• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Neilunik

Jan 23, 2018
Persona 5 of course (so many bangers)

I think SFV is primo, it's even better than SF3.3 (or is it?). Character and stage themes are so good... (Frosty Boulevard when you need to close the round is insane)

Funkybee

Feb 20, 2019
Nr.1 being Chrono Cross and the following without any order:

Chrono trigger
Octopath traveler
Nier Gestalt/Automata
Final Fantasy 8
Furi
Child Of Light
Ori (both 1st & 2nd)
Captain Tsubasa 1 & 2 NES
Mighty Final Fight NES

Could go on far longer but these are at the top of my head.

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
It's Bloodborne including the extra DLC tracks. The Ludwig theme, what else can be said? It's masterful.

JCal

Oct 27, 2017
Los Alfheim
I've narrowed it down to just two: Symphony of the Night and Final Fantasy VI.

That's it; I can't go any further, lol.

Pyroblazer

Oct 30, 2017
Persona 5 Royal and Donkey Kong Country 2 for me.

Special shoutout to Undertale, NieR Automata (also the first NieR), Donkey Country 1 and TF, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Super Mario Galaxy, The Witcher 3, Xenoblade Chronicles 1+2 and The Wind Waker

Billy Awesomo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
New York, New York
Greatest OST of all time has to be Super Smash Brothers Ultimate, although that might be cheating cause its like all the video games almost. For me My favorite sound track is probably:

1. Mario 2
2. KOF98/Real Bout Fatal Fury 2
3. Tetris NES/Gameboy
4. Metal Gear Solid 1,2,3
5. Final Fantasy 6
6. Chrono Trigger
7. Final Fantasy VII
8. Super Mario 3D world
9. Legend of Zelda between two worlds
10. Sonic 2
11. Street Fighter Alpha2
12. Busta Groove 1/Parapa the Rapper

Bungie

Oct 31, 2017
None of these come close to Halo 2

It's on a different level imo

www.youtube.com

Halo 2 Classic: Complete Soundtrack

Disclaimer: Please note that I do not own the music in this video. The full soundtrack of Halo 2 has been included for the purposes of entertainment and educ...

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
nidhogg is one of my fav games ever, buying immediately thank u
The game itself is pretty abstract, like a physics puzzle platformer without the platforms. I think I've probably died thousands of times tracing the perfect line through each level but the soundtrack is a top-tier mix of legit 2010s D&B / jungle / breakcore / IDM artists I could listen to endlessly.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
This isn't really a head scratcher for me. I don't need to make a list of 20 games or anyting.
It's FTL. Just cool as fuck music that I actually enjoy listening to despite it being a video game OST.

Jetsun Mila

Apr 7, 2021
Thomas Dvorak is one of the best composers out there and barely anyone knows him.

Also Crystal Chronicles, best soundtrack in the Final Fantasy series, ny Kumi Tanioka. Shame she didn't do much after that.

Jetsun Mila

Apr 7, 2021
And also fucking Evergrace boiiiiiiiie

YOu can't tell me that guy isn't a visionary, he practically lives 50 years ahead of us

kiaaa

Oct 27, 2017
Probably unfair, but FFXIV. If I had to pick an expansion, Shadowbringers, but I haven't finished Endwalker yet, so that could top it.

KomandaHeck

Oct 26, 2017
Silent Hill 2

I'll usually position this at number one, although there's obviously a lot of other fantastic soundtracks out there nipping at its heels. Just a few off the top of my head include Outer Wilds, Ace Combat, Disco Elysium, Streets of Rage, Shadow of the Colossus, FFVIII...

Anim

Oct 29, 2017
Either Chrono Cross or Xenogears for me. Funnily enough, I'm listening to the latter at this very moment:

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
403634.jpg
Det finns ingen ost utan en osthyvel