• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MickZan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
What are some of your favourites?

Mine is finding Castle Cainhurst in Bloodborne. This giant castle was waiting for me, and it was completely optional? Hot damn. From is so good at this stuff.

Also God of War:

The entire run up to, and getting the Blades of Chaos.

Edit: Please try to not say "the entirety of this game". We had plently of best games of the gen threads.

Last edited:

Wollan

Mostly Positive
Oct 25, 2017
Norway but living in France
One of the more intense moments of joy was when I was walking around the mansion in Resident Evil 7 in Virtual Reality (PSVR).
Both gameplay and atmosphere were at 11 in those hours. Classic Resident Evil gameplay where you slowly move around solving puzzles, tinker with item management and the occasional burts of ultra violence & horror is an absolute perfect fit for the VR medium.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
There are so many, but the water levels in Astro Bot blew my mind. VR as a whole felt like an incredibly fresh experience, but Astro Bot in particular sold me on it.

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
Arthur Morgan's death.

Solas reveal in Trespasser.

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The entire prologue sequence of NieR Automata, a smattering of scenes in Route A, the first and last couple hours of Route C in their entirety-- those would be my picks.

spookyghost

Oct 28, 2017
Yakuza gaining popularity in the west
Nailing a complex traffic system in Cities: Skyline
Tyrant in RE2
Hitting max speed in Polybius
GoW's second weapon coming in to play
The entirety of Superhot VR

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
Discovering Libertalia in Uncharted 4
latest

Leaving your cave and looking over the Great Plateau in Breath of the Wild
2017022420273400_F1C11A22FAEE3B82F21B330E1B786A39.0.jpg

Spiderman PS4 seamlessly cutting from opening cutscene into gameplay

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
- Bloodborne, like all of it, but especially when shit starts to get weird
- Dolphin Surf in Tetris Effect
- First time you take off a planet and go to space in No Man Sky
- Whale sequence in Abzu
- Sister Friede in Dark Souls 3
- Monster Hunter World, a lot of monsters applies in this.
-
Finding Ciri

Last edited:

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Titanfall 2
When you get to the part of time travel/swapping and you use it to navigate the environment and killing enemies.

FFXIV Shadowbringers
Man there were so many. My favourite was seeing someone transform into a Sin Eater, learning the truth about Ascian, every scenes withEmet-Selch, that final boss fight cutscene.

Life is Strange Before the Storm
We thought the story would end badly and continue onto LiS, but it turns out to really just about the friendship/relationship between Chloe and Rachel and it was beautiful. That DLC is gut wrenching.

StaffyManasse

Oct 28, 2017
The first proper encounter with the xenomorph and the ensuing panic in Alien: Isolation.

Bloodborne has so many to mention, but let's give a shoutout Vicar Amelia boss fight as a personal memorable moment.

Destiny open beta was magical. So much promise the game unfortunately never really delivered in the end in my opinion.

ActWan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Mission 43 in MGSV...such a powerful, emotional moments through gameplay.
(killing your infected soldiers in the quarantine)

Quint75

Mar 6, 2019
Bloody Baron quest, fighting the first, massive Fiend in W3.

Getting the Blades Of Chaos in GoW, was a complete surprise to me.

Titanfall 2 time travel level, so insanely clever.

SlayerSaint

Jan 6, 2019
Completing the King's Fall raid for the first time in Destiny, so satisfying to watch that bastard float off into space

Reuniting with Ciri

The entire boat ride and then sequence with the Blades of Chaos

Those are the clear top 3 favorite moments this gen for me, and not so coincidentally from my 3 favorite games of the gen.

Quint75

Mar 6, 2019
Bloody Baron quest, fighting the first, massive Fiend in W3.

Getting the Blades in GoW, was a complete surprise to me.

Titanfall 2 time travel level, so insanely clever.

Deleted member 4067

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dishonored 2 - A Crack in the Slab and The Clockwork Mansion missions

Zelda botw - too many in this game, but the first Lynel encounter is the one that comes to mind

Fatmanp

Oct 27, 2017
I think it maybe the adrenaline rush I felt the very first time was alive in the final three of a PUBG round when the game had just started its rise.

If we are talking designed moments or set pieces then a few come to mind. Climbing the first Tallkneck in Horizon, walking out onto the Plateau in BOTW, The post credit tease at the end of God of War, the first time you get the Skif in Gears 5 and Arthur Morgans final scenes, (particularly if you maxed your Horse bond).

PSOreo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Being let loose and uncovering how many ways you could tackle the missions in 'Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain'.

Wonkertonk

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 15, 2019
Warwick, England
- Breath of The Wild - first time entering Hyrule Castle and the music kicks in, exploring and reading the various diaries etc.

- God of War -
The boat ride back to your house to retrieve the Blades of Chaos.

- Read Dead Redemption 2 -
Arthur Morgan's death and then the prologue playing as John.

- Uncharted 4 - Discovering Libertalia

- Death Stranding -
Taking Lou to the incinerator and BB's Theme song starts to play--the feels!

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
- The animations and insane character model detail of Noctis and his three bros in the Duscae Demo. I think that was the first current gen only game I played on PS4. Before that I had only played the GTAV remaster.

- Entering photo mode of The Order: 1886 for the first time. I was blown away by the beauty of the game and the crazy possibilities of a proper photo mode. Since then I am obsessed with every photo mode in a game.

- Leaving the tutorial area and realizing just how huge, detailed and beautiful the world of The Witcher 3 was.

