• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mr. Fantastic

Alt-account
Banned
Apr 27, 2018
HAIR THREAD YOU SAY

e05276efe2f9ccba36a382c79a025f99.gif

ZiggyPalffyLA

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Los Angeles, California
Speaking of hair rendering, something weird happens to Alexios' hair during cutscenes in Assassin's Creed Odyssey where the colors look...off? Like it almost starts to blend in with the background in dark scenes. And I don't think it's a contrast issue, I'm playing on an LG OLED. I'll take a picture if nobody is able to guess what I'm talking about.

The best explanation I can find is something called dithering but I can't seem to grasp what exactly that means.

Dec

Prophet of Truth
Oct 26, 2017
uncharted 4 and ac odyssey would probably be my choices. Visually nice, not super interactive.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
What's very impressive about Capcom's recent games is that they're attempting longer hair styles and frequently at that.
wsTvVnI.gif

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Seriously. Never got the praise for Arthur's beard graphics. He's got like 8 strands making up the entire beard.

It only gets thick strands at length 8 and above. It's praised because it's the best beard rendering and it looks even better in motion. It bends and folds properly, unlike Kratos' beard which clips through his own body and armor when he turns his head. If you play the game, you'd understand how incredibly impressive the beard tech is. Even random NPC beards have proper physics.

What's very impressive about Capcom's recent games is that they're attempting longer hair styles and frequently at that.
wsTvVnI.gif

RE Engine hair is incredible but I don't know how they messed up Claire's hair. One of the worst pony tails in games!

Latpri

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Am I crazy or did KOS MOS have like, fibre optic hair that shimmered in episode 3? Im looking around for videos of it and its just like blue like in Eps 1 and 2. Did I just dream this?

Feb 10, 2018
Sorry but these beards look gross like pubic hair..

RE2 truck driver guy has the better beard.

No kratos just has access to all the latest norse beard grooming products.

When not fighting trolls + and other beasts he washes his beard with dwarf soap and finishes it with pine tree oil for a lovely finish and smell he also has a little beard comb to make sure it retains perfect shape at all times.

Spinluck

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
Did the RE Engine debut in RE7?

Is it built on top of MT Framework or is it completely new?

That shit is impressive... Plus DMCV is 60fps on consoles. Good Lord.

Necromorph

Oct 30, 2017
Did the RE Engine debut in RE7?

Is it built on top of MT Framework or is it completely new?

That shit is impressive... Plus DMCV is 60fps on consoles. Good Lord.

Yes and i'm not sure, in my last investigation i made the conclusion what RE engine it's complete new with little stuff from the buried Panta rhei engine.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Not sure bout rendering, but Uncharted: Lost Legacy most definitely has some of the best realistic hair aesthetics in terms of detail. The nuances, like when characters get sweaty or their hair is wet (as opposed to dry) are commendable.

tumblr_ozebfuJh8S1qi4j1oo1_400.gif
While other games have more impressive hair tech I absolutely love that they gave Chloe's hair different states that changes dynamically during the gameplay

3xSbHLo.png

hBPJGf9.png

QtaIz9v.jpg

She also fixes some of the loose strands again during quieter moments

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Im playing rdr2 now and the enviornments are gorgeous and it's open world but goddamn the hair for characters that aren't Arthur are sometimes really bad.