• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Best Jennifer Connelly Film?

• Labyrinth (1986)

Votes: 117 22.0%
  • Career Opportunities (1991)

Votes: 37 7.0%
  • Rocketeer (1991)

Votes: 46 8.7%
  • Dark City (1998)

Votes: 86 16.2%
  • Requiem for a Dream (2000)

Votes: 166 31.3%
  • A Beautiful Mind (2001)

Votes: 46 8.7%
  • Other

Votes: 33 6.2%

• Total voters

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What's your favorite Jennifer Connelly film?

Labyrinth?
Wkc1jzUm.jpg

Career Opportunities?
QZIaVzsm.jpg

Rocketeer?
6PlGGFMm.png

Dark City?
Bf1OP4dm.png

Requiem for a Dream?
k6fT9K5m.png

A Beautiful Mind?
RKxtTasm.jpg

Other?

grang

Nov 13, 2017
She and Ben Kingsley put in excellent performances in House of Sand and Fog.

That movie is heavy as fuck.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Rocketeer easily, everyone in that movie is 10/10

"I've finally played a scene with Neville Sinclair"

Pedrito

Nov 4, 2017
Objectively, it's Requiem for a dream, but my favorite is Other : Blood Diamond.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Labyrinth is my favourite.

Blood Diamond is awesome too.

She is excellent in both.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
51WWQfDlQuL._SY445_.jpg

Seeing as I've yet to watch Requiem, don't remember much from the Rocketeer, and I watched Labyrinth more for Bowie and the puppets, I'll say Phenomena.

Damn, I haven't even seen Dark City either. I guess I need to watch more Jennifer Connelly movies.

Lord Error

Oct 27, 2017
I thought I was going to be the only one to mention House of Sand and Fog. Probably her best performance.
She and Ben Kingsley put in excellent performances in House of Sand and Fog.

That movie is heavy as fuck.
Add my vote to the pile for this. As good as Requiem is, I think this one might have been better. I was pretty much broken by the end of it.

OP should update the poll.

Dec 6, 2017
US
Requiem. One of the best movie in the "watch once and never again" category.

I'm not a super emotional person, and certainly wasn't back then, and when I saw it for the first time at a midnight showing in maybe 2006, I had to leave the theater and go outside at the end because I had a total meltdown. I couldn't even tell you another movie I've even cried at, let alone this level of reaction.

I've seen it twice since just because it made such an insanely deep impression on me and every time it's devastating just the same. I also spent my teen years living in that actual neighborhood, or pretty close to it to be exact.

An incredible fucking role for everyone involved. I recently actually read that Dave Chappelle turned the role of Tyrone down and considers it one of his big career regrets after he saw it when it came out.

PS: I haven't seen House Of Sand And Fog somehow...

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
Requiem. One of the best movie in the "watch once and never again" category.

Yes, the best movie is prob Requiem, even though it's the toughest to get through. For whatever reason, I actually rewatched it last week and it's still as rough and haunting as I remember. I was also reminded how good the music is and how well Aronofsky portrayed the frantic, intense, horrowing feelings/experiences they were all going through that last 15min or so.

Oct 28, 2017
I remember seeing career opportunities and thinking the store was fake and a ripoff of Caldor and Bradley's....little did I know!

Doggg

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Nov 17, 2017
Maybe not the best, but I like Mulholland Falls because I like detective films.

Oct 27, 2017
Career opportunities is where I first saw her and immediately wanted to be locked in a target.

house of sand and fog is fantastic tho

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
I'm not sure if anyone in the history of everything has been more attractive than she was in Career Opportunities - she's breathtaking in that film.

But Requiem is the better movie and the better acting by miles.

Blufunk

Jan 1, 2018
Dark City but only the director's cut for the Sway singing performance with her real voice.

Agamon

Aug 1, 2019
I went with A Beautiful Mind from the list. I'd go with Once Upon A Time in America overall. But I haven't seen Requiem For A Dream yet, but it is on a streaming service I sub to, so I'll check it out.