• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ElMexiMerican

Oct 25, 2017
Everyone's talking about entertainment centers, but I instead got a sectional to replace the love seat I had been using to play. I'm a lot more comfortable playing games now lmao.

Oct 27, 2017
92bf43b515869abe5e5dd30ac6e9faeb.jpg
Ew.

SpotAnime

Dec 11, 2017
Airflow and ventilation are big considerations for a TV stand. A lot of these pics would just be sucking pack in hot air with minimal flow. And someone mentioned removing the back to increase ventilation - just be careful of that, since many of these stands have a wooden back (not cardboard) that is meant to load balance.

I have an old Ikea TV stand I've used for years, and it's not great for the reasons I mentioned above. A couple of years back I bought some Cooler Guys USB blower fans to help ventilate out hot air, and that helped with my PS4 not sounding lile a jet engine, but I wanted a more elegant solution. Recently I upgraded to an AC Infinity system, and it's a HUGE upgrade from the Cooler Guys fans.

I ended up using a drillsaw to make holes across the stand, as well as in the shelves. That way I can draw air from below and across. Then I cut into and installed two 120mm fans on either side, as well as for the thermostat.

The thermostat can power up to 6 fans, and they are all USB powered and can daisy chain, so any USB fan would work. I started by reusing my Cooler Guys blower to give extra air flow to my PS4 Pro, but upgraded to an AC Infinity fan and the difference is noticeable in terms of console temp and airflow.

The thermostat has a smart mode so it will incrementally increase fan speeds the closer it gets to the temperature limit, something like onr speed setting for every 2 degrees below the limit, with a 10 degree difference. So my fans automatically start spinning at the lowest setting at 74 degrees, and the probe hasn't measured anything greater than 77 in the cabinet. The best thing is, it's all automatic so I don't have to remember to turn the fans on/off, and also works when I'm just watching movies on my blu-ray player.

I'd recommend those interested should check out AC Infinity. The thermostat doesn't have to be installed - there's an optional stand for it - and if you only use the blower fans you don't have to install any fans either. Important if you're weary about cutting holes in your stand. All in all it cost me $120.

JFoul

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still looking around for better prices on the BDI Corridor, but I probably won't be able to find anything cheaper than $2000 until tariffs are removed.

It really has everything that I want in a TV center for the front room and I haven't seen anything else that compares to it unless I start hacking something together myself.

www.bdiusa.com

Corridor Media Console 8173

Perfectly sized for home theater systems with a large television, this modern TV stand and entertainment center packs a ton of innovative features into a low profile design, including a soundbar shelf, remote and audio friendly louvered doors, built-in cable management, adjustable shelves...

www.bdiusa.com

Corridor Media Console 8179

Award-winning design makes the Corridor 8179 a stylish entertainment center, but it’s the array of useful and innovative features that make it a must-own media console. Perfectly sized for home theater systems with a large television, this modern TV stand packs a ton of innovative features...

www.bdiusa.com

Corridor Media Console 8177

With its striking design, the Corridor 8177 TV stand combines high functionality with premium style, featuring hardwood louvered doors that keep electronics, gaming consoles, and components neatly concealed but always accessible. This modern media cabinet also includes an innovative center...

brobban

Oct 28, 2017
Bought a wall mounted unit last year from Montana Furniture. Wasn't expecting the PS5 to be so big that it actually sticks out on the side if I don't want it to cover the sound bar :)
m0uDOjt.jpg

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Airflow and ventilation are big considerations for a TV stand. A lot of these pics would just be sucking pack in hot air with minimal flow. And someone mentioned removing the back to increase ventilation - just be careful of that, since many of these stands have a wooden back (not cardboard) that is meant to load balance.

I have an old Ikea TV stand I've used for years, and it's not great for the reasons I mentioned above. A couple of years back I bought some Cooler Guys USB blower fans to help ventilate out hot air, and that helped with my PS4 not sounding lile a jet engine, but I wanted a more elegant solution. Recently I upgraded to an AC Infinity system, and it's a HUGE upgrade from the Cooler Guys fans.

