• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
I'll consider buying a Bethesda game if they write me an essay on how patronizing their customers is a shit move, especially when they released a poor product in the first place and said players are trying to fix their mess for them.

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
can i ask why are you getting so worked up over this

like damn its just a game lmao

anyways i'll be getting starfield and tesvi on launch, if my decision to purchase these games comes at a detriment to your emotional wellbeing then that's a shame.
Nah, you can eat rocks for all I care.

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
Bethesda: "We release broken POS of games as shallow as they can be. We also will keep lying to you!"
You (probably): OMG take my money Bethesda

Dude you just need to move on already.

Millions of people love BGS productions. You're not one of them. And that's okay.

Stop acting like a jilted lover and just walk away.

Eriol

Oct 27, 2017
Santiago, Chile
I have no interest on current or future bethesda games, i know the game its pretty bad bad and how bad bethesda has managed this, with that said, i play online games, cheatengine and thirparty injection programs are for cheating on online games and plenty of this types of games will ban you.

So keep defending cheaters!!

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
I told you I don't give a fuck about what you do. Is that hard to understand?

But that's the whole problem though. You DO care what others do.

That's why you can't seem to resist dunking on Bethesda in every single thread with their name in the title.

It's painfully obvious BGS just isn't for you anymore. Just move one with your life.

Your obsession with a developer you hate is unhealthy for you and annoying to everyone else.

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
But that's the whole problem though. You DO care what others do.

That's why you can't seem to resist dunking on Bethesda in every single thread with their name in the title.

It's painfully obvious BGS just isn't for you anymore. Just move one with your life.

Your obsession with a developer you hate is unhealthy for you and annoying to everyone else.
I don't. Saying a company has suckers that will buy anything they throw at it is not caring, is just saying it like it is.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Imagine supporting a company that hasn't released a truly great game since 2002 and consistently works against their own playerbase for personal gain, including handwaving the leaking of personal information such as credit card info & home addresses. It must feel like an abusive relationship at this point.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
What the flying fuck Bethesda? Your modding community made you...now you want them to write an essay like a punished child at school? I would just bounce from this garbage and never buy their games again.

Hell I'm tempted to never touch their shit again and I don't even own this fucking abortion.

Khrol

Oct 28, 2017
I mean, I think it's pretty obvious you shouldn't be modding an always online game and I can't say that I care.

But man, the last thing this game needs is more controversy.

Mazinger

Banned
Nov 15, 2017
Fallout 76 is the culmination of many critics and players giving Bethesda Game Studios a free pass on their staggering technical incompetence, waving it away as the 'charm' of the game or saying 'mods will fix it anyways', and Bethesda's inability at game design at world building, which many again waved away by saying they played it for fun after turning their brain off and overlooking the issues entirely. When an admittedly as incompetent developer as Bethesda can keep pushing out facsimiles of WRPGs which sell like hotcakes and are widely loved everywhere, and when there was no real competition to their Fallouts and Skyrims in the times they were released, they had no reason to radically step up their game. They probably think they were on the right path to begin with. Then they started getting too confident, even believing they had what it takes to make a massive online multiplayer game.

Bethesda making an online multiplayer game. Bethesda making an online multiplayer game. The horrifying implications of something like that should have been obvious to everyone (for clarification's sake, The Elder Scrolls Online was developed by Zenimax Online, not BGS).

Out of all AAA developers, Bethesda has the highest least compentent-most profitable ratio on their games. Most other AAA open-world games aren't anywhere as buggy as Bethesda games, and those which are tend to have suffered from incredibly rushed development cycles, whereas Bethesda always has tons of time to spend on developing their games. In a way it's a cruel joke played on Bethesda. It's like that form of bullying where everyone pretends to sincerely egg on the target so they can get him to believe he's actually good at something, only to cruelly pull out the rug beneath him at the moment when he's trying the most. The saddest part here is that most people did sincerely believe Bethesda was great.

Fallout 76 is also the bucket of water splashed on Bethesda's face. Now they (hopefully) realized they can't just put out badly coded amalgamations of random features with no coherence anymore, and that there's other games on the horizon which promise to do what Fallout 3&4 / Skyrim did but much better and less buggy.

This should be a lesson on what happens when you give developers a free pass on the quality of their output or overlooking all their flaws. They start getting complacent, and they start thinking they can make multiplayer games despite having no previous experience with online gaming at all.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
And they don't stop coming.

What is going on? Bethesda has to be trying to be the worst at this point.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
Guarantee their new games will chart just like 76 did. Sales in December going to be good too with all those last minute random games as gifts being bought with consoles.

It's honestly not as bad as people make it out to be. I only occasionally play fallout our Bethesda games and think it's fine. It has the same old fallout immersion to it. Reading these threads makes me want to recommend and buy their upcoming games just to do it though. Just silly comments repeated over and over.

Of course mods that cheat in online games should be banned. Online only games can't have this in them. Same people would be making comments if they allowed it saying Bethesda is a mess allowing cheaters and they no longer supporting the game if nothing was being done.

76 looks 100 times better than Atlas and that is selling and being played like crazy as well. Sure it's early access but it shows people don't really care about buggy games in the end like some here would make it seem like it's the be all end all..

Deleted member 3183

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bethesda has done a lot worthy of criticism - but this isn't it. It's an online game where modding gives way to cheats being utilized. I have no beef with their approach to it.

Kind of a misleading title to the post.

Athena

Dec 10, 2018
The essay bit is really weird. Otherwise this is pretty normal, for an online game.

