading way too much into a simple video editor job offer.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Didn't think it warranted a thread of its own, so I'll post it here. I watched this video...

BGS is looking for a video editor and it's for BGS Maryland, Todd Howard's studio. Matty says that Bethesda made a mistake by having Howard as the spokesperson for Fallout 76, because it was a Bethesda wide collaborative project across all their studios. It wasn't a BGS proper game, as in Maryland.

This job position however is for Maryland. My question is....is this a clear indication that we're getting something Starfield this year or could it also be that BGS is just early with trying to find a good video editor for a trailer and reveal next year?

Jan 20, 2019
Didn't think it warranted a thread of its own, so I'll post it here. I watched this video...

BGS is looking for a video editor and it's for BGS Maryland, Todd Howard's studio. Matty says that Bethesda made a mistake by having Howard as the spokesperson for Fallout 76, because it was a Bethesda wide collaborative project across all their studios. It wasn't a BGS proper game, as in Maryland.

This job position however is for Maryland. My question is....is this a clear indication that we're getting something Starfield this year or could it also be that BGS is just early with trying to find a good video editor for a trailer and reveal next year?

If they are looking for one now it has to be for this e3.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
If they are looking for one now it has to be for this e3.

Hmmmm, yeah. It's then either Starfield or Fallout 76 related, but I doubt it's 76. However, Todd last year said he wanted people to be very patient for both Starfield and TES VI. Would a year later Starfield come out?

But if we get a reveal this year we likely will get the game itself as well. BGS made it very clear they prefer the Fallout 4 type of announcement and release the same year approach. I do too!

Jan 20, 2019
Hmmmm, yeah. It's then either Starfield or Fallout 76 related, but I doubt it's 76. However, Todd last year said he wanted people to be very patient for both Starfield and TES VI. Would a year later Starfield come out?

But if we get a reveal this year we likely will get the game itself as well. BGS made it very clear they prefer the Fallout 4 type of announcement and release the same year approach. I do too!

When did the show starfield, e3 2018?

GlowingBovine

Prophet of Truth
Nov 27, 2017
This seems about the right amount of time for a new BGS game, it's been 5 years right? They said to be patient in 2018 and 2 years later seems right, I'm expecting a proper reveal and release this year.

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
This reminds me of people analyzing Versus XIII job listings, good times.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
When did the show starfield, e3 2018?

Yep!

Two more videos. They talk about more job listing for BGS and those really imply that Starfield will get talked about this year. And if that happens and Bethesda is still fond of how they marketed Fallout 4........it should mean a release this year. But we will see about that.

I do however very much doubt these job postings are for Fallout 76. Has to be that other BGS title.