• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheKid

Oct 25, 2017
Bay Area
My dudes, I was out in the lake and got a nasty sun burn. I usually use gentle soap but I'm house sitting and used their soap which smelled great but then got the worst pain in my life all over my skin. I ran into the shower again washed off with some cold water. I have applied aloe Vera but it ain't doing nothin and I can't sit still. Anybody got some tips?? I've never been in this much pain before lmao

Autumn

Avenger
Apr 1, 2018
Aloe vera. Ethnic markets sell the whole leaf or try a health food store for the juice/slime.

May 19, 2020
cold shower then aloe vera. cold washcloth as needed, ibuprofen as needed. that's all you can do. it sucks but you've learned an important lesson about sunscreen

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
Had one a few weeks ago. Cold showers, drinking lots of water, and chugging ibuprofen helped me. On third day I came down with terrible itching that I was screaming in pain. Had to go to doctor and they gave me a steroid shot and benadryl shot, which eased it immediately. If you start itching painfully really bad, I would take some benadryl too, as it helped me.

Hedge

Oct 26, 2017
Had a bad one last week. I was so desperate I tried a technique I read online about using menthol foam shaving cream on it. It definitely reduces the redness but didn't feel like it made a difference for the discomfort.

Just need to drink a lot of water and ibuprofen. I found aloe vera to work for like 15min and then wear off

Maximus2560

Banned
Sep 28, 2020
Aloe Vera/Ibuprofen....put on a cold wet! Longsleeve and long sweatpants(if legs too) and sit/lie infront of a fan and repeat

Kindekuma

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Take an Advil for pain
Follow up with aloe Vera and then moisturize.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
OP said he applied aloe and every response is aloe.

All the things listed can help but, like a bad hangover, time is the ultimate arbiter of a bad sunburn. I say this as an expert in bad sunburns.

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
Vinegar. Apply every hour or as needed. You'll smell but it'll help. Use the aloe before bed.

Xeno

Oct 25, 2017
Aloe gel with lidocaine. Store the bottle in the fridge.
This has always done it for me. The aloe cools, moisturizes, and protects, lidocaine is a topical pain reliever.

Regular aloe without lidocaine won't really relieve the pain. As others have suggested, you could try an oral pain reliever.

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
If you are in pain cold water is the thing that will help you the most. Don't be afraid of putting some leggings or something, getting in the shower with cold water and then just having a fan.
In the end, apart from that and drugs there's not much you can do, I'm sorry. Take care of your skin!

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Lots of cold baths on top of the usual remedies. Aloe Vera is your best bet, but lavender essential oil helps too.

andrew

Oct 25, 2017
Super pale person here currently nursing a light burn on the part of my back I couldn't reach when reapplying.

Listen to those saying lidocaine and acetaminophen/ibuprofen. Aloe has a nice cooling effect but for truly bad sunburns you're going to want a topical pain reliever. I've usually found lidocaine sprays in drugstores, those help a lot.

Otherwise I prefer to sleep with clothes not on the affected area. Apply aloe throughout the day and the pain reliever at night. Wait it out and wear even more sunscreen next time.

Deleted member 35631

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 8, 2017
Like everyone said, Aloe Vera is great. Also drink a lot of water, but also get a body cream that it's for extremely dry skin. I used one that the brand is Lubriderm. I don't know if they sell it where you live, but it also work for bad sunburns.