• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

dock

Game Designer
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
What are the best mobile games for iOS and Android that support bluetooth gamepads like the 8bitdo zero? Ideally something simple like Mario but relatively unforgiving.

This is for a gift/recommendation for a friend's birthday and they haven't played games much in a while.

I just tried Sonic 2 but the 8bitdo Zero gamepad mapping seems broken, and Super Cat Tales 2 and Total Party Kill both have no gamepad support at all.

Bomblord

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 11, 2018
Looks like Stardew Valley has controller support it's not unforgiving but definitely simple.

COD Mobile and PUBG too those can be unforgiving but not particularly simple

Wonderboy and the Dragontrap shows controller support and that fits your requirements to a T.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
There are plenty of RPG's that also support Controllers, most noticeably the Final Fantasy 3D Remasters like FF8 and FF9. I think the Dragon Quest Games also support controllers.

I don't play with controllers on mobile very often though, so I have little personal experience.

BennyWhatever

Oct 27, 2017
US
Siralim 3 definitely does. I was playing it just the other day with a controller (though it does control great with touch gamepad too). That's a fantastic RPG that leans heavily on building your own team of cohesive skills.

fetus8

May 21, 2018
Colorado
Hyper Light Drifter on iOS has controller support.

I know Chrono Trigger on iOS has it too. I imagine a lot of the Square ports have it too.

On android, most of the good emulators support real controllers too. I've been playing PS1 games on ePSXe with an Xbox One controller with built in support.

Gray

Oct 25, 2017
A couple that come to mind on iOS: Dead Cells, Door Kickers: Action Squad, PAKO 2, Grimvalor, Pascal's Wager, Castlevania: SOTN, Hyper Light Drifter.