I ended up using a drillsaw to make holes across the stand, as well as in the shelves. That way I can draw air from below and across. Then I cut into and installed two 120mm fans on either side, as well as for the thermostat.

The thermostat can power up to 6 fans, and they are all USB powered and can daisy chain, so any USB fan would work. I started by reusing my Cooler Guys blower to give extra air flow to my PS4 Pro, but upgraded to an AC Infinity fan and the difference is noticeable in terms of console temp and airflow.

The thermostat has a smart mode so it will incrementally increase fan speeds the closer it gets to the temperature limit, something like onr speed setting for every 2 degrees below the limit, with a 10 degree difference. So my fans automatically start spinning at the lowest setting at 74 degrees, and the probe hasn't measured anything greater than 77 in the cabinet. The best thing is, it's all automatic so I don't have to remember to turn the fans on/off, and also works when I'm just watching movies on my blu-ray player.

I'd recommend those interested should check out AC Infinity. The thermostat doesn't have to be installed - there's an optional stand for it - and if you only use the blower fans you don't have to install any fans either. Important if you're weary about cutting holes in your stand. All in all it cost me $120.

I did the same but with noctua usb fans and a fan controller to fine tune the airflow vs noise. Very easy to cut holes in the thin backboard

I'm currently powering from my ps5 rear port so they run when it's on. I could add an inline ac infinity thermostat if needed later on. I do have a couple of wireless thermometers to monitor temps with the ps5 and xsx cubbyholes

Izzard

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
I went much wider to fit the vertical console (will be adding a series x on the left next year), and white to match the PS5.

X3LVvJT.jpg

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017

HonestAbe

May 19, 2020
I'm looking at this guy right here to replace mine that's falling apart:

www.wayfair.com

Wayfair.com - Online Home Store for Furniture, Decor, Outdoors & More | Wayfair

Shop Wayfair for A Zillion Things Home across all styles and budgets. 5,000 brands of furniture, lighting, cookware, and more. Free Shipping on most items.

Was about the pull the trigger on this one, too. But once I noticed the metal corners, I couldn't. Just don't care for the metal corner pieces. Looks sort of tacky.

Building this instead. No Doors though.
https://www.buildsomething.com/plans/PDE3911D489501E5A/FarmhouseMediaCabinet

Chippewa Barr

Aug 8, 2020
I posted mine in the Gaming Setups 2020 thread, my home theatre one is homemade and completely open air so both will be fine (pic there just shows the One X and PC as it was only August). Upstairs one is using old consoles still, so fine at the moment.

This looks neat. I'd love something like this. Are you just gonna stand the Series X in the middle compartment? How's the cable management in the compartment? Can't see any holes or gaps.
Not OP, but nothing a woodboring bit on a drill can't fix! For real though, they make nice clean holes and in any diameter you need.

Oct 26, 2017
Amalthea
This looks neat. I'd love something like this. Are you just gonna stand the Series X in the middle compartment? How's the cable management in the compartment? Can't see any holes or gaps.
Heya sorry I forgot to respond! So my Series X currently sits right in the middle nook. I won't lie, there isn't much space between the console and the roof of the nook, but I have had absolutely no issues running games. DMCVSE and Gears 5 are perfect.

Oh and the stand came with some backboards but I opted to skip out on them entirely. I'm not exactly the best cable management guy but you can def. work some magic with it if you put in the effort.

Here's a pic of a Series X in its natural habitat:

UzExB9x.jpeg

is there a few things wrong in this pic? oh yes, but i dont have much space to work with lol

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
Heya sorry I forgot to respond! So my Series X currently sits right in the middle nook. I won't lie, there isn't much space between the console and the roof of the nook, but I have had absolutely no issues running games. DMCVSE and Gears 5 are perfect.

Oh and the stand came with some backboards but I opted to skip out on them entirely. I'm not exactly the best cable management guy but you can def. work some magic with it if you put in the effort.

