• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like once a month we have this thread

and its always Bloodborne

quote this in October's thread

dbcyber

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Bloodborne but God of War, Spider-man and Uncharted 4 put up a good fight. The exclusives were a lot better compared to last gen.

Funky_Monkey

Oct 31, 2017
Lots of great entries, but simply put, God of War is the greatest PlayStation game ever created. It is the prefect bend of gameplay, graphics, story and characters.

KiLAM

Jan 25, 2018
Easily Bloodborne and The Last of Us Pt 2. Wasn't big on Sony 1st party other than these 2 games for this gen.

ieandrew

Self-requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have played Bloodborne enough to platinum it. I think it's a solid top-5 of the list, but my rank choice would put God of War, TLOU Part II, Horizon: Zero Dawn ahead of it.

lightning16

May 17, 2019
Of the games I've played it's God of War, but I also don't particularly love God of War so I feel weird voting for it lol.

Zoph

Oct 25, 2017
I gave a point to Death Stranding just for it being one of the most novel and memorable experiences of the generation. But wow, hard choice here. Sony was on fire from the start this gen.

the-pi-guy

Oct 29, 2017
It's either Bloodborne or The Last of Us 2.

It's Bloodborne. One of my absolute favorites ever from a gameplay point of view.

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
1. The Last of Us 2
2. Death Stranding
3. God of War
4. Horizon Zero Dawn
5. The Last Guardian
6. Bloodborne
7. Uncharted 4
8. Spiderman
9. Ghost of Tsushima
10. Days Gone
11. The Order 1886
12. Until Dawn

I enjoyed them all and there are several masterpieces on that list.
Didn't play FF7 Remake, but i loved the demo back then.

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't matter how many of these threads we have

It's always Bloodborne.
tenor.gif

Followed by TLOU2, Horizon, SpiderMan, GR2 and GoW.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
God of War for me. It's the only game for me that felt like both a high quality product and a novel experience thanks to the combat system and camera. I love Bloodborne, but I was already burnt out on Souls since I played DeS and DaS so much.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
1. The Last Guardian
2. Bloodborne
3. God of War 2018
4. The Last of Us Part II
5. Death Stranding

Honourable Mentions:
Driveclub
Ghost of Tsushima
Gravity Rush 2
Helldivers
Horizon Zero Dawn
Spider-Man
Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
Until Dawn

Sony absolutely killed it this gen.

Side-note: OP screwed up and included Nex Machina, Tetris Effect and No Man's Sky in the list. Nex Machina and Tetris Effect were just marketing deals, while No Man's Sky was a distribution and marketing deal. None of them were first party.

Lexad

Nov 4, 2017
I loveTLOU2/Bloodborne, but what they did with God of War as a complete reinvention from a storytelling and gameplay perspective cannot be topped for me.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think drive club is looked back upon with rose tinted glasses because it was sony's only exclusive racing game until gt sport. It was very good! But i came to it after playing forza motorsport and horizon 1 and 2, despite looking very pretty and having a fun loop, i felt a little underwhelmed. Gt sport however really blew me away

MrFox

VFX Rendering Pipeline Developer
Verified
Jun 8, 2020
Way too many games in that list that I loved so much I can't easily choose one over the others.

The Last Guardian
TLOU Part 2
Horizon Zero Dawn
Death Stranding
Uncharted 4
God of War

But... I voted TLOU2 because the quality and depth of the story writing is a jump above anything else I played in the last 30 years.

Jawbreaker

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
The answer always is, and always will be Bloodborne. I see Bloodborne, I vote Bloodborne. Best game ever made.

My second choice would be The Last of Us 2.

tadale

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta
It's Bloodborne, really not a contest, but I also really like Spider-man and Last of Us 2. Oh, and the Last Guardian.

dralla

Oct 27, 2017
My top three (in no particular order) would be Bloodborne, Uncharted Lost Legacy, and TLOU Part II. There are a lot of great games on that list, though. Sony's output this gen was top notch.