• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
Now that the dimensions are officially out, what's the best furniture? Anyone plan on "upgrading" their setup?

Share with TV size and console configuration, please.

I hear the besta from Ikea is quite popular.

ekim

Oct 26, 2017
Thinking about it. I'm getting both consoles (Series X and PS5 DE) and none is really fitting.
Maybe I just place them behind my TV. :D

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
My TV is wal-lmounted and the media stand is in the corner, all the wires run through the wall.
PS5 will be displayed vertically on the top of the media rack.

grady

Oct 29, 2017
Bournemouth, UK
I've ordered an all white leather sofa set and I'm currently lining every crevice of my front room with blue LED strips so the PS5 doesn't clash

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
I hear the besta from Ikea is quite popular.

BESTA is the best.

VZqQcYn.png

Likely gonna put the PS5 where the PS4 currently sits, and the Series S is gonna replace the One S, eventually.

Vormund

Oct 27, 2017
I was looking to get some a new TV unit since I moved recently, but I had to take my current entertainment unit as I know that it will fit Series X on it's side and also comfortably take the PS5. (I originally was going to leave it behind for my tenants) I had trouble finding something new that would suit my requirements. Many wouldn't give a lot of clearance for Series X on it's side, and I'm quite picky on the style as well.

Transistor

Hollowly Brittle
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
I was looking to get some a new TV unit since I moved recently, but I had to take my current entertainment unit as I know that it will fit Series X on it's side and also comfortably take the PS5. (I originally was going to leave it behind for my tenants) I had trouble finding something new that would suit my requirements. Many wouldn't give a lot of clearance for Series X on it's side, and I'm quite picky on the style as well.
A lot of new furniture just don't have the component space that the old stuff does. It's meant for small things like Rokus and Apple TVs. Maybe a cable box.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Leaked image of the official licensed PlayStation 5©️ TV cabinet:

I29tee6.jpg
Lol

I bought the IKEA brimnes, the ps5 and Xbox both fit in the cabinets but I'll likely place them standing on top since my tv is wall mounted. If you do want them in the cabinets you can leave off the back piece for airflow or cut it, it's just like wood board on the back or whatever it's called.

brimnes-tv-unit-black__0704610_PE725291_S5.JPG

They also make a 2 drawer version if you need a more compact one

OP
OP
nihilence

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.

CabooseMSG

Jun 27, 2020
I have a room similar to this one. TV is in the corner by the bowl, Xbox will go on the halfway (like how the bowl is). PS5 will sit in the entertainment stand where the PS4 currently is.
edff485860d792b671fe10330884efb8.jpg

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Lol

I bought the IKEA brimnes, the ps5 and Xbox both fit in the cabinets but I'll likely place them standing on top since my tv is wall mounted. If you do want them in the cabinets you can leave off the back piece for airflow or cut it, it's just like wood board on the back or whatever it's called.

Lol have that one also. But yeah i will stand the series x just next to my tv

RowdyReverb

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
My plan is to put the PS5 facing to the side against a white wall so it blends in a bit. It's just so huge, I don't want it to be the focal point of my entertainment center lol

OneThirtyEight

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Lol

I have this one. Very happy with it and both new consoles will fit great. Never put in the back board so my PS4 can breathe. Also the drawers are great for game storage if you buy physical.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
What does clearance on its side mean? Like vertically? Cuz, correct me if I'm wrong, you don't need much room on the X's sides, just vertically - so if it fits a PS5, which is far taller, it should fit an X right? Unless you're putting the PS5 vertical? But the X on its side?

I'll admit, I'm not the best at spatial reasoning. I used to be better. But then I got stupid.

I plan on putting mine on top of the box my microwave came in.
The classiest option.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mine will simply be replacing my PS4 Pro's current spot in my setup. I plan on laying my disk PS5 horizontally, which is the best looking PS5 aesthetic IMO. The perfect symmetry of the digital edition weirds me out, and while I don't hate the vertical look of either, the resemblance to a router throws me off there (my stand wouldn't fit it that way, anyways, unless I were to hide the PS5 behind my C8, which, no.

SpecDot

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Don't forget to get a dank ass gaming chair to hit those 360 no scopes with 98% accuracy. The other 2% is on purpose so you can drink your GameFuel, and not get suspected of cheating/aim botting.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
3i0me6F.jpg

py7TFDK.jpg

I dont feel confident with the PS5 in my 17 inch cubby if its really 15.4 inches wide?

I dont love the XSX in horizontal orientation, but I will make it work in there 🤷‍♂️️

* also fuck, the PS5 is 4 inches tall and both of those combined is 4 1/2 lol

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
When the Series X is in a Horizontal orientation it is still quite tall for a lot of tv stands.

jpg
Yea, gotcha. But I mean, you said " Many wouldn't give a lot of clearance for Series X on it's side"... but you don't NEED much clearance on the side. There are no vents on the side, and the ports in the back are in the back. If it fits at all, then it doesn't really matter if it's tight in that dimension. Now, if the vents were being blocked, then that would be a problem. But on the vertical axis, PS5 is even larger.

