• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which One?

• Rainmaker

Votes: 31 7.8%
  • RKO

Votes: 76 19.1%
  • Sweet Chin Music

Votes: 47 11.8%
  • Tombstone Piledriver

Votes: 101 25.4%
  • Spear

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • Diamond Cutter

Votes: 72 18.1%
  • Sharpshooter

Votes: 64 16.1%

• Total voters

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
Granted I'm a late 90s wrestling kid, but it's gotta be between the stunner, choke slam and peoples elbow for me personally. Stone cold if you have the right person on the other end. Just lights up the crowd.

I love sweet chin music out of the op list

Testobjekt

Jan 23, 2018
Germany
g3AxDeWb-600x338.gif

theaface

Oct 25, 2017
Objectively it's the Stunner. Incredibly versatile, can come from nowhere, lasts just the right amount of time, huge pop off.

As far as submission finishers go, I did love the Crippler Crossface. It looked painful/would be painful if executed for real and it was possible to pull it out of nowhere. Terrible shame that it's associated with someone who doesn't deserve a name check.

Leclair

May 3, 2021
Denmark
Speaking of submission finishers. I remember always wondering why Brutus The Barbar Beefcake's sleeper hold would require the ref to drop his opponent's hand three times before calling the match, but with Million Dollar Man's 'Million Dollar Dream' the ref only did it once.
What the hell was the "logic" behind that?

youtu.be

Luscious Johnny Valiant vs Brutus the barber Beefcake hair vs hair match Sam Houston Coliseum

Luscious Johnny Valiant vs Brutus the barber Beefcake hair vs hair match Sam Houston Coliseum Texas
(7:32 if time stamp doesn't work)

youtu.be

Ted DiBiase vs Jobber Gary Wolf WWF Wrestling Challenge 1989

Ted DiBiase vs Jobber Gary Wolf WWF Wrestling Challenge 1989
(3:39 if time stamp doesn't work)

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Whichever one Megan thee Stallion wants to perform on me until I submit (I'll never submit).

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
I've always been a fan of big ass power bombs and lifting DDTs. Farooq's spine buster is the GOAT too

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020

You've already been told this guy is mega piece of shit and all, but I do want to say I always found this move so stupid and really uncomfortable. I'm surprised so many people were okay with it even when it was popular and before we all knew Ryan was trash as a person. Wrestling over the last few years has taken some really weird turns.

Oof, I forgot about that. I don't know why Nash even thought he could pull that off. He's a strong dude but jeez

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
Nash is one of the greatest technical wrestlers of our time
He doesn't need to be. Nash has physical charisma and can actually work very well given his move limitations. His big boot, sidewalk slam and Jackknife look great and that's really all he needs. Also, he did a dope ass jackknife to The Giant at the start of his NWO run.

Other moves I loved.

- The Giants Choleslam when he would rotate and slam his opponent down using all his weight

- Ravens Evenflow. It looked snappy, crunchy and most of all, cool as fuck.

Last edited:

5pectre

Nov 16, 2017
Perfect Plex
giphy.gif

or the Stone Cold Stunner
stone-cold-steve-austin-stunner.gif

Simple moves with great impact

dafuq is a Rainmaker?

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Hot take, whilst the execution of the perfect Plex was great, as a finisher it was terrible and I'm continually surprised by how many people say it's a great one when it often looks like the person is being placed carefully on their back instead of being slammed down hard.

An even hotter take, the stunner isn't as great as people say. It was at one point but considering how often it got thrown around and locked out of it lost a lot of its potential as 'best finisher'. Is still exciting of course but that's a different thing.

Creatchee

Oct 26, 2017
Sarasota, Florida
So there was a finisher I used to use in an old-school wrestling video game. I seriously can't remember who used it! I googled for like 15 minutes and just couldn't figure it out. The wrestler would lift the person up so their body was facing up and then he'd slam them down to the mat, them facing down, with their head between his legs like a pedigree. I always liked it and when we trampoline wrestled as kids that was my go to besides the stunner.
I gotchu fam... It's the Dominator by Farooq AKA Ron Simmons.
FSYOeR.gif

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
The stunner doesn't deserve mention for as many times it's been botched or done to people who have no idea how to sell it.

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Always liked Abyss' Shock Treatment

alvklwhm

Looks like it hurts both guys tho, not the smartest choice of a finisher lol

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Tajiri is one of my top 10 guys, here's his legendary roundhouse. Loved his kicks.

3wdwikkk

Temp_User

Oct 30, 2017
I voted for Sharpshooter but the Stunner and Pedigree should be at the poll. Also the Perfectplex!

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
The only issue with the Stunner is that it can't be used outside of the ring too often. Austin has said on his podcast that it really fucking hurts the ass/lower back if you do it on the outside floor.