- Meeting and interacting for the first time with Trico in The Last Guardian

- Jumping out of the boat and diving into a breathtakingly beautiful coral reef in Uncharted 4. The setpieces of that game too took my breath away.

- Jörmungandr (the Midgard Serpent) rising out of the lake and in real time changing the geography in God of War.

- Swinging freely, effortlessly and super stylishly through NYC in Spider-Man

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
The end of DMC5's Mission 12.

Dante finding his way home and unlocking his Sin Devil Trigger, then later arriving at the Qliphoth to confront Urizen and unleashing the newly created Devil Sword Dante.

There are so many hype moments in the game, but that one's got to be my favorite.

Gwenori

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 6, 2019
Nier tomato : that one line in 9S 's head about 2B

Bloodborne : ludwig phase 2 cutscene

Dark souls 3 : when Gwyn's theme started playing in the final boss

BOTW : when i found out that you can climb any surface

Divinity original sin 2 : When i was looking for a way to break the pact with the godking in ARX based purely on my faith that the game would have tought of it (i had yet to find anything in game hinting that it was possible, i just believed in the devs and they delivered)

Dragon's Dogma : fighting Daemon for the first time and the Music and dialogue kicks in

Disco elysium : all of it

some more

No Man's Sky : opening the galactic map for the first time and being hit by the overwhelming realisation that every sing dot of light is a explorable system

VR

Yakuza 0 :
majima's back story

Last edited:

Garbrenn

Oct 30, 2017
Overcoming the A Meeting on the Other Shore (Oda and Onna) on Nioh and getting the Platinum
The Carnival sequence and the mad endings of Nier Automata
Titanfall 2, the mission everyone loves
The plot twists of Yakuza 0
Pretty much everything to do with God Of War
Metro City in Mario Odyssey
Guiding Zorah Magdaros and a whole extra area opening up in MHW
The creep factor getting turned up to 11 in Hemwick Charnal Lane in Bloodborne and the shift into cosmic horror later on
Buying my PS4 and seeing all those voxels in Resogun
The last mission with BB on Death Stranding
The visuals of Horizon ZD

Very PlayStation dominated this gen.

Last edited:

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Yakuza gaining popularity in the west
Funnily enough this was my pick as well. Because after a good 10+ years people outside of Asia finally start paying attention to the series way more than before. Plus we are seeing the series jump to PC and even Xbox, its so nice to see the series growing. And from the 36 hours I've put into Yakuza 7 so far, I'm loving it, and hope that it does just as well when its released over here.

Anyway, my other pick would be Capcom's output this gen. Since 2017 I've enjoyed each and every Capcom game released (yes, even Infinite) - RE7 and REmake 2 have been probably my two favourite RE games since REmake and 4, SFV has on the whole gotten better since the arcade edition and the latest update has been ace. MM11 is a stellar return to form and we got DMC5 which was a badass ride with my other favourite boss this gen (Sekiro's Owl is the other). Of course they can do more (I'd love Sengoku Basara, Phoenix Wright, Bionic Commando, GnG sequels) and RE3 is looking ace from what I've seen. So here's hoping this year and the next gen will see Capcom continue to improve and release more excellent games.

MC_Leon6494

Sep 7, 2018
Prey's opening moments & the first time you go outside the space station in that game. There's a lot of moments in that game that i adore.

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Mario Odyssey's Traditional Festival. That shit got me on my feet jumping for joy that's how fantastic it was. It was spectacular.
Arriving in that city in Dark Souls 3 and defeating the final boss of Sekiro may be runner ups.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MickZan

MickZan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Anyway, my other pick would be Capcom's output this gen. Since 2017 I've enjoyed each and every Capcom game released (yes, even Infinite) - RE7 and REmake 2 have been probably my two favourite RE games since REmake and 4, SFV has on the whole gotten better since the arcade edition and the latest update has been ace. MM11 is a stellar return to form and we got DMC5 which was a badass ride with my other favourite boss this gen (Sekiro's Owl is the other). Of course they can do more (I'd love Sengoku Basara, Phoenix Wright, Bionic Commando, GnG sequels) and RE3 is looking ace from what I've seen. So here's hoping this year and the next gen will see Capcom continue to improve and release more excellent games.

Your best gaming moment is the output of several games? You take this term very broad my friend haha.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
Bloodborne, reaching Byrgenwerth; discovering Yahar'Ghul/Unseen Village before and after.

Mass Effect Andromeda: The Meridian

NieR Automata: The ending of C

Batman: Arkham Knight: The GCPD

Witcher 3: Locations; Rediscovering Kaer Morgen to look architecturally and aesthetically 1:1 with the 2007, PC-only The Witcher 1. Also the first time you enter Novigrad. The first ever "Stormwind" moment since playing WoW back in 2005.

Dragon Age Inquisition: The almost Pixar-esque feel of In Your Heart Shall Burn. The big and only truly dramatic turning point in the story.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Your best gaming moment is the output of several games? You take this term very broad my friend haha.
You mean Monster Hunter World, DMC5, REmake 2, RE7 and MM11 - aka my favourite non Yakuza games this gen? Yeah, those as a whole are my favourite moments this gen. If I were to list everything in those games I liked I'd be here all day. But Vergils fight in 5 is probably up there as the best, pretty much my definition of a perfect designed boss fight.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Death Stranding's gameplay, we've been used to familiar things for years now, it was such an amazing feeling to experience something mysterious and new, in particular when you get to the mountains.

rochellepaws

Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
Ending E in NieR Automata, an incredible emotional culmination and felt like the perfect way to close. It was one of very few games that saved its best for the end.