• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Port Orleans Riverside is the best balance of price, location, and theme. It would feel weird for me to stay anywhere else

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

This, although I've never actually stayed there

But frankly, depending on your party size and how much time you plan to stay at the hotel, you can just get one of the value resorts and still take advantage of the many benefits of staying on property without the same cost.

Shokunin

Oct 25, 2017
The city beautiful
Wilderness Lodge, of course. Especially during Christmas-time.

fisheye-totem-pole-top-christmas-wilderness-lodge-disney-world-bricker.jpg

Shoe

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Polynesian is the true best, but I roll with Pop Century for the low price and still fun theming.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I've stayed at a couple of the different Disney resorts.

The Swan and Dolphin are beautiful and gigantic, and really cool to walk around in, but the rooms are tiny. I didn't actually enjoy staying there at all, even though the shops were really cool. Worth visiting, but not really someplace I'd recommend beyond the kitsch factor of seeing such absurd architecture, especially the Dolphin.

All-Star Music Resort is basically your standard hotel with a big-ass pool. If you plan to spend next to no time in your room, it's fine. I wouldn't really stay there unless you're there with your family on a budget.

The Saratoga Springs Resort is kind of like a weird little village disconnected from the rest of Disney despite being right across the lake from the Boardwalk. It's...quaint, and the rooms are really nice, but in some ways it doesn't really feel like you're staying at Disney at all.

Wood Man

Oct 30, 2017
How is the Grand Floridian?

Really expensive

We usually stayed in their budget resorts like All-Star. But we did stay at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. That was really cool. Woke up to animals right outside out window.

The Art of Animation is really fun for one of their cheaper resorts. We stayed in both the Little Mermaid section and Lion King. It's got a really cool Nemo themed pool area. And they play different music underwater.

disney-s-art-of-animation.jpg

And When my daughter was into her "Princess phase" we stayed at a special Princess room in the New Orleans Riverside resort. She freakin' loved it.

Last edited:

supra

Oct 30, 2017
Contemporary is cool with the monorails loading inside the hotel, plus it's walking distance to the Magic Kingdom.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Wilderness lodge but I haven't been in a while, and it was mad freaking expensive. I can't remember which I've it was but possibly The Polynesian just got Reno's done and all new restaurants. Check out Tim tracker on YouTube he walks through all of them so you'll have a great idea is what to expect

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If you're willing to spend (talking about $500 a night, but this is staying on Disney property so this is about what to expect for deluxe resorts), a Savanna View room at the Animal Kingdom Lodge is probably the greatest experience. That and the resort is just outstanding as a whole - incredible restaurants, atmosphere, everything.

Giraffes out the window - there's just not a lot of places you get that in North America.

rwvwdw123456.jpg

Lobby3.jpg

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you're willing to spend (talking about $500 a night, but this is staying on Disney property so this is about what to expect for deluxe resorts), a Savanna View room at the Animal Kingdom Lodge is probably the greatest experience. That and the resort is just outstanding as a whole - incredible restaurants, atmosphere, everything.

Giraffes out the window - there's just not a lot of places you get that in North America.

rwvwdw123456.jpg

Lobby3.jpg

Savanna view at Animal Kingdom Lodge is my second favorite after Wilderness Lodge. But I've never actually stayed at either, but I want to.

El_TigroX

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Polynesian is a great time and has Trader Sam's at it - so that's a good time.

beyond the standard hotels, I like The Dolphin. Not a "true" Disney hotel, but good resort amenities

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
We own DVC at Beach Club, so I will say that.

But really, its Beach Club. Because it's walking distance to Epcot and Hollywood Studios, and we tend to frequent WDW during Food and Wine or Flower and Garden...So striking distance to alcohol and good food is a plus for my wife and I.

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
The Wilderness Lodge is my favorite. I've stayed in a 2-bedroom suite at the Grand Floridian, that was probably the most luxurious hotel room I've ever stayed in.

I can't wait to do the Star Wars hotel

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Disney Resort Pro Tip:

The one caveat about the Animal Kingdom Lodge can be that some of the rooms are comically far from the main lobby and most of the restaurants. You'll want to request a room closer to the main lobby if possible. They're usually okay about accommodating this request when you get to the hotel unless it's a particularly busy period like Thanksgiving or Christmas break, in which case you'll want to try to arrange this sort of request in advance.

If you're coming back to your room after a long day at the parks, even if you enter by the Villas entrance, it's just a long walk to any of the buildings in the red circle.

fl9LtW0.jpg

Lee Chaolan

Oct 25, 2017
When I went a year ago I stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge.

Was fucking brilliant. Gorgeous place, around the back you can get closer to the animals, but yeah it's a huge resort. Thankfully we were very close to the main lobby

professor_t

Oct 27, 2017
What's so great about the Wilderness Lodge? I'm intrigued.

Last year we stayed at the Boardwalk Inn and I really enjoyed it. Lots of stuff for the kids to do when we weren't in the park, and atmosphere was amazing.

dots

Oct 27, 2017
Boardwalk and Yacht/Beach clubs are rad because you can walk to the secret back entrance to Epcot.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Boardwalk and Yacht/Beach clubs are rad because you can walk to the secret back entrance to Epcot.

The Swan/Dolphin also have this bonus. The Boardwalk is a really nice little walk too, especially at night when coming back from Epcot.

