• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jegriva

Banned
Sep 23, 2019
Since all 3 titles are on sale, but I am in a bit of backlog-phobia, which game is the best to start with the universe?

I remember at the time that every game is radically different from each other. Is 2 enjoyable even playing solo?

Navidson REC

Oct 31, 2017
I really liked the first one back in the day. 2 seemed like a cool concept but I never really got around to it except that demo. Heard surprisingly good things about 3, but haven't tried it yet.

First time hearing about EX Troopers, huh.

Deleted member 1627

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lost Planet.
Lost Planet 2.

Both are fucking awesome. My biggest regret with 2 was not having a crew to run with but man is it stupid, stupid fun when you manage to hit 4 players.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
I tried the first in the series just recently and I did not enjoy it at all with my 2019 eyes. It feels very clunky, has confusing objectives and boils down to going places and shooting a hundred of the same enemy. I still play plenty of old PS360 games but this one I did not enjoy at all. I normally don't like shitting on games but I think you should reconsider giving the series a shot in 2019. I tried doing just that myself and ended up with the worst game I have played in a long time.

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
1 is great solo.
2 is allegedly good in coop, I played it solo and it was alright but I thought it really lacked mechs compared to 1. They were all in the multi but you practically didn't have any in the campaign except a light exoskeleton and very large multi pilot ones.
I played 3 but it's radically different. Seemed well made but I didn't like it.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Lost Planet 2 IMHO is still plenty of fun solo but there are some levels that are clearly designed with COOP in mind.

That being said it's the best game in the series and it really needs a true sequel. One of the best COOP games ever.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
1 is solid, 3 is decent.

Haven't played 2 but that's because people say not to bother with it unless you have someone to play with.

Ze_Shoopuf

Jun 12, 2018
Lost Planet 1 (Colonies) was some of the best multiplayer I've ever played.
The transforming mechs are fun, plus the modes where you can play as the monsters are a neat change.
The grappling hook mechanic is brilliant, because it adds so much to verticality.

Funkybee

Feb 20, 2019
I enjoyed the heck out of the 1st one in solo mode. It was a new thing st the time and the atmosphere was amazing. Played 2 & 3 as well solo but the 1st stuck with me memories wise. I can barely remember much about the 2nd or 3rd.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
I only played 3, is not a good game but it has some cool moments and interesting narrative. It has the same writers as the new God of War and while the story is kinda generic is very well told with some human touches that are really cool.

Deleted member 1238

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lost Planet 2 is the best one, but you really need to play it co-op. If you can't get a full party of 4 it might be worth skipping. But if you can find three others to join up with you it's seriously one of the beat co-op games of all time.

Oct 27, 2017
2 was fun with my buddy but I actually really enjoyed the first game. Tried a bit of 3 and didn't get into it. Just play 1 and I think you'll be fine.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
I did LP1 and EX Troopers. I liked both of them but the games have basically nothing in common. EX Troopers might as well be a new IP (I consider it one honestly).

EX Troopers is one of the best games on the PS3 though, so definitely play that. LP1 is pretty good too, but nothing special.

Gush

Nov 17, 2017
Lost Planet is pretty good but nothing special. Lost Planet 2 in co-op is fantastic.

Oct 31, 2017
Since all 3 titles are on sale, but I am in a bit of backlog-phobia, which game is the best to start with the universe?

The first one.

The sequel should be played in coop.

The third one has some MP component but the best part is the SP campaign, even though it can be pretty rough.

Then you have EX Troopers. Must play if you wanna try an arcade-like Lost Planet!

If you only wanna play two LP games, I would go with LP1 and EX Troopers ;)

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
LP1 for sure, 2 if you have a crew, EX Troopers for the ultimate win.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Seriously Capcom.

Make Lost Planet 2 - 2

You not only have the technology but I feel like LP2 was almost too early? Like it had it's problems but man it is still one of the best coop games last gen.

MrDoctor

Oct 26, 2017
USA
start with the first one and forget the rest. lp2 was one of the best games at the time, but good luck still finding a community today.

MonadL

Oct 25, 2017
LP1 is a great start. If you have friends then LP2 is the best co-op game ever made.