What really strikes me as strange about the essay bit is that Bethesda must know a good portion of their community likes to use mods for the improvement of the game, rather than cheating. The way the e-mail words it is almost like saying "haha, we got you for cheating" when they should expect that a good number of people caught by autodetection is .. likely not doing that.

IzzyRX

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I hope they'll be actual consequeces on them for this mess of a game. I usually love their output, but that's not an excuse at all.

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
If Bethesda allowed mods for anything other than cheats would they have to manually review every mod to verify it isn't for cheating?

Seems like that's asking for a lot. Also could people Trojan horse cheats into a mod that only appears cosmetic on the surface?

It appears that a flat No Mods policy is the only viable solution for an online-only release.

Driggonny

Oct 26, 2017
Modding the game to improve it over others could be considered "cheating" in a multiplayer only game I guess. Way to get rid of the only chance for the game to get fixed for people lmao

Only real problem is the dumbass essay

Dreamwriter

Oct 27, 2017
What the flying fuck Bethesda? Your modding community made you...now you want them to write an essay like a punished child at school? I would just bounce from this garbage and never buy their games again.

Hell I'm tempted to never touch their shit again and I don't even own this fucking abortion.
Most online game "mods" are cheats, thus almost no online game allows mods of any sort, because that can ruin the fun for other players, and it's quite difficult to determine if the mod someone is using is a cheat or "improved inventory sorting". The bans aren't the controversial part of this.

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Um. Modding an online game is CHEATING (or opens the door directly to cheating), guys. What do you not understand? Any online game will ban you for this. An online game needs to have one consistent set of rules for everyone. I think most children even understand this.

The Bethesda hate boner is off the rails. This thread is embarrassing to read through.

Last edited:

Deleted member 3058

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Running a third party app that modifies an online game has always been grounds for a banning.

Looks like they are not targeting people who are just using reshade, ini tweaks, or other simple mods.

Outside of the essay bit, which really is weird, this doesn't seem to be the clusterfuck that the OP title indicates it is.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
Most online game "mods" are cheats, thus almost no online game allows mods of any sort, because that can ruin the fun for other players, and it's quite difficult to determine if the mod someone is using is a cheat or "improved inventory sorting". The bans aren't the controversial part of this.

I can see mods that can alter the game or whatever have you but not shaders and such. I have all kinds of different quality of life mods for ESO for example...whats the difference?

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
"So in conclusion, modding is bad because we are doing all the work of fixing your broken games for free"

amphteamints

Aug 21, 2018
Unfortunately, Milwaukee
I can see mods that can alter the game or whatever have you but not shaders and such. I have all kinds of different quality of life mods for ESO for example...whats the difference?
this isn't entirely true- shaders are banned in pubg because there was an instance where one of them (or more?) would give the player zooming ability whether or not they had a scope.

modders can package all sorts of stuff into simple shaders that might give one player a benefit over the other. now whether or not this is indicative of how bethesda is going to treat single player game mods in the future (if they even make a single player game in the future) is a different story, because skyrim is basically unplayable without a whole bunch of mods and looks like shit to boot (vanilla, at least, don't own the SE) .

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Bare in mind a lot of cheaters won't admit they cheated... The funniest thing was in the thread of the official Rust forum where cheaters tried to appeal their bans and didn't realize the game took screenshots of their screen and uploaded it the devs servers.

So they'd appeal their ban, the mods would then post the images where you could see hacks in action and they could add public shaming to their list of punishments.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
this isn't entirely true- shaders are banned in pubg because there was an instance where one of them (or more?) would give the player zooming ability whether or not they had a scope.

modders can package all sorts of stuff into simple shaders that might give one player a benefit over the other. now whether or not this is indicative of how bethesda is going to treat single player game mods in the future (if they even make a single player game in the future) is a different story, because skyrim is basically unplayable without a whole bunch of mods and looks like shit to boot (vanilla, at least, don't own the SE) .

Ok I can understand that. Even so, at release it seemed this game had a few bugs from fallout 4 that were ironed out with community patches among other huge issues. This game seems similar to skyrim in which modders would be needed to save the day, but are going to be punished for doing so.

Just give people private servers and enforce this nonsense on official. Everyone wins.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Ok I can understand that. Even so, at release it seemed this game had a few bugs from fallout 4 that were ironed out with community patches among other huge issues. This game seems similar to skyrim in which modders would be needed to save the day, but are going to be punished for doing so.

Just give people private servers and enforce this nonsense on official. Everyone wins.
No. Installing unofficial patch won't count as "running third party application" as you don't need to run anything.. That's not how modding works. Running 3rd party program is cheating, not modding.

Deleted member 43872

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 24, 2018
Everyone saying "they deserve it for cheating," you know this isn't Overwatch, right? Fallout 76 is a game with zero meaningful PVP play. The reason cheating in multiplayer games is bad is because it gives you an unfair advantage in competing with other players, ruining their experience. If you're not competing with other players, as far as I'm concerned you can give yourself god mode and superpowered weapons with infinite ammo and still be 100% morally in the clear. Whether the game is online or offline doesn't change that. If anyone's using cheats to grief, ban them for griefing.

Dracoonian

Dec 6, 2017
tenor.gif

Thanks for the weekly chuckle Bethesda.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
Bare in mind a lot of cheaters won't admit they cheated... The funniest thing was in the thread of the official Rust forum where cheaters tried to appeal their bans and didn't realize the game took screenshots of their screen and uploaded it the devs servers.

So they'd appeal their ban, the mods would then post the images where you could see hacks in action and they could add public shaming to their list of punishments.
Considering how buggy their own forums are I doubt Bethesda is that competent.