UzExB9x.jpeg

is there a few things wrong in this pic? oh yes, but i dont have much space to work with lol
Thanks, looks good. What's that about the Xbox in the same compartment? I'd just be worried about the lack of space around the console.

Oct 26, 2017
Amalthea
Thanks, looks good. What's that about the Xbox in the same compartment? I'd just be worried about the lack of space around the console.
You only need to worry about the top of the console, and for something like this I'd prefer to have it sitting somewhere that isn't obstructing the top of the console. But where I have it now is perfectly fine much to my surprise, so I think you'll be just fine :)

Nacery

Jul 11, 2018
61mPRyjPSAL._AC_SL1404_.jpg

I have this one that I purchased this year on Amazon so hopefully I will have more than enough space and airflow for both. It has some crappy MDF boards buth the steel frame is actually pretty good will probably replace for actual oak boards in the near future.

Last edited:

impiri

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still looking around for better prices on the BDI Corridor, but I probably won't be able to find anything cheaper than $2000 until tariffs are removed.

It really has everything that I want in a TV center for the front room and I haven't seen anything else that compares to it unless I start hacking something together myself.
Yeah, I kept trying to find a suitable alternative to the BDI cabinets, but we're gonna just invest in this one and hope it lasts forever.

GattsuSama

Mar 12, 2020
Any piece of furniture that can accommodate the PS5 vertically in a good way that is also not too big?

The piece above my post seems too close to the ground, other seem to only have the PS5 on the side of the TV. Anything were it fits more naturally?

I really hate the PS5 and how it looks and stands. I have to keep it horizontally and even then the slightest touch makes is move.

Chippewa Barr

Aug 8, 2020

UzExB9x.jpeg

Lol pretty much as if it was made for the Series X, looks good man. Maaaaaaybe bring it more forward to be flush with the media center for more airflow, but I think it's fine.

If you were so inclined, I'd say use the backboard and just drill out holes (using a boring bit, or spade bit, sized to whatever you need) and run your cables through there. It would look uber clean too.

The way you have it is perfectly fine though!

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
Let your systems breathe

some of you peeps are playing with fire with those tight spaces

Dringus

Oct 27, 2017
Do you have a link to this stand?

Sure:
Tv Stand

I think originally I found one on Amazon by another company but they didn't have black. I went with this one which MIGHT be slightly cheaper in price/build but since I didn't play on actually putting a tv on it I wasn't concerned.

Just realized Reszo has the same thing posted above in white but by a different brand, same one I originally found on Amazon.

OP
OP
nihilence

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
Wanting either room for a big TV or real estate..

www.wayfair.com

Shop Wayfair for A Zillion Things Home across all styles and budgets. 5,000 brands of furniture, lighting, cookware, and more. Free Shipping on most items.

www.wayfair.com

www.wayfair.com

Last edited:

0ptimusPayne

Oct 27, 2017
Lol

I bought the IKEA brimnes, the ps5 and Xbox both fit in the cabinets but I'll likely place them standing on top since my tv is wall mounted. If you do want them in the cabinets you can leave off the back piece for airflow or cut it, it's just like wood board on the back or whatever it's called.

brimnes-tv-unit-black__0704610_PE725291_S5.JPG

They also make a 2 drawer version if you need a more compact one
I have the two drawer version of Brimnes, and both series x and ps5 fit perfectly. I did use a hole saw drill bit to cut a circle out of the back of each cabinet shelf and fit cheap A/V cabinet usb fans from amazon to blow any collected hot air out of the cabinet space. Both consoles don't get hot at all now. Perfect solution for me for sure

beanybody

Oct 29, 2017
Lol

I bought the IKEA brimnes, the ps5 and Xbox both fit in the cabinets but I'll likely place them standing on top since my tv is wall mounted. If you do want them in the cabinets you can leave off the back piece for airflow or cut it, it's just like wood board on the back or whatever it's called.

brimnes-tv-unit-black__0704610_PE725291_S5.JPG

They also make a 2 drawer version if you need a more compact one

I have this and the Series X fits in the middle with less than 1.5cm clearance, and about 5 3/4" on either side. Gonna try cutting some vents in the back and adding some fans.

