• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rirse

Jun 29, 2019
I have some Christmas specials I bought on Itunes that I want to convert to be usable outside of Itunes but of course the ones I find on google are useless 'free' one that have a 5 minute trial that are beyond useless. What a actual method to convert that doesn't require some license when I am only doing this once.

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
Not to hijack this thread, but my father in law has an iPod with music we moved from an old MP3 player and I need to change that music to MP3 again.

That Handbrake program will do that?

OP
OP
Rirse

Rirse

Jun 29, 2019
Handbrake is the correct answer regardless of OS. Works on Windows, Mac and Linux 😊

Not sure it'll handle DRMed files if that's what the OP is trying to convert, though.

Doesn't seem to recognize DRM files. And of course google result for removing DRM is just the useless trial softwares.

NekoFever

Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't seem to recognize DRM files. And of course google result for removing DRM is just the useless trial softwares.
Yeah, I hate that. I find the best way to avoid the SEO spam is to search Reddit or larger, reputable forums (MacRumors is a good one for Apple-related stuff) because at least then you get real people sharing info.

Trying that I see people saying that Tuneskit works, but it's not free and I can't personally vouch for it.

Roberto Duran

Oct 25, 2017
Tuneskit definitely works on Windows, but you can only download 1080p (may have changed in the past few months, but I doubt it).

Nov 18, 2020
Tuneskit (which is not free) is your only option to decrypt the DRM from iTunes m4v files. And even then, Tuneskit only works with iTunes 12.7.5.9.

If you can strip them of DRM, they'll work fine outside of iTunes. THEN you can apply Handbrake for transcoding if you desire. But otherwise it's useless.