• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

A poll of pure imagination (or look up the songs on YouTube)

• The Candy Man

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • Cheer up, Charlie

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Golden Ticket

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • Pure Imagination

Votes: 113 74.8%
  • Oompa Loompa (catch all for all their songs)

Votes: 20 13.2%
  • Wonderous Boat Ride

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • I Want It Now!

Votes: 10 6.6%

• Total voters

Pilgrimzero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The old Willy Wonka film is still an amazing film to this day. (The remake/telling/whatever was ass)

Lots of great music throughout, but which one wins the Golden Ticket?

Also, how great is Wonka's sarcastic attitude, in this film? Fantastic,

YOU CAN PICK TWO since everyone picks Pure Imagination anyways

Last edited:

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Golden Ticket better stay at 0%.

Grandpa Joe is a fraud.

Oct 27, 2017
The Oompa Loompa in aggregate were the best. They were fun and weird.
Anyone picking Cheer Up, Charlie has got to be joking.

Biggersmaller

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Minneapolis
Not a speck of light is showing
So the danger must be growing
Are the fires of Hell a-glowing?
Is the grisly Reaper mowing?

Yes! The danger must be growing
For the rowers keep on rowing
And they're certainly not showing
Any signs that they are slowing

Deleted member 29691

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
My family used to own a candy company, and everyone called me Willy Wonka/Candy Man growing up, so definitely 'The Candy Man' for me. But if that weren't the case, Pure Imagination.

Kinketsu

Nov 17, 2017
Also, how great is Wonka's sarcastic attitude, in this film? Fantastuc.

No, dont. Please...stop....

He is great in the movie obviously, the best thing about it. The music is all pretty fantastic but I went with Imagination because of the way he sings it with a mix of amusement, pride and disinterest as the kids and parents are first introduced to the factory and it is kind of uplifting but I like Golden Ticket and listening to Sammy Davis Jr a lot as a kid has Candy Man stuck in my head. The Oompa Loompa songs / rhymes are fun too but I dont think they are songs I would listen to just on their own.

machine

Oct 25, 2017
Pure Imagination is a great song. I'm also a huge fan of the Lou Rawls version of that song.

MDSVeritas

Gameplay Programmer, Sony Santa Monica
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Pure Imagination is a absolute classic.

Moreover, the song is not only incredible on its own merits, it functions as the theme for the whole movie. To me Willy Wonka and the Chocolate factory is all about balancing two main themes: being a good and decent human being, and believing in the value and beauty in simply dreaming and creating. The song perfectly illustrates the second point.

Oct 27, 2017
NY
Pure Imagination by a landslide. My favorite is the end reprise where Pure Imagination is playing as they are the Wonkavator flying over the city.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Pure Imagination conjures such innocence.

Though kid me wanted to be a candy man so I could just hand out candy to all the kids like he did.

Last edited:

Deleted member 283

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wonderous Boat Ride will always be a personal favorite of mine precisely because of how crazy and hectic and almost entirely out of place it is and how it nonetheless just works anyway, but Pure Imagination is not very far behind whatsoever. I could easily go for either.

ostrichKing

Oct 25, 2017
Wonderous Boat Ride will always be a personal favorite of mine precisely because of how crazy and hectic and almost entirely out of place it is and how it nonetheless just works anyway, but Pure Imagination is not very far behind whatsoever. I could easily go for either.
Wonderous Boat Ride is one of my favorite scenes in any movie...but fav song is hands down Pure Imagination...

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Pure Imagination is the big ticket and obvious winner - it's a lovely track

Personally I voted for Candy Man as there's something about it that strikes a chord about the wonder of it all more subtlely.

Whole soundtrack is baller

XShagrath

Oct 25, 2017
Pure Imagination is great, but I gotta throw my vote to Candy Man.

Only because my cat's name is Clancy, and we always sing that song to him, replacing Candy with his name.

OP
OP
Pilgrimzero

Pilgrimzero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
For everyone who already voted, i changed it to make TWO votes since obviously Pure Imagination is iconic. Just tell it you want to change your vote.

Boxxy

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

I still watch this ad, mostly for the song.

The only answer is Pure Imagination.

hydruxo

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
I almost expected the poll to be Pure Imagination for every choice and nothing else because that's really the only answer. It's the GOAT.

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
yeh its pure imagination, not many songs you can identify with just three notes, this is one of them

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
haha poll results are right on. That song is basically part of the iconography of the film.

Joco

Oct 29, 2017
Pure Imagination is by far the best, Candy Man in a distant second place.

Winston1

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The best non-Pure Imagination choice? Candy Man. I can recite all the lyrics for it.

Also, how great is Wonka's sarcastic attitude, in this film? Fantastic,
**Augustus drowning in the chocolate river**

Wonka - "MY CHOCOLATE! MY BEAUTIFUL CHOCOLATE!"

Mrs. Gloop - "Don't just stand there, do something!"

Wonka - "Help. Police. Murder."