• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Best Netflix show?

• Black Mirror

• Bojack Horseman

• Daredevil

• Narcos

• Orange Is The New Black

• Stranger Things

• Other (specify in your post)

Results are only viewable after voting.

MDSVeritas

Gameplay Programmer, Sony Santa Monica
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Gotta go with Devilman
tenor.gif

Sense8 and Bojack aren't far behind.

Paz

Nov 1, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
Literally the first person to vote for Narcos, feels bad man.

Other shows have higher highs but Narcos is the only one that just seems to get better with each season, and still started strong.

For some reason I don't think of Bojack as a Netflix show even tho it is, but it's clearly the best.

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Can't pick one. There are too many.

Just off the top of my head some more shows:

Love
Lovesick/Scrotal Recall
One Day at a Time
Terrace House
On my block
Dear white people
Master of none

Last edited:

Deleted member 20603

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Is the Voltron remake considered Netflix? I...fucking loved that show. But I also l enjoyed Daredevil, Punisher, Stranger Things, Ozark, Narcos, etc. Can't wait to dive into something new

Apr 8, 2018
I'd say Stranger Things. Bojack Horseman, Aggretsuko, and American Vandal (RIP) would probably be right behind it.

louiedog

Oct 25, 2017
Bojack for me.

The OA is doing weird and different things. The second season really opened up and changed from the first one. When I started watching it I wasn't always on board with parts of it, but they made it all work and I'm along for the strange ride.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
The Last Kingdom

Runners up:

Mindhunter
Stranger Things
Santa Clarita Diet
Chilling Adventures of Sabrina
Black Mirror

OP
OP
Montresor

Montresor

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I don't even think 4 of the top 5 were on this poll. Ozark, Last Kingdom, Altered Carbon, and GLOW.

Black Mirror is the only one I'd keep on but that is gonna lose votes because of the "um actually, that's a channel 4 show" rules lawyers.

I'm very happy that The Last Kingdom is getting love. That show has so many interesting characters.

jvm

Oct 27, 2017
For sheer quality of writing and style, A Series of Unfortunate Events simply cannot be beaten. Ace show all around.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Definitely not orange is the new black. After season 3 they milked it, dragged out the story.

Oct 27, 2017
Black Mirror isn't original Netflix programming.

Also forgot Mindhunter, Sex Education and Haunting of Hill House in your poll options. Ozark too.

Black Mirror would be my pick if it were a Netflix original. Stranger Things is also quite good.

Tough to choose.

Phendrana

Oct 26, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
BoJack Horseman is fantastic and gets my vote, but Dark (german sci-fi thriller) isn't far behind.

Russian Doll and Stranger Things are also really really good. Netflix makes good TV.

SoundCheck

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Bojack is easily one of the greatest TV shows of all time. It's one of the most real representations of depression and self-destructive behavior i've ever seen in any medium, despite being a parody with talking animals.

Black mirror best episodes were when it isn't a Netflix series.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
Haunting of Hill House is the GOAT. Fight me. Just masterful cinematography and directing.

Next is Stranger Things and 13 Reasons Why.

take_marsh

Oct 27, 2017
Bojack Horseman for sure. I don't often rewatch seasons for a new season, but it got that from me. So well written and funny and dark and depressing and real.

Stranger Things might be up there. That S2 episode with the outcasts... ugh. That first season was absolute fire though. Loved it so much.

TheLucasLite

Aug 27, 2018
GLOW gang checking in.

Sex Education is also very good.

Edit: I forgot about The Crown! The Crown wins.

Ramsiege

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
No mention of On My Block? For shame.

This is the right answer.

For a forum that loves to tout how progressive it is, y'all sure don't watch many shows with diverse casts, going by the majority of responses here and the OT's for shows with diverse casts being largely deserted or ignored.

Do yourselves a favor, everyone, please watch On My Block. We already lost One Day at a Time (which was another great show that just recently was cancelled but dealt with many important subjects), don't want to lose another great, diverse show.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would say Stranger Things, but I was really impressed with The Crown's two seasons and I'm really looking forward to the third. So, The Crown for me with Stranger Things a close 2nd.