• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
Should have listened to you guys saying go for Amplifi before. I've had pretty consistent issues with Orbi. Poor coverage, slowdowns etc. I'm now looking into this guy.

store.amplifi.com

AmpliFi Mesh Wi-Fi System. Gamer's Edition

Optimized for NVIDIA’s GeForce NOW Cloud Gaming platform, AmpliFi Gamer’s Edition delivers incredible network speeds with low latency online gaming performance. With turbocharged 802.11ac Wi-Fi mesh technology, AmpliFi HD Gamer’s Edition utilizes multiple self-configuring radios and advanced...

I ended up spending more on the Orbi because I had to buy an additional sattelite to get a little better coverage. I bought it used on craigslist too. I'll sell my existing orbi routers to fund it. I ended up with two as it was cheaper to buy a router/satellite used locally months ago then it was to buy a single satellite.
Oof that sucks.

I made a thread for unifi stuff if you have any questions.

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
Buy some ubiquity access points and put them al over your home. You will be better off over other stuff.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Should have listened to you guys saying go for Amplifi before. I've had pretty consistent issues with Orbi. Poor coverage, slowdowns etc. I'm now looking into this guy.

store.amplifi.com

AmpliFi Mesh Wi-Fi System. Gamer's Edition

Optimized for NVIDIA’s GeForce NOW Cloud Gaming platform, AmpliFi Gamer’s Edition delivers incredible network speeds with low latency online gaming performance. With turbocharged 802.11ac Wi-Fi mesh technology, AmpliFi HD Gamer’s Edition utilizes multiple self-configuring radios and advanced...

I ended up spending more on the Orbi because I had to buy an additional sattelite to get a little better coverage. I bought it used on craigslist too. I'll sell my existing orbi routers to fund it. I ended up with two as it was cheaper to buy a router/satellite used locally months ago then it was to buy a single satellite.
Dang, sorry to hear. Honestly, I read great things about Orbi before and after I decided on AmpliFi, but I just don't trust Netgear.

OP
OP
Aztechnology

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Oof that sucks.

I made a thread for unifi stuff if you have any questions.
Thanks I'll check it out. Do you think that edition is a good choice for a mid sized home? I think we're between 2600-3000 square feet. Seems likely it's overkill lol.
Dang, sorry to hear. Honestly, I read great things about Orbi before and after I decided on AmpliFi, but I just don't trust Netgear.
I have a lot of interference issues with various devices with orbi. Also the roaming/switching issues between satellites were causing issues with devices constantly switching. Just a bad experience all around.

OP
OP
Aztechnology

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The Amplifi HD "Gamer Edition" (For color really) is killer compared to the orbi coverage, less dead spots. No Wifi interference on wireless headphones and such. I really like it.