• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Which Games have the best soundtracks? For me, it's Sonic and Kingdom Hearts for top two

MadMod

Dec 4, 2017
Olli Olli 2 was great, NMS too. :P

Mention to Max Payne 3.

All deserve a listen!

Bjoern

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Chrono Trigger and the original NieR both have perfect soundtracks that never get old and don't have a single bad or boring song in them.

killer7

Banned
Nov 22, 2018
- Resident Evil Rebirth
- Resident Evil 2
- Silent Hill
- Silent Hill 2
- Shadow of the Colossus
- Bioshock
- Bioshock Infinite
- Medal of Honor Frontline
- Alan Wake

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
The best of the best of the best (of the best)...

Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII
Shenmue
Shenmue 2
Jet Set Radio
Ristar
Sonic 3
Gravity Rush
Gravity Rush 2
Vib Ribbon
Silent Hill 2
ICO

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
Shin Megami Tensei IV's soundtrack is ridiculous

Even the throwaway tracks you hear for a few minutes ever are straight fire.

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
I feel like we get this thread every few months are so :P Destiny, Journey, The Last of Us, Persona 5 and Nier Automata are my favorite ones that i actually bought to listen to them all the time.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Chrono Trigger (SNES)
Mystic Quest Legend (SNES)
Prince of Persia (SNES)
Akumajo Dracula (X68000)
Monkey Island 2 (PC)
Streets of Rage 2 (MD)
Story of Thor (MD
Sonic 3 (MD)
Breath of Fire 3 (PSX)
Chrono Cross (PSX)
Shining The Holy Ark (Saturn)
Xenoblade (Wii)

Way too much awesome game music out there. Anything by Yuzo Koshiro, Koji Kondo or Yasunori Mitsuda is almost certainly superb

Last edited:

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Persona 3-5 (those are the ones in the series I played). Hard for me to narrow it down to just 1 without listening to them all again, though perhaps I'd give a slight edge to Persona 5 if I had to pick just one. Beneath the Mask (and its multiple versions) and Rivers in the Desert are some of my favorite songs from the series.

FFXIV is another one I like a lot, though perhaps a bit unfair to compare to other game soundtracks when XIV has been getting new music for the past 5-6 years due to expansions. It made me really happy when the soundtrack recently showed up on Spotify, and I've been enjoying listening through it all again (even though I've already heard some of the songs at least a hundred times in-game).

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Destiny's music continues to be snubbed by the industry continues to baffle me to no end.

cheesekao

Dec 1, 2017
Gravity Rush 1 & 2's soundtrack are simply sublime. From whimsical to heroic to jazz, Kohei Tanaka's score synergizes perfectly with the game's visuals. I knew the soundtrack was gonna be something special the first time I heard this tune.

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
Much of my shortlist (except Undertale apparently?) will assuredly be mentioned a ton of times in here, so I'll go another spot deeper and mention the wonderful music from the tragically underappreciated Wandersong, which has a fantastic, sprawling soundtrack (pt1, pt2) that evolves along with the game as you progress through it.

captainmal01

Oct 28, 2017
Too many to think about for long, so off the top of my head:

Blood pumping, frenetic, calming, remorse, it has it all.

Exploring the rooftops with music in the background is a large reason why this is one of my favorite games. Just enhances the game so well, and is easy to listen to outside the game.

2 selections of the best WOW has to offer. One eerie and perfectly highlights a nation's fall from grace, the other a sense of adventure in a hostile land.

KentP

Oct 28, 2017
I think I said Chrono Cross the last time this subject came up, but to add to that...

Fez and Celeste both have fantastic soundtracks

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
CARSyFF.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
For those who like classical osts: Nobunaga's Ambition Taishi. Kinda reminds me of mid-last-century classical music but with a strong Asian touch.
It blew my mind how a niche gaming series like Nobunaga could get such a high profile musical production.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Castlevania
Final Fantasy
Persona

Those are the ones I could listen to outside of the game.