• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Best main menu music

• Pictionary (NES) - Main menu theme

Votes: 55 70.5%
  • Main menu theme - Pictionary (NES)

Votes: 59 75.6%

• Total voters

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
I love the main menu music of addon-less witcher 3:

It gets replaced with other music when you have DLC, those are also good but I like the original the best.

Wolfgunblood

Dec 1, 2017
The Land
Tales of Berseria

I usually let it loop at least 10 times before hitting start. It sets the mood so well.

Into Free. The Dragons Dogma main menu music.

Oh man this hits my nostalgia hard. I haven't played Dragon's Dogma since the original release, and I didn't play Dark Arisen. For me this song is in the DNA of the game. I would wait for the song to finish every time I booted it up, it got me so hyped up to play. That half time breakdown at the end is so sick.

McNum

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Denmark
Why do I have to be the one to post Baba Yetu this far into the thread? Y'all are slacking!

Baba Yetu - Cilivlization IV

Because when I post good Main Menu music, I post the one that has won a Grammy.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
Dark Souls III was fantastic. It's Yuka Kitamura blasting Sakuraba out of the room with her music and taking control of the soundtrack from him. Motoi hee-haw indeed.

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
Can't choose just one, but all my favorites have already been posted in this thread except one. FFX-2, Halo 3, FarCry 5, Life is Strange, and I'm going to add Guild Wars Factions.

dtamago

Feb 1, 2019
Somnus in Final Fantasy XV just give me chills, I hope the rest of the game was as good.

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Shenmue 1 and 2's is nostalgia incarnate. Same for Ocarina of Time and Metal Gear Solid 1's as well as Sonic the Hedgehog.

SMT3's is also really nice. Meguro is so good at menu themes.

Wetwork

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Colorado

Or

Probably my top two. I always remember Bad Company, and Halo 3 is one of the standout games to define my teenage years

Deleted member 29237

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017

Bought DOOM (2016) on release day when no reviews were out, just a few forum posts saying it was better than expected. I hadn't thought much of the Beta, and the gameplay videos (with exception of the Nvidia one) weren't good. Then heard the start of this theme and realised I might be in for something good.