• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which shopkeeper reigns supreme?

• IT'S DANGEROUS TO GO ALONE / KEEP THIS A SECRET FROM EVERYONE

Votes: 40 7.6%
  • The Curiosity shop salesman

Votes: 33 6.3%
  • Beedle

Votes: 263 50.3%
  • Zunari

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Malo

Votes: 99 18.9%
  • Ravio

Votes: 32 6.1%
  • Morshu

Votes: 54 10.3%

• Total voters

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
d8nfdhl-06cfb533-7e5a-4292-b9f0-3e9b1f9da513.gif

Ojli

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
Tingle. He sells maps, right? Otherwise, that one in Wind Waker that says "Thank you"

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
Malo, I still got his music stuck in my head, and I imagine him sounding like the Brain from Pinky and the Brain

Oct 27, 2017
The one who zaps you to death.

Morshu is a weird meme that resurrects every ten-fifteen years or so, in 2007 it was youtube poops, now he's back for whatever reason.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ya'll are sleeping on the merchant from Wand of Gamelon. (Who apparently didn't have a name.)
"'Course I'm on your side, but I still have to sell the stuff! Just pick out what you want. I'll handle the rubies."

TWoG_Merchant_Cutscene_Sprite.png

(Yes, rubies. That's what they call Rupees in the CD-I games.)

Gurgelhals

Oct 27, 2017
Tough call indeed. Nintendo seems to have far too much fun thinking up all kinds of weirdos for these Zelda shopkeepers.

But it's gotta be this guy:

Fadewise

Nov 5, 2017
Beedle is a a chump. Put him in the same market as Malo and Malo will put him out of business in under a week.

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
It wasn't until this topic that I realized just how many weird shopkeepers there are in the Zelda series. And it's not a new thing either—it's been a constant since at least Link's Awakening. This is some internal meme within the Zelda dev team, isn't it?

Voted for Malo by the way

OP
OP
zMiiChy-

zMiiChy-

Dec 12, 2017
how is this a tough call when Beedle is one of the options
Honestly I find it kind of sad how Zunari has no votes.

He had a lot of charisma and bravado while still appearing good natured.

I prefer him over Beedle in Wind Waker, but obviously Beedle was great in Skyward Sword and BotW as well

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
How is Morshu not winning this in a landslide? He is far more iconic than the rest.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Of the poll options, it's Malo, money talks and the way he takes that one clerk from uptight poncey man to shuffling across to the malo mart jam is your rupees at work.

Personal fave, the guy(?) who runs the only ghost shop in Hyrule!
62b62b946be6f1bf82f03a68540aae1ef8807fd1_hq.gif

HM to like, all of SS's Bazaar folk and Salvatore from Wind Waker (minigames are totally a shop business!)
Oh and LA's shopkeep, I mean really if we get bolted by him, we deserved it, unless you weren't stealing the bow and took something only worth like 20 rupees, then murder is a bit much, I guess

I didn't even know what a Morshu was until this thread, disgusting

ze_

Oct 28, 2017
All of the folks in Skyloft's Bazaar are great. Man, I love Skyloft.