• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dark_Castle

Oct 27, 2017
User Warned: Driveby post
giphy.gif

superNESjoe

Developer at Limited Run Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
It only ever came out on Dreamcast (outside Japan) so you don't exactly have options.

You need a Dreamcast, the mic, and the game. Cheapest video option of good quality is to just use a CRT.

chrisypoo

Oct 27, 2017
I love Seaman OP, and when I got my Dreamcast set up in the bedroom going I knew Seaman had to be part of the show. I wish I had better news, but I had to pick up a mic and the game off eBay, and the folks selling appliances for Dreamcast on there are pretty much just vultures, but they're still out there. The game supports VGA for a clean 480p signal by the way, but you'll wanna pick up a VGA box if you go that route. Best of luck OP!

Deleted member 4372

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Years ago I bought a DC used and Seaman, just so I could play it. It intrigued me and reading about it and watching videos wasn't enough to satiate my gameplay desires. OP, I fully support your endeavor to play this relic.

Opposable

Oct 25, 2017
Is it responsive? Some people consider Hey You Pikachu as being one of the worst N64 games made as it barely recognises microphone audio

Woylie

May 9, 2018
This seems like one of those games that is just lost to time because of the hardware. Same for Hey You Pikachu. I don't believe anyone has really cracked making these games emulatable or playable with microphone support.

I remember seeing a project to emulate/improve Hey You Pikachu's speech parsing capabilities a long time ago, but I don't know if it ever got off the ground.

EDIT: Not sure if this helps you with Seaman at all, but it looks like someone has actually created a solution for Hey You Pikachu. I'd imagine that game probably got a lot more support from the emulation scene because of the Pokemon connection.

Last edited:

Einherjer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
It works in Demul with microphone support and everything:

Since i saw it mentioned above Hey You Pikachu can be fully emulated as well btw so emulation saves the day again and preserves obscure games for the future.

Last edited:

Kinn

Oct 28, 2017
Is it playable on the android DC emulator? Would be great to play it on the go.