• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TrueSloth

Oct 27, 2017
I've been obsessing over the movie soundtrack these past couple days and I'm curious what songs the fans think are the best.

My favorite are:
youtu.be

Steven Universe | Stronger Than You | Cartoon Network

Here's Garnet in Jailbreak singing Stronger Than You.Subscribe to the Cartoon Network UK YouTube channel:https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user...

youtu.be

Independent Together Song | Steven Universe the Movie | Cartoon Network

Pearl joins Steg for "Independent Together" in Steven Universe the Movie.Listen to Steven Universe the Movie soundtrack here! 👉 https://lnk.to/SUmovie.Lyric...

But there are so many good ones.

timshundo

CANCEL YOUR AMAZON PRIME
Oct 27, 2017
CA
I know it's short and get's kinda lost in the movie but this little tune has stuck so hard. I hum it all the time. It doesn't even make me cry anymore.

Also the little ditty from today's ep sounded great, can't wait to hear it again.

Also Also I posted Here Comes A Thought on slack at my old job and everyone loved it, no one had seen the show before.

Last edited:

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

I haven't actually watched much of the show, but these for sure have always enticed me to make that happen sooner rather than later. Here Comes a Thought in particular got some tears out of me, and I don't even know the full context for it lol

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't actually watched much of the show, but these for sure have always enticed me to make that happen sooner rather than later. Here Comes a Thought in particular got some years out of me, and I don't even know the full context for it lol

It's such a fantastic and emotionally resonant show. Story-wise it doesn't really get moving until 25 episodes in, but I'd stick with it.

Rocky Road

Jun 1, 2018
Here Comes a Thought is definitely my all time favorite, most Garnet songs in general tend to be pretty up there for me. I really like Do It For Her though, probably my second favorite. I'd sing it pretty often in the car for a while. The Peridot song from Season 2 I always forget the name of is pretty great too, I remember learning it on ukulele a few years ago.

timshundo

CANCEL YOUR AMAZON PRIME
Oct 27, 2017
CA
I think the harder question to answer is what's the worst steven universe song???

edit: my vote goes to

as well as the newer song with Sadie and Shep... did not do anything for me :/

Last edited:

MDSVeritas

Gameplay Programmer, Sony Santa Monica
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
You won
and she chose you
and she loved you
and she's gone.

It's over, isn't it...
Why can't I move on?

This song touches on emotions even some incredibly mature shows can't quite capture. It was the first time in the series when I was truly blown away by the sheer humanity the show contains, in all it's touching and tragic complexity.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I listen to the SU soundtracks literally every day. If not in the car then at my desk at work. It just makes me so happy to listen to.

It's hard to pick favorites because there's songs that I think are best and songs I like to listen to the most. But I have to start with the one that blew my mind when I saw the sequence for the first time.

This entire episode is one of the best in the series, if not the absolute best, and a triumph of storytelling, in my opinion. The animosity and discomfort between Greg and Pearl simmering for so many episodes across three seasons just made sense and I didn't really expect it to change or get broken open like this. This is the most music heavy episode in the series but this song was such a revelation to me. This isn't an 11 minute cartoon. This is Broadway. I love it. Such a tremendous song and an incredible payoff to something you've always known from watching the show finally expressed so powerfully by one of its most complex characters.

But my favorites so just listen to in the car or at work at Full Disclosure from the end of season one (I love the use of diegetic sound), Independent Together (from the movie, and the OP of course), and Happily Ever After (also from the movie).

In addition, although it hasn't been officially released yet in its entirety, Sadie and Shep's song ("Moving Forward"?) is wonderful and moving.

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
Stronger Than You.

If the whole show had followed the trajectory of that first season it would have been right up there with Breaking Bad & TNG.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Definitely Here Comes A Thought for me, just encapsulates why I love this series so much and why Garnet is one of if not my favorite characters of all time.

Melkezadek

Oct 27, 2017
I don't watch Steven Universe, but my wife does religiously, and I still find myself emotional when I hear these songs. There is something so sincere about the vocal performances and even if I don't know all the story beats and motivations of the characters, I can feel it.

Going to have to start watching this show because I'm already a fan.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2017
Minnesota
My favorite is "Familiar." It's such an exceptional way for Steven to come to the conclusions he did, fire himself up, and then proceed to save the day in a very Steven fashion.

Ginger Hail

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's hard to choose favorites. So many good ones have already been posted, multiple times even. I'll just give Independent Together another shout out since it's one of my recent favorites.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't make me choose!

But it'll always be Stronger Than You. Seeing that episode for the first time was a revelation.

Gwenpoolshark

Jan 5, 2018
The Pool

It's over isn't it maybe isn't a banger like the others, but I'll be damned if it isn't the most impressive accomplishment of the whole show. I can't believe this show managed to encapsulate all of the adult emotions associated with both a bisexual love triangle and the feelings associated with raising a child of someone who's no longer there. Just an incredible act of empathy and emotional intelligence.

Haruko

Oct 25, 2017

does this count? (it's a very good remix of Drifting Away; lyrics are from Missingno's perspective of the King For Another Day tournament)

Retromess

Teyvat Traveler
Nov 9, 2017
VERY tough choice, since so many of them are amazing, but I really think this is my favorite:

It's so uplifting and happy and positive, and I no crap listen to this almost every day while at work. Things are terrible and bad in the world but this show, and this song, help me to get through it.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Also

I appreciate the similarities to the song Just the Two of Us

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I don't need respect me
I respect me
I don't need you to love me
I love me
But I want you to know
You can know me
If you change your mind

Low key compared to many of the others but to me this is the point of the show. I don't go to you for validation because I am my own validation.

But if you are willing to change and accept me for who and what I am, you can be part of my life.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Not my favorite (those were already mentioned), but I love "No Matter What".

VERY tough choice, since so many of them are amazing, but I really think this is my favorite:

It's so uplifting and happy and positive, and I no crap listen to this almost every day while at work. Things are terrible and bad in the world but this show, and this song, help me to get through it.

Deedee Magno Hall's part is also fucking incredible.

DickGrayson

Alt Account
Jan 30, 2020
Anytime Pearl has a song. Do it For Her and It's Over Isn't It are my favs but I also have a soft spot for Boot.pearl_final cause it's hilarious.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
If i try to pretend to some objectivity id feel obligated to say "its over", but really its "stronger than you", its just feels so damn good.

Also you should really add a poll.