• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Dec 4, 2017
Brazil
Yakuza Kiwami 2 has this heat action that allows you to instantly defeat any enemies in the area, even sub-stories "bosses".

This made me want to see more examples, especially boss fights that you can end with one action/attack. Spider-Man 2 (Ps2) had one particularly funny

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
dragonsdogma.fandom.com

Maker's Finger

Maker's Finger is an item available in Dragon's Dogma. "The ultimate arrow, said to kill instantly." The Maker's Finger is a powerful and expensive arrow that can instantly kill most enemies- even Dragons can be killed with a successful shot. The Maker's Finger also has the power to kill...

May 19, 2020
playing that one stage of halo 2 with all the jackals sniping at you on legendary, omae wa mou shindeiru

Deleted member 3082

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Turok 2's Cerebral Bore.

4cNja1r.gif

A homing device that latches onto the enemy's head, drills into their skull, forcibly ejects their grey matter and then explodes.

It sounds just as unpleasant as it looks too;

Last edited:

Dylan

Oct 28, 2017
It's kind of an obvious answer but Sekiro's stealth kills are pretty much always satisfying.

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
Bushido Blade: The Thread

Oh, what I would do for a new installment...

CerealKi11a

Chicken Chaser
May 3, 2018
Using the hidden blade to assassinate people from incredible heights in the original AC was pretty fun.

also second the shotgun in Gears.

Deleted member 79517

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 31, 2020
I was just playing Hyperstone Heist last night with my brother, and were both "fondly" reminiscing on Super Shredder's special move that immediately turns you into a regular turtle. For some reason, I found that particularly affecting as a child.

etrain911

Oct 27, 2017
The one hit tuning fork in BOTW comes to mind, extremely fragile but drops most normal enemies like that. I also think of Ghostrunner where the central conceit is that you and your enemies both die in a single hit.

Oct 28, 2017
GoW_Shotgun3.gif

Gears series Gnasher, can't find any good recent gifs (e.g., Gears 5) tho.

Before you go that there is a mismatch between the barrel and where the bullets land it's cause Gears 1 had center screem aiming (so the bullets come from the middel of the screen rather than from the barrel of the gun), future installments have a barrel aim or a hybrid.

ArchStanton

Oct 29, 2017
The explosive-tipped arrows in The Last of Us, Part II. Very satisfying (sorry, on mobile at Trader Joe's, so no gifs here, lol).

Cronogear

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
GoW_Shotgun3.gif

Gears series Gnasher, can't find any good recent gifs (e.g., Gears 5) tho.

Before you go that there is a mismatch between the barrel and where the bullets land it's cause Gears 1 had center screem aiming (so the bullets come from the middel of the screen rather than from the barrel of the gun), future installments have a barrel aim or a hybrid.
This. Also sniper rifle headshots

MQAc.gif

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
The Zankoku in Shinobido 2:

Maxed out, you can chain it to like four or five enemies (depending on their tier, and maybe the difficulty) and it becomes one of the most glorious stealth kill moves ever.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
Unfortunately, that thumbnail accurately depicts her Xrd redesign, which is just absolutely pathetic. They absolutely butchered her. This has been the generation of ruining the best female characters in fighting games.
Thank you. I was a fan of the original Baiken design, I couldn't believe how they massacred my girl. An absolute embarrassment to the point I'm not even sure I want her to return in Strive.

By the way, the "Destroy" in GG1 was an insta-kill for BOTH rounds, the stupidity of it is still incredible.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you. I was a fan of the original Baiken design, I couldn't believe how they massacred my girl. An absolute embarrassment to the point I'm not even sure I want her to return in Strive.
I want to see her return in Strive and get a design that isn't weeb trash. Maybe if we get a new Baiken design in Strive (that is actually good) we can forget her Xrd design ever happened.

Darkknight2149

Ban made permanent due to harassment of staff
Banned
May 27, 2020
Not sure if you have seen the aggressive gameplays for TLoU, but they are pretty funny.

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
Unfortunately, that thumbnail accurately depicts her Xrd redesign, which is just absolutely pathetic. They absolutely butchered her. This has been the generation of ruining the best female characters in fighting games.

Yeah. Her design in XX is so, so cool. I prefer almost everyone's XX design to their Xrd ones to be honest. Except for maybe Dizzy and Ky

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ghost of Tsushima: Ghost Stance
sddefault.jpg

AC4 Black Flag: ALL THE BOARDING PISTOLS
PS4PRO_Assassins_Creed_IV1.gif

Prototype: Om nom nom nom
8jpF-y.gif

And of course, any Halo: headshot
xYW7hSO.gif

Inkvoterad

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Shinobi for ps2 was all about that. Attacks would basically oneshot enemies and keep them in some static pose, and when you cleared the room the character would do some edgy jojo style pose or sheath his weapon, and every single enemy you hit/killed would like split in half at the same time with over the top blood spurts.

3da802448334f11e1cbcb18df7aa3940c4a49f64r1-500-250_hq.gif

i also love how MG Revengeance encourages you to utilize the zandatsu for quick instakills and spine fluid/hp regain. Amazing mechanic that looks so incredibly stylish.

rising2dko0m.gif