• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hierophant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
What's the best Rockstar game?

It has to be Red Dead Redemption right?

I was just thinking about how I wanted to play it again but I sold my PS3 ages ago so I can't and I'm sad now.

I just think about it and how it's leagues above any GTA game I've played (especially in writing and story)

StuBurns

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Yeah, Red Dead. The Lost and Damned is a personal favourite of mine too. I also think very highly of Bully.

Bond

Oct 27, 2017
London, UK

And...... It sadly will never get a sequel. Rockstar Games has made some gigantic video games, but the smaller scope made of Bullworth made each character feel alive. Paying homage to High School life, while telling a story about the underdog trying to make his way into adulthood. An underrated gem, which needs respect for what it did so differently.

Give us a sequel dammit! #JimmyReturns

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
vice city

giphy.gif

OP
OP
Hierophant

Hierophant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
Oh yeah Bully was pretty good too, actually Rockstar used to release ace games all the time and yet Red Dead 2 is going to be their first current generation game that isn't a remake.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Red Dead Redemption or Vice City.
I really dislike GTA V and how actually it regressed on many things compared to previous games.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
Bully or red dead for me. Bully is ALWAYS installed on my pc. Always. I never know if I want to replay it or just tool around bulworth.

Same thing with red dead. I have almost every xbox game that is available on steam on my pc. I sold nearly all my 360 games except for red dead.

Bushido

Senior Game Designer
Verified
Feb 6, 2018
Red Dead Redemption. I've bought every single GTA just to marvel at what they're doing there, the world building, level of detail and the whole shebang, but the gameplay itself never hooks me for some reason. RDR on the other hand...outstanding game from start to finish.

quotethis

Banned
Jan 21, 2018
RDR and it's not even close. I may have said it was close with GTA V, but the writing/story is so much better in RDR. They also toned down things like bullet damage in GTA V compared to MP3 and RDR. Like...why? That shit was awesome. lol

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
My personal favorites are GTA San Andreas and Red Dead Redemption. They have my favorite stories, favorite characters and favorite worlds they ever created

Magoo

Oct 28, 2017
UK
30uqzdc.jpg

I'll always have a soft spot for The Warriors. It was a great additional piece to the film by fleshing it all out.

Last edited:

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
GTA 4. Finished it 4 times, spent over 500 hours with the game and love it to death. The atmosphere, the physics back then, the humor, the characters... I loved every bit.

PSOreo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
San Andreas is number one for me but Red Dead would take it if it didn't run like shit on my PS3.

Ryukori

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
This is a tough choice, but I think I'm going to go with Bully. It was such a great concept, but it sucks that there hasn't been a sequel yet.

GuEiMiRrIRoW

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Gta 5 or red dead rendemption.

Ps: totally forgot about bully.

These 3 are great. Reaaaaaaaly great games.

I dont like ps2 gta games and i hated gta4.

Oct 27, 2017
I love them all equally apart from GTA5 which is shit. If I had to choose one of them then it has to be Manhunt not because it is the best one as every game they made are great so I will choose Manhunt because it is the most underrated game they made.

Deleted member 38573

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 17, 2018
It's Bully or San Andreas. Vice City, 3, 5 and Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition are classics too.

RDR is a borefest and my hype for the sequel is at zero

Wiped

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Cue thread full of 'hilarious' contrarians posting Table Tennis, Bully and DS Chinatown Wars

It's probably Vice City, San Andreas or GTA V let's be honest.

sneaky_sam

Oct 28, 2017
GTA San Andreas - best soundtrack combined with a crazy ass story about 90's gangbangers who ends up running James Bond style missions for the CIA. Fucking amazing game.