• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
One thing I love is when we have villains who hate their enemy so much, they pretty much dedicate their lives to making their foes lives miserable and are so hellbent on their goal it's all they think about. So what are your favorite examples of this?
Reverse Flash

latest

His hatred for the Flash is legendary. He's been every bad he's ever had to spite him like ruining his family and causing miserable moments from his childhood and is ok with screwing over reality just to hurt the Flash.

Dabi from MHA:

The dude hates Endeavor so much he watched him for years and planned to murder his own brother just to spite him and ruin his dreams. He then changed his plans to build up his dad as the number one just so he could come crush his reputation. He murdered 30 people to put the blame on his dad and recorded a video exposing his dad across the country to wreck society just to screw him over. He doesn't care how his siblings are effected and is ok with them dying just to hurt his dad. His hatred has totally consumed him

Last edited:

astro

Oct 25, 2017
One thing I love is when we have villains who hate their enemy so much, they pretty much dedicate their lives to making their foes lives miserable and are so hellbent on their goal it's all they think about. So what are your favorite examples of this? First up for me is Dabi from MHA:

The dude hates Endeavor so much he watched him for years and planned to murder his own brother just to spite him and ruin his dreams. He then changed his plans to build up his dad as the number one just so he could come crush his reputation. He murdered 30 people to put the blame on his dad and recorded a video exposing his dad across the country to wreck society just to screw him over. He doesn't care how his siblings are effected and is ok with them dying just to hurt his dad. His hatred has totally consumed him
Second is Reverse Flash

latest

His hatred for the Flash is legendary. He's been every bad he's ever had to spite him like ruining his family and causing miserable moments from his childhood and is ok with screwing over reality just to hurt the Flash
I'm not far enough to click that spoiler, OP... now you have me guessing...

PunchyMalone

May 1, 2018
monarch-640.jpg

The Mighty Monarch: "I just wanted to kick his ass! I wanted to build a machine to kick his ass! I wanted to build an empire to house the machine TO KICK HIS ASS!"

My dude literally turned hero to murder the most dangerous super villains in the world, just so he can go back to fighting Rusty. A true champ.

Calamari41

Oct 25, 2017
i-hate-i-hate-i-hate-peter-pan.jpg

Captain Hook is an S-level example. He could easily just fuck off and go be a pirate king, and his crew begs him to do so, but his hatred for Peter means he will not leave Neverland. Even in Hook, when he's basically won, he can't leave well enough alone and has to go poking the bear just to get back at Peter.

This is kind of a backwards example because we all know that Peter Pan is the actual bad guy in this relationship, of course.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
monarch-640.jpg

The Mighty Monarch: "I just wanted to kick his ass! I wanted to build a machine to kick his ass! I wanted to build an empire to house the machine TO KICK HIS ASS!"

My dude literally turned hero to murder the most dangerous super villains in the world, just so he can go back to fighting Rusty. A true champ.

This is the answer right here. I wish I loved someone a tenth as hard as the Monarch hates Dr. Venture.

Beside Dio I don't know who more would fit (Griffith? lol)

Griffith doesn't hate Guts. It's generally a lot more complicated than that.

Beignet

alt account
Banned
Aug 1, 2020
djj7pwc2ubmlz3pseovn.png

The way he completely torments Cloud in FF7
as payback for getting killed by him the first time in Nibelheim is so good

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
Silver Age Lex Luthor.

Dude could cure cancer, be a hero to the world, but noooooooo.

Modern Lex is more inherently a bastard.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
Trump absolutely hates Hilary Clinton and Obama to the point where he still obsesses over them to this day.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
759e7d5f6af688228fd7461d4dc1e6ce.gif

Only problem with Cersei is that she hated EVERYONE at some point.

But damn she really hated the High Sparrow.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Ran for office just because Obama roasted him.

This isn't true. He'd made statements suggesting he might run since way back in the 80's and even tried a run in 2000. Obama's comments are likely why he has gone out of his way to try to erase Obama's legacy though.

RedVejigante

Aug 18, 2018
Shira from Blade of the Immortal sharpened the bones from his dismembered hand into blades just so he could stab the the shit out of Manji, so he gets my vote.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
All For One.

I've only watched the anime so I don't know if it's expanded upon, but I feel like with the way he kept taunting All Might with forcing his cheeks up, and bringing up his predecessor to talk shit about her..... He just seemed to hate everything he stood for. And if it wasn't everything All Might stood for, it was everything One For All stood for.

Someone with the kind of power that allowed him to amass the strength to rule over many, and he chooses to use it to just break the Symbol of Peace. For what? Just because he didn't like what All Might and everyone who came before him stood for.

Oct 28, 2017
One thing I love is when we have villains who hate their enemy so much, they pretty much dedicate their lives to making their foes lives miserable and are so hellbent on their goal it's all they think about. So what are your favorite examples of this?
Reverse Flash

latest

His hatred for the Flash is legendary. He's been every bad he's ever had to spite him like ruining his family and causing miserable moments from his childhood and is ok with screwing over reality just to hurt the Flash.

Dabi from MHA:

Is that a Flash Movie Render?

Griffith.

MoonToon

Banned
Nov 9, 2018
Tory from Cobra Kai, girl cannot stand Sam

l-intro-1604069722.jpg

In her defense the only female friend she had at the Dojo was having beef with Sam and then Sam accused her of stealing her mom's wallet with in mins of meeting her ... then she finds out this same Sam is the girl her crush is spending all his time and energy thinking about. THEN, after some not-too-far petty conflicts, she sees Sam kiss her boy friend after finally getting him to open up and move on with his love life and be with her.

She's troubled and unstable but by all means, everything in her world and all their interactions basically makes Sam #1 on her shit-list. Though she's just kinda a cartoon villain now that Miguel left the Dojo (and left her when she wasn't able to bring herself to even come visit him for reasons).

OP
OP
DragonSJG

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
In her defense the only female friend she had at the Dojo was having beef with Sam and then Sam accused her of stealing her mom's wallet with in mins of meeting her ... then she finds out this same Sam is the girl her crush is spending all his time and energy thinking about. THEN, after some not-too-far petty conflicts, she sees Sam kiss her boy friend after finally getting him to open up and move on with his love life and be with her.

She's troubled and unstable but by all means, everything in her world and all their interactions basically makes Sam #1 on her shit-list. Though she's just kinda a cartoon villain now that Miguel left the Dojo (and left her when she wasn't able to bring herself to even come visit him for reasons).
Doesn't excuse trying to maim or possibly kill her

Zolbrod

Oct 27, 2017
Osaka, Japan
djj7pwc2ubmlz3pseovn.png

The way he completely torments Cloud in FF7
as payback for getting killed by him the first time in Nibelheim is so good

I never got the impression Sephiroth is filled with hatred, because he's usually sporting a cocky smile.
He genuinely seems to enjoy messing with Cloud, but it never felt like actual hateful behavior to me.
I think he's too emotionless to be consumed by hatred.

In fact, very few FF villains seem to be motivated by simple hatred. It's usually a desire for destruction and/or chaos.