• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Best looking console this gen

• OG Xbox

• Xbox One S

• Xbox One X

• OG PS4

• PS4 slim

• PS4 Pro

• Switch

Results are only viewable after voting.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
Couldn't include the WiiU since choices are limited to 7, and yes I know it's controversial whether the Switch is 8th generation or not so let's act like it's for this thread.

PlayStation4_g_03__1_.0.0.1487687506.0.jpg

VDpd6g8cLoFCiHc6gfowTh-768-80.jpg

Xbox-One-X_Console-Controller_Hrz_Family_Mirror_White-and-Black.jpg

H2x1_NSwitch_support_no_logo.jpg

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
brbusingimagination.jiff

XB One
1600px-Microsoft-Xbox-One-Console-Set-wKinect.jpg

XB One S
xbox-one-s-all-digital-front.jpg

XB One X

579fa122-7ebf-43a3-a53a-58ba27805ba5.png

2880px-PS4-Console-wDS4.jpg

PS4 Slim

71PGvPXpk5L._SL1500_.jpg

PS4 Pro

PlayStation-4-Pro-1TB

Swotch

71lfEWM9AYL._SL1500_.jpg

Switch Lite

gear_switch-lite.jpg

Last edited:

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
the switch lite is p nice looking imo

the rounded, full matte newer ps4s are nifty too

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
The Xbox One X for being sleek and compact. Before that it was the OG PS4, not a fan of the new rounded designs on the Slim and Pro.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
The PS Slim. So minimalistic and it's also the one I own.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
I'd say Xbox One S but I haven't seen an XBX in real life. I like the sleek white design.

All that said, I feel like this gen the consoles were just...Meh in design, nothing really stood out.

Not that it's important mind you, hardware and cooling (I REALLY hope the big 3 pay more importance to cooling next gen) will always be the priority. But just a thought.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not that into how any of the consoles look this gen >.< The PS4 Pro is kind of strikingly weird, but yeah, still not very attractive as a piece of kit (nowhere close to the OG PS3). All super homogeneous.

logash

Oct 27, 2017
Don't own one but the Xbox One S is the sexiest piece of hardware I've seen. The X is smaller but it's pretty much just a black box. The S has a bit more flair. I say this as a mostly PlayStation guy.

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
I actually really like the One S. 2nd place is either the X or the PS4 slim, but I don't feel strongly about either tbh.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
I love my purple XB1S that came with the Fortnite bundle, but I gotta give it to the XB1X, which is clean as hell.

The PS4 Pro and original Xbox One (with the glossy top) can duel to worst place, though. They're both hideous.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
One X is probably the most well designed console of all time, from an aesthetic standpoint. So simple, classic, and a great size

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not huge into any of them aesthetically, but Xbox One S is the best looking of the ones we have, followed by Xbox One X. Then probably PS4.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
vanilla ps4 is the sexiest hardware i've ever purchased. once i laid it on my entertainment center i was like DAMN

amazing power/form factor compromise for the time

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Not a fan of any really. I really dislike the look of my PS4 Pro and the Switch is kind of whatever to me.

Though I suppose the PS4 Slim and Xbox S White look the most pleasing in the OP pics. I guess the XBX also is relatively nice looking, but it is stained by how utterly horrendous the UI and dashboard experience is. Like my god, I sold the thing largely for that reason and stuck to PC for the library.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
Switch lite is easily my favorite console ever.

I don't own anything Xbox, but they have the prettiest home consoles this gen barring the original Xbone.

Switch in docked mode without joycons is the worst looking of all.

XSX

Oct 31, 2017
PS4 Pro is worst. Looks stupid + the slanted back part makes it a pain to plug stuff in. So annoying.

Xbox One X looks amazing but never seen one in person.

Shpeshal Nick

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
The One X by a mile.

But I will say, photos do the Slim and Pro absolutely no justice. They're far less ugly in person than they are in pictures.

I also think that time will be far kinder to the OG Xbox One than the OG PS4.

Ripcord

Oct 30, 2017
Gotta be the Switch for me. Just a tiny screen and dock. Does the dock even count?

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
The One X by a mile.

But I will say, photos do the Slim and Pro absolutely no justice. They're far less ugly in person than they are in pictures.

I also think that time will be far kinder to the OG Xbox One than the OG PS4.

Every PS4 looks much better when placed vertically as well, horizontally they look terrible.

PaulloDEC

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Tough, they're all fairly non-descript this gen.

I like the original PS4's angled look, and the strip of light is a nice visual feature, so maybe that would be my pick. I think the One S and One X are both pretty nice too, if a little conservative.

Switch is totally different kind of device, so hard to judge it against the rest.

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
It's probably between the Xbox One S and One X for me.

The Switch is alright, but there's just something about the PS4 (the OG at least) that makes it look cheap. It's kind of PS2 slim-esque, but it never felt as sturdy.

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017
Love the simple and minimalistic designs of the One S/One X. The PS4 is, too, and it's a very close second, but MS' recent designs are just more to my tastes.

Hokey

Oct 29, 2017
I like the original PS4, it looks like a high end multimedia device but without looking too common/boring (which is where it pips Xbox), the pro however reminds me of Michelin man which is not good.

monketron

Oct 27, 2017
There's no way the 2 people voting for the OG Xbox One did so seriously. Unless Don Mattrick and the guy who designed it has anon accounts on here.