• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

JeffGubb

Giant Bomb
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm. If you are willing to use it wired on Switch, I think you can go with the Logitech G933 or the Astro A50.

haradaku7

May 28, 2018
I got a steelseries Pro, I highly recommend it and its with in your budget. Nice robust list of features and it looks sleek as hell.

Oct 29, 2017
Isn't there really limited options if you want to use wireless on the Switch? I think it's something like the Arctis 9 or so that you'd need from what I've read. Otherwise you're looking at buying adapters like a Genki and it can get messy.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
Honestly a lot of them have really bad mics, but Steelseries seems to have it down so I"d recommend it.

OP
OP
Oct 27, 2017
I have the HyperX Cloud 2 headset I use for my PC, maybe I should just stick with that and connect it to my controller? Will my mic still work just like on my PC?

Insomnium

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just pulled a trigger on an Arctis 7 like 10 minutes ago as I don't mind playing wired on my Switch. For your use case maybe the Pro will suit you better.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
I've been using an Articis 7 for the past 1.5 years. It's fantastic. I have switched from a sennheiser g4me one which is considered one of the best headsets, as it's not just a good gaming headset but actually has superb sound quality. Well, compared to that, obviously, a slight step back, but honestly it's surprisingly only a very little difference. It's comfortable, the charge holds for a good while, mic is fine.

o Tesseract

Oct 28, 2017
I bought a Steelseries 9X (I mainly game on Xbox) and I absolutely love it. The audio quality is great and there doesn't appear to be any latency issues. Great battery life, too.

The mic also sounds very crisp based on what my friends tell me.

Firmament1

Aug 15, 2019
Most wireless headsets aren't good. I seriously suggest that you think about it a little more.

But if you really want wireless, the HyperX Cloud Flight, and the GSP 670 are your best bets.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
Are there any recommendations for budget PC gaming headsets? I have an xbox one headset (https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/headsets/stereo-headset) and have been using it on PC, but it only has 1 plug so I can't use the microphone. I'd like to spend less than $50. I also have Sony MX1000m3 wireless headphones but I'm not sure if they can be used as a headset for PC gaming.
You could get them working as a headset on PC but I really wouldn't recommend it. When you use the mic on a bluetooth device it forces it to use the hands free codec which is much lower quality to account for the fact some of the bluetooth bandwidth is being taken up by transmitting your voice too.

Isn't there really limited options if you want to use wireless on the Switch? I think it's something like the Arctis 9 or so that you'd need from what I've read. Otherwise you're looking at buying adapters like a Genki and it can get messy.
Well the Switch does support audio over USB, so some pc headsets that are wireless will work even if they aren't advertised to. The issue is its chipset depending I think, so you'd have to look into what other people have tested.

JeffGubb

Giant Bomb
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Is it possible to use A50 on Switch?

I'm not sure. I will try it. I think it can work wired, but I honestly have never even thought about it. Honestly, A50s seem way too cumbersome for the Switch. But OP's budget is so high, it seems a shame not to go with such an excellent headset.