Deleted member 5876

Big Seller
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The one and only answer:
www.bdiusa.com

BDI Furniture | Designed for Modern Living

BDI designs beautifully functional modern home and office furniture that enhances the way you work, live, and play. From fully-featured TV stands and entertainment centers to storage cabinets, credenzas, home office furniture, standing desks, shelving, tables, and other home furniture, BDI is...

Specifically their media cabinets:
www.bdiusa.com

TV Stands & Media Consoles

BDI TV stands, entertainment centers and media cabinets set a modern and stylish stage for your home theater system, and come standard with innovative features like built-in cable management, flow-through ventilation, hidden wheels, and rear access panels.

I own the "Elements" media cabinet and I'd be happy to answer any questions.
www.bdiusa.com

Elements Media Cabinet 8779-ME

Beneath the award-winning design of the Elements TV stand and media cabinet, lies all of the innovative home theater features you could ever want from a modern TV stand and entertainment center. The remote-friendly laser-cut door patterns provide acoustic transparency for a soundbar or center...

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017

sumo

Oct 30, 2017
If anyone is seriously considering buying some new furniture from Wayfair.com be careful because they don't have a great reputation, items turning up and they're much smaller than described or a totally different colour etc.

Aug 9, 2018
91CsfyGmQKL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I wentwith his one. and although its a pain to put together due to iffy directions, its very solid. it is a little shorter than i was expecting but its ok. i have the PS5 sitting on the far left and the switch on the far right.
you can find the same piece under multiple names, doing an image search helped me find the cheapest price at the time.

Edit: this is just a stock photo, not my actual set up

Amazon.com: Furniture of America ioHomes Joslin Multi-Shelves TV Stand, Black: Furniture & Decor

Buy Furniture of America ioHomes Joslin Multi-Shelves TV Stand, Black: Television Stands & Entertainment Centers - Amazon.com ✓ FREE DELIVERY possible on eligible purchases

jmks

Jul 12, 2018
Everything else in the house is Ikea, but I spent more money on this and I'm pretty happy with it.
7qyxoWh.jpg

Fmb9hrB.jpeg

Oct 26, 2017
Amalthea
Not that you care, but i got this over a year ago and love it. Had no idea at the time that i was future proofing myself for the Series X lol. When i get a PS5 it should lay nicely across the top left shelf.

w90jPR6.jpg
Looking good! I already grabbed it myself and I like it! Build quality leaves a bit to be desired tho as that door on the right side wouldn't fit on mine. Holes were drilled funky :/

But yeah, it fits my Series X! I see you struggled to fit your receiver too haha. I put mine on the bottom right section. It works for the most part lol

Oct 28, 2017
Looking good! I already grabbed it myself and I like it! Build quality leaves a bit to be desired tho as that door on the right side wouldn't fit on mine. Holes were drilled funky :/

But yeah, it fits my Series X! I see you struggled to fit your receiver too haha. I put mine on the bottom right section. It works for the most part lol
Nice. Yeah i had to slide my receiver in through the back, and then put the back panel on lol. Build on mine was pretty accurate but of course your millage may vary. Im not getting any over heating issues yet on the series x. Im pretty confident that its got enough head room of about 4 inches. And no entertainment center is complete without a wiiu...

Philxor

Oct 27, 2017
Coventry, UK
In the UK, just had one of these arrive today:

INTEL-1500-LED-GREY-AND-OAK-1__06729.1601735690.jpg

https://frankolsenfurniture.co.uk/product/intel-1500-white-walnut-tv-cabinet-2/

Haven't built it yet, but it has built-in Alex-compatible LED lighting with phone charging as well. Will happily come back later to post some pictures. Will house a Samsung Q90R on top, then inside a PS5, Series X, Receiver and Switch. Managed to get it on Black Friday for £100 off.

Edited to include picture.

Last edited:

Kordelle

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
don't have a Series X yet, but was wondering if anybody here got one and placed it vertically in an IKEA Besta rack?
I'm not sure if it gets enough air in that and stays quiet.