• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DanteLinkX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What is that video that you keep coming back to? that perfectly reminds you of your favorite games or its simply a joy to watch for you? be it a trailer/Ad, an official/fan gameplay video, a certain cutscene (prologue, intro, ending, etc), a video you uploaded yourself, etc.

Here are my 2 picks for today:

Devil May Cry 3: Hell Sloth is Dead (Fan combo video):

This video was released on the perfect storm, it almost single handedly created an unofficial cult of gameplay/combo videos for DMC3 (which at the time was the absolute total king of action games, your imagination was the limit when it came to combos in this game). The music, the fast paced action, the genius/creativity/skill showcase of the combos, even if you don't know about dmc3 you might enjoy this video.

I know I have watched it a bazillion times already and whenever I want a throw back to such era I end up watching it again (even if the combos aren't as impressing as they were at the time).

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater - Soldier of Fortune (Fan Music Video)

I loved this game way too much on ps2 era, its the first game that made me cry, its story is way too touching, then I randomly found this video while browsing around for music videos of games, and this is definitely spot on, this song fits it way too perfectly and the editing is just perfect IMO, as if it was almost official.

Note: These videos are almost from 15 years ago, so the quality is not that great (240p at best) and this is the only mirrors I could find. (Would love to know if there are highter quality copies around)

So era, what are yours?

Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
I saw a Dragon Quest XI review on YouTube the other day that instantly made me go buy the game.

I've only put about 10 hours into the game so far but it's already feeling like it'll be one of my favorite games ever, and that review is definitely the best I've ever watched. I think it's saying much that I bought the game on my Switch while the video was still playing - I hadn't even finished watching and I was already sold, despite never having played any DQ in my life.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Wow, never played this game before but this looks awesome, I am interested on it now.
This might sound weird ... you will never play as fast or as efficient as that video, but you will feel as fast and as efficient as that video while playing. It's an incredible game once you get dialed-in and focused.