I mean, obviously, if you're not comfortable with that, then that's a different matter and totally understandable. But just was like.. eh.. you don't actually need that much clearance on the side.

I dont feel confident with the PS5 in my 17 inch cubby if its really 15.4 inches wide?

I dont love the XSX in horizontal orientation, but I will make it work in there 🤷‍♂️️

lol they are big consoles, aren't they? 6in on Series X, 4 on PS5 lol. I realize now that if you stack the PS5 on the Series X horizontally, it's almost as tall as the Series X is vertically lol.

How tall is that compartment?

Nastrodamous

Oct 28, 2017
i have this being delievered on saturday =)

82 inch contemporary rustic TV stand for flat screen and audio video installations. Features: American red oak veneer case with a warm honey finish and 4 solid wood slatted sliding doors that conceal 4 equipment compartments, 2 storage drawers with ¾ extension ball bearing glides, 2 adjustable...

Mar 15, 2019
Brazil
3i0me6F.jpg

py7TFDK.jpg

...why are your consoles stacked on top of each other? this isn't bad for them? legit question btw

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
lol they are big consoles, aren't they? 6in on Series X, 4 on PS5 lol. I realize now that if you stack the PS5 on the Series X horizontally, it's almost as tall as the Series X is vertically lol.

How tall is that compartment?

HWU6hQw.jpg

the compartments are 11" tall, I custom built this entertainment center a few years ago

My receiver is EXACTLY 17" so it fits realllll tight lol, its 6" tall exactly but it has little feet so it will end up sitting a bit higher than my XSX (that will kill my symmetrical nature)

For other folks who want quick reference on console dimensions

Xbox Series X in
12*6*6

Xbox Series S in
10*6*2.5

PS5 in
15.5*10*4

Xbox Series X cm
30*15*15

Xbox Series S cm
27.5*15*6.3

PS5 cm
39*26*10.4

hilarious
...why are your consoles stacked on top of each other? this isn't bad for them? legit question btw
old picture, was a temporary setup, I never used them simultaneously though so I doubt it was a big deal for them

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Man I hate any TV stand thats closed up. I hate these ikea ones in here. Anything with drawers or cabinets...

I had this Tv stand where the TV hung off a post kind of. I didn't like that because with a 65" Tv it felt too immobile. So I got one of these stands off Amazon

Amazon.com: Universal TV Stand Base Table Top TV Stand Swivel Mount for Most 27-55 inch LCD LED TVs, Height Adjustable TV Mount Stand with Black Tempered Glass Base and Cable Management, VESA 400x400mm: Kitchen & Dining

Buy Universal TV Stand Base Table Top TV Stand Swivel Mount for Most 27-55 inch LCD LED TVs, Height Adjustable TV Mount Stand with Black Tempered Glass Base and Cable Management, VESA 400x400mm: TV Ceiling & Wall Mounts - Amazon.com ✓ FREE DELIVERY possible on eligible purchases

Now what a stand like this allows is almost any small table can hold even a bigass 65" TV, provided they can sustain the weight, which my 65" TV weighs like 51 pounds, so it's not really that hard. So I like that stand because it makes the TV so much more flexible, you dont need like a 5 ft minimum stand to accommodate the legs or anything.

So I just got kind of a smaller stand, three shelf. But I quickly realized I really missed the staggered effect of the former stand shelves. Where each shelf was recessed from the last. It made accessing everything so nice and easy.

What I mean is like this. Where each shelf is set back from the lower. It makes it so much nicer accessing and moving around everything, you wouldn't suspect it.

446a0efa-447d-4d5e-bddc-da64f7c0a6ec_1.a2a06592845f5a1e828331c18ceaf192.jpeg

So this is the stand I ended up with. TV just goes on top shelf with it's own stand. Good amount of room, and very easy open access to all the consoles and such.

JFoul

Oct 25, 2017
www.bdiusa.com

Corridor Media Console 8173

Perfectly sized for home theater systems with a large television, this modern TV stand and entertainment center packs a ton of innovative features into a low profile design, including a soundbar shelf, remote and audio friendly louvered doors, built-in cable management, adjustable shelves...

shadowhaxor

EIC of Theouterhaven
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Claymont, Delaware
Thought there s another thread floating around. But now that these are in the wild, updates?
I'm actually working on a video about this. I picked up a kick-ass entertainment/tv stand a few weeks back and have been modifying it. Added legs, ordered a smoked tempered glass top, adding some raceway for wiring.

It's called the Ikea Havsta, priced at $225. It's able to fit both an Xbox Series X and PS5 on a single shelf with no issues. I love it, and once I'm done hacking it, it's going to be even better.

20201119_141011-scaled.jpg

20201114_220229-1-scaled.jpg

Dringus

Oct 27, 2017
Bought the stand below right before receiving the new systems, my old one wouldn't fit either really. My goal was to get something that at least allowed the Xbox to stand up, preferred it that way. PS5 I could make vertical as well but prefer having it sit horizontal.

0cO0xLh.jpg

Oct 29, 2017
I wanted to give the PS5 a great amount of space and not confined the system inside the entertainment center. So, I ended up using a plant caddy for the PS5 it actually worked out great.

Plant Caddy