Juice

Dec 28, 2017
Probably Wilderness Lodge (haven't been in a few years because it's been under so much reconstruction).

Waaaaaay back before I could have ever afforded it, we got stuck with a pretty badly damaged ADA room and I gently complained to a manager, who explained they were sold out. Then *beep boop beep* she gave me two gold colored room keys for the massive vice presidential suite on the concierge floor. Was one of the coolest experiences I've ever had at a hotel and I'm still super appreciative (and we've been pretty loyal Disney fans ever since)

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
I've had a few friends really like Port Orleans.

I was just in Disney World last week. I was fine with the All Star resorts. Definitely budget, but considering my wife and I were at the parks for 12-13 hours a day, we only needed a bed.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
I prefer the boardwalk, short 3 minute walk to Epcot, you can walk through Epcot before the park opens to catch the monorail to magic kingdom.

Or you can take the ferry from the boardwalk to worldshowcase (Epcot) or down the river past the swan and dolphin to MGM studios.

Essentially if you're only doing those 3 parks you never have to waste gas.

flyover

Oct 26, 2017
We own DVC at Beach Club, so I will say that.

But really, its Beach Club. Because it's walking distance to Epcot and Hollywood Studios, and we tend to frequent WDW during Food and Wine or Flower and Garden...So striking distance to alcohol and good food is a plus for my wife and I.
Yeah, I like Beach Club best. The location is perfect, it's probably the quietest resort for getting a good night's sleep (if you pick a room on the Epcot side of the lobby), and it even smells nice.

Polynesian is really cool, but also (at least in the newer buildings) the noisiest hotel I've ever stayed at. If you're an iffy sleeper, I wouldn't recommend it.

Wilderness Lodge is fun to just hang out at, taking a water taxi from Magic Kingdom if you need a break.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Pop Century.

It's my favorite of the value resorts, and you may as well pay as little for your room as necessary, as if you're going to WDW and staying in your room you're doing it wrong.

GravisMors

Oct 29, 2017
Old key West has always been my favorite spot. My parents hound dvc back in 94-95 and that spot is the most low key resort in Disney.

Decent location in relation to the parks (aside from mk) and the rooms are spread out enough to get a kind of chill experience.

rundisneyrpg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It depends what your price point is because there's a vast difference between all stars and grand Floridian. So what's your price point and how long are you staying.
Staying on site gives you magical express. It's the free bus from airport to hotel and back.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I cannot remember the name since I haven't been since about 2011, but the one by the water. Not the ocean, the inland lake or whatever. It's the newest and you can catch a boat to the main park in like 20 minutes.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Port Orleans French Quarter for me. I believe its the smallest of all resorts, square footage wise, which lends itself to a less sprawled, more intimate feel. The GF and I spent a week there in 2016 and loved it. Felt like there were less kids around too as compared to the value resorts.

I've also stayed at Coronado Springs and All-Star sports. Both were good too. There really isn't a bad place to stay there, well worth the convenience.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Love the Yacht & Beach Club. Although I'll admit that's in part because of how easy a stroll it is to get into Epcot!

(Have stayed at the Y&B Club, Contemporary and the Swan Or Dolphin (I don't remember which, but it's whichever one was/is a Sheraton!))

For the record, have also eaten in the Grand Floridian and the AK Lodge, and I'd love to spend more time in those. And I've eaten at one of the Boardwalk restaurants, but I'm not quite sure if that counts as 'in a hotel'! Oh, and out on the Plaza Boulevard I've stayed at the Grosvenor (Now Wyndham, I believe?) and also eaten at the Hyatt Regency.

Last edited:

EDebs1916

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The Grand Floridian wasn't worth the money when we went with our daughter. It's incredibly swanky and I love the atmosphere in the main lobby with the jazz band and cocktail bars, but it was just kinda boring for her. The best parts of staying there are the proximity to Magic Kingdom and the ability to watch the fireworks from that outside patio on the water.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
The Grand Floridian wasn't worth the money when we went with our daughter. It's incredibly swanky and I love the atmosphere in the main lobby with the jazz band and cocktail bars, but it was just kinda boring for her. The best parts of staying there are the proximity to Magic Kingdom and the ability to watch the fireworks from that outside patio on the water.

That's why I like going to hotels for a treat meal; you get a flavour of the hotel without the long-term commitment.

Oct 28, 2017
I think Beach Club is amazing but we're Epcot people.

However, in the future, I think place like Pop and Art of Animation are more thanks Ok for a trip to Disney. The room is a non-factor and all of the properties are nice enough in my opinion.

The deluxe is basically giving you more themeing, a couple of sit down restaurants, and transportation that will theoretically get you into the parks faster.

People talk up the Polynesian but I thought it was just ok. They rehabbed it a few years ago and removed lots of what made it special. I also found the transportation between the Poly and Magic Kingdom to be an epic nightmare. People who park at TTC know that they can take the poly transportation back to get to their cars making the lines ABSURD. In my opinion they should just build a Damn walking path to the kingdom.

thebeeks

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Texas, USA
The Contemporary is my nostalgic fav, but for our honeymoon my husband really wanted to stay at the Wilderness Lodge (because that's where his family would always stay when he was a kid) so we did and I gotta say